Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2011, 21:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Hyundai will sure cut the prices but then it wouldn't be in lacs for sure.Every manufacturer will suffer from the cut prices of the Jazz.Now,what Hyundai can do is offer diesel at lower prices.That would certainly heat up the hatch-segment.Now we are really spoilt for choices.
If the prices for the diesel cars are cut, then I am quite sure the govt will chip in and increase the tax on diesel cars.. Maybe some cess or so

They are losing good money over diesel and this would be a good time for them to make merry!
Old 11th July 2011, 21:32   #32
BHPian

Actually, Honda was offering Rs.55000/- off for almost a year, last month they started offering insurance free. So, approx. 75 k was already off on the OTR.

The fresh pricing will increase the competition in petrol hatch segment!
Old 11th July 2011, 21:35   #33
BANNED

On second thoughts the bare bones Liva looks like a daylight robbery now.
akhilesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 21:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
Do we know for sure that this is not a "clearance sales after production stopped" for Jazz? Honda has said it time and again, it simply cannot afford to reduce Jazz price by much due to cost.
Honda never gave stock clearance discounts even when new models were confirmed. And also discounts cannot be by such big margin. And why Honda will ever discontinue such fantastic car? Everyone wants to buy this beauty but it is only the price which puts people's mind off. It is indeed a price cut done silently by Honda to avoid being in news and creating hype in the market.
Old 11th July 2011, 21:37   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do we know for sure that this is not a "clearance sales after production stopped" for Jazz?
From the below post, it looks more like a price cut and not a clearance sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Just got off the phone from the ASM at Shubh Honda, and he says they have registered 25 bookings from 3 PM till 8 PM,
Does anyone know what is the delivery time quoted now? And whats the explanation the SAs are giving for this price cut?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 11th July 2011 at 21:39.
Old 11th July 2011, 21:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Honda never gave stock clearance discounts even when new models were confirmed
Well, thats not true in my case. I was booking the 10th gen NHC and was offered the 9th gen with Stanley Leather interiors + alloys + sunfilm.
We opted for the 10th gen as my wife insisted on the color - heather mist which wasnt available on the 9th gen.
Old 11th July 2011, 21:50   #37
dot
Senior - BHPian

Finally the king eats the humble pie. This was coming, no doubt. But now that it is here, it is great news for customers. Finally the lovely car is placed rightly. I wonder which great management/marketing guru decided on the original prices in the first place. That person must be eating the humble pie as well tonight!

Hope they dont water down the Jazz like the Fabia.
Old 11th July 2011, 21:50   #38
BHPian

So many times I had a close look at Jazz in the showroom, but for the pricing, never bothered to take it to next level. Such a wonderful car and mind never agreed with my heart!

Looks like, with this price reduction, finally the perfect upgrade(?) for my 6 years old Swift ZXi is ready!

Look at the hatch comparison done last year, and observe the closing comments, the new pricing makes perfect sense now.

Overdrive: Mega hatchback comparison test >> Watch Video

This car will be the next to boast the waiting period now!

Last edited by Selective : 11th July 2011 at 21:53.
Old 11th July 2011, 21:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

The car becomes tremendous value for money now!!! i20 is definitely going to feel the heat (especially the petrol). But as many people are pointing in the thread, this would be very very harsh on people who have just bought the car before the price revision. I guess we will see a lot more Jazz's on the road

And hope there are no "feature cuts" which happened with the Fabia!!

Last edited by arvind71181 : 11th July 2011 at 21:51.
Old 11th July 2011, 21:59   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Couple of hours back when I saw this news I thought this just may be a rumor or a particular dealer offer and something like that. But I just realized that this may be true as Honda don't want to create news in this regard that they are reducing the prices of their car as this may affect their market reputation.

I guess this time Honda did it quite silently not creating any breaking news like it did for Honda City. Honda will not discontinue this car for sure as predicted by some members here. It is a great car, why ever they will discontinue it? just because of that price tag?

Now if Honda has really corrected the prices then celebrations should start for Honda becoming the mass seller, the only remaining thing is the diesel mill. I expect Brio to be priced competitively to compete with Ford Figo, Swift and others in the segment.

PS - I request Honda to price their car correctly before they launch instead of reducing it later, this will hurt their reputation in long run.
Quote:
Do we know for sure that this is not a "clearance sales after production stopped" for Jazz? Honda has said it time and again, it simply cannot afford to reduce Jazz price by much due to cost. This price cut is just unfathomable. Somebody from Honda needs to confirm that Jazz will not be stopped and this is indeed a price-cut without a quality cut inspired by Toyota Liva!
The ASM said that Jazz is registered to be in production till 2019, so I don't see it being discontinued anytime soon. Also, it will be positioned at the segment just above the Brio. The top-end Brio and the entry-level Jazz will be almost similarly priced.

Brio is set to come in at the range of 4.5L to 6L, ex-showroom. That should give some other car companies sleepless nights and plenty of headaches!

The ASM also said that they have had 2 changes in hierarchy within the last week, and the new top-level directors want City, Jazz and Brio driven deep into competition fields!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram View Post
Poor Punto... With all the price-cuts from Honda, the market gonna go crazy with all manufacturers following up with reduced prices. And I believe Punto will be forgotten soon.
I don't think so. This might be the best time to reduce prices on the Punto (the tacky interiors demanded it anyway), and coupled with it's diesel engine offer, Punto should find some space for itself too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Actually, Honda was offering Rs.55000/- off for almost a year, last month they started offering insurance free. So, approx. 75 k was already off on the OTR.

The fresh pricing will increase the competition in petrol hatch segment!
Our own Adimicra haggled and got almost 1L off on the Select variant. But never in his wildest dreams would he have thought of 1.5L or even more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Definitely. Toyota might not do anything drastic anytime soon but suddenly even they are jolted to sit up and take notice.

We might get to see some really interesting festival offers once Dusshera kicks in! Maybe even earlier!

Quote:
Honda never gave stock clearance discounts even when new models were confirmed. And also discounts cannot be by such big margin. And why Honda will ever discontinue such fantastic car? Everyone wants to buy this beauty but it is only the price which puts people's mind off. It is indeed a price cut done silently by Honda to avoid being in news and creating hype in the market.
Jazz is pretty much in-production at the moment, as per my talks with the ASM. He is expected to get 20 Jazzes by this weekend, and 20 more by next weekend. This is definitely a price cut, and not a stock clearance for a future discontinuation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Does anyone know what is the delivery time quoted now? And whats the