Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2011, 20:48   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I believe this will lead to a better re-sale value for all the existing users? Much better than they already had?
How will it lead to better re sale value? The person who bought his car at the earlier prices just lost 1.7L off his cars value basically.
Old 11th July 2011, 20:54   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Will Honda be able to meet up Jazz demand now! Fantastic prices for a fabulous car! Wish I was in the market now for an upgrade :(
Just got off the phone from the ASM at Shubh Honda, and he says they have registered 25 bookings from 3 PM till 8 PM, when it was closing time!

Demand is sure to rise, and in a rush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
This should have been the bracket in which they should have actually launched it.

Hope they are not cutting on anything to meet this price tag.
No cut on features.

Pricing is with immediate effect, which means if your local dealer has any Jazzes left in his showroom, he has to sell them at these revised prices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Will Civic be the next in line?
All indications point so. Expect at least 1L cut sooner than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
R.I.P i20 petrol and friends!

That's very-very competitive pricing.Good to see Honda so aggressively jumping into the battle of numbers.First the City and now the Jazz..Just perfect move by Honda.A diesel engine would be an icing on the cake.
This is the bracket where the Jazz could have been a bestseller! But still, better late than never. This is bound to create a lot of furore for now.

No diesels for at least 2 more years. Although one interesting point to note - the ASM with whom I talked to on the phone just now, mentioned that these cuts for the City and the Jazz and the pricing of the Brio (estimated to start at around 4.5L and go upto 6L for 3-4 variants) is to make space for the diesel variants of all these cars in the near future, and Honda is planning to bring in a diesel City (most probably 1.6L engine) by end-2012 or early 2013!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 11th July 2011 at 21:15.
Old 11th July 2011, 20:55   #18
BHPian

Petrol cars are taking a deep cut after the recent fuel price hikes, diesel's are in high demand and usually the discounts that were offered in both Petrols and Diesel's are now only on Petrol's, with the recent hikes in prices of Petrol even an individual driving about 600-700 km's per month will break even in approx 3 yrs even if he is paying about 80k premium over the Petrol car of the same make.
Old 11th July 2011, 20:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Yes it's true, and I have confirmed it from my local Honda dealer.

Base model - (Previous Price) 7,45,000 <---> (Revised Price) 5,87,500

Select model - (Previous Price) 7,56,500 <---> (Revised Price) 5,99,000

X model - (Previous Price) 7,88,500 <---> (Revised Price) 6,31,000

All prices ex-showroom, in CG. No official announcement has been done by Honda regarding this price cut as of yet.

The Select's price comes to 6.7L OTR, and it's a steal now!
Is this the OTR Price or Ex-showroom price ? Sorry - Later I saw the statement that the prices are ex-showroom and that OTR price of Select version. And, yes, do not we all love competition !!

Last edited by aaren : 11th July 2011 at 21:02. Reason: Correcting the statement
Old 11th July 2011, 20:58   #20
BHPian

Honda has woken up and how! Back in business.
I just can't stop smiling even though I have no intention of buying a car anytime soon. Competition is a wonderful thing.
Old 11th July 2011, 20:59   #21
BHPian

Thank you Honda, you have been making huge profits till date, now you realize its high time you stop doing this.

The reason i'm thanking honda is because this will lead to some amount of panic within the Hatch market resulting in either better offers on the hatches or atleast some amount of price reductions from hyundai and MSIL etc,End of the consumer is the winner.
(I Was looking at an Advertisement in the paper today by Hyundai, offerring loans on santro and i10 @3%PA for the first 2 years. I was shocked and feeling happy for the folks who want to buy these cars)
Old 11th July 2011, 21:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
Is this the OTR Price or Ex-showroom price ?
Ex showroom prices. Top end Jazz used to cost 9.25 lakhs on-road Bangalore!
Old 11th July 2011, 21:02   #23
Team-BHP Support

This is a fantastic move. IMO this also creates a window for them to introduce an A/T with the City 1.5 engine at a plausible price. I believe it will have it's own little market amongst some urban customers.

All in all a great move. There's no doubt this is probably the best product out there in it's segment. Correct pricing was the biggest factor in it's way and that is now seemingly addressed and how !! I can't wait to see comparative sales figures once the initial euphoria subsides.

Well done Honda !!
Old 11th July 2011, 21:06   #24
BANNED

The news is all over the internet now although there is no official news from Honda themselves.
Honda Jazz Price Slashed By Rs 1.75 Lakhs? | Autoholiks
Old 11th July 2011, 21:06   #25
AWD
BHPian

Honda has been charging huge "Premium" for its Vehicles in India. The cut prices are what there should have been to begin with.
Great time for Petrol car buyers. An increase in diesel car prices coupled with increased taxes or levelling of petrol-diesel gap will tilt the balance in favor of Petrol cars once again.

Expect other car companies to follow suit...
Old 11th July 2011, 21:11   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I just cant smile enough on reading this. Finally Honda has arrived to the party. Finally we will get to see jazz in huge numbers on the road. Awesome decision by honda. Only troubling thought is the poor people who bought there jazz recently. Man they must be ready to kill honda. Its quite a massive price cut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Though on the expected lines, that's a shocking news from Honda. This is where the Jazz should have been launched in the first place. Honda decided to kill their model all by themselves with their over-ambitious pricing. At this price during launch, the Jazz would have made the i20, Polo and Punto run for cover. But now that those models are well-established, I doubt whether this will make serious inroads in the i20 and Polo's sales. Punto may well be affected by this.

But, spare a thought for all those souls who had paid so much money and bought the Jazz until now. If I was one of those, I would curse Honda over this! First, they ridiculously over-price the car and then, they turn their back on their staunch followers who still went and bought the car with that exorbitant price. Very bad!
Definitely. Just think of all those Jazz buyers who bought their Jazzes till June-end or even the first week of July. What will they be going through right now?

A difference of 1.5 to 2.0L on various Jazz models?! It's not a sucker punch, it's a killer punch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Dammm! Its hard to even think how much was Honda earning per car given that they are still earning even after reducing 1.75 lakhs! Well established or not, i20 will feel the heat. Atleast Honda doesn't have any of the steering or the A/C issues and small 1.2 liter VTec engine is a gem.
At least 2L, maybe more. They were still making profits even after covering the unofficial discounts through the dealers. Staggering amount, if you start thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Hyundai will sure cut the prices but then it wouldn't be in lacs for sure.Every manufacturer will suffer from the cut prices of the Jazz.Now,what Hyundai can do is offer diesel at lower prices.That would certainly heat up the hatch-segment.Now we are really spoilt for choices.

Anyone could confirm if these slash in prices are permanent or for a limited period of time.I still can't believe Honda has done that.1.75 lacs is a CBR250R ABS money.
I can foresee similar slashes from other car companies in the coming months till festival time. The new Swift 2011 might also come at a delectable price, which will indeed turn the heat on!

The ASM of Shubh Honda said that these new prices are with immediate effect, and now he has 4 Jazzes left with him (two Base, two Select) and they will be sold with these new prices. For the next lot, he will go with the revised prices Honda will be sending them together with the lot. He expects it to be around 20-25K more than the revised prices mentioned now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Petrol cars are taking a deep cut after the recent fuel price hikes, diesel's are in high demand and usually the discounts that were offered in both Petrols and Diesel's are now only on Petrol's, with the recent hikes in prices of Petrol even an individual driving about 600-700 km's per month will break even in approx 3 yrs even if he is paying about 80k premium over the Petrol car of the same make.
And that's why, with this heavy price cut, Jazz is suddenly VFM. Specially for petrol enthusiasts like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
Is this the OTR Price or Ex-showroom price ?
Ex-showroom. Add about 70K to all figures to get the OTR prices.

Which goes to show, the now-discontinued Jazz X is available at less than 7L! At least in my state, it is. If any are left in showrooms, people should be rushing to book them asap!

Another interesting point - when I enquired if Honda is thinking of discontinuing the Jazz in the near future, the ASM said that most parts which were being imported are now being manufactured in Honda's India-based plant. Ergo, the duties on them have considerably lowered down. Hence the price cuts for the City and now the Jazz, and expectedly across Honda's entire range in the coming months.

Also, Honda is going to export models from India to other countries in the near future. He has just returned today from a Honda top-level honchos meeting in Mumbai, so there's no reason to disbelieve him.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 11th July 2011 at 21:16.
Old 11th July 2011, 21:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Couple of hours back when I saw this news I thought this just may be a rumor or a particular dealer offer and something like that. But I just realized that this may be true as Honda don't want to create news in this regard that they are reducing the prices of their car as this may affect their market reputation.

I guess this time Honda did it quite silently not creating any breaking news like it did for Honda City. Honda will not discontinue this car for sure as predicted by some members here. It is a great car, why ever they will discontinue it? just because of that price tag?

Now if Honda has really corrected the prices then celebrations should start for Honda becoming the mass seller, the only remaining thing is the diesel mill. I expect Brio to be priced competitively to compete with Ford Figo, Swift and others in the segment.

PS - I request Honda to price their car correctly before they launch instead of reducing it later, this will hurt their reputation in long run.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 21:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

1.75L Reduction
this is insane.
Have they cut down on features or what?
If not,they are still not going to sell these at a loss.
previous pricing was a total rip off.
Suddenly it seems amazing VFM.
Hyundai should be worried for i20 now,and others too
Old 11th July 2011, 21:27   #29
BHPian

Poor Punto... With all the price-cuts from Honda, the market gonna go crazy with all manufacturers following up with reduced prices. And I believe Punto will be forgotten soon.
Old 11th July 2011, 21:29   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Edit:: Is this the biggest price cut for any car less than 10L which is still under production [I mean price cut apart from clearance sales after the production stopped]?
Do we know for sure that this is not a "clearance sales after production stopped" for Jazz? Honda has said it time and again, it simply cannot afford to reduce Jazz price by much due to cost. This price cut is just unfathomable. Somebody from Honda needs to confirm that Jazz will not be stopped and this is indeed a price-cut without a quality cut inspired by Toyota Liva!
SunilM is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed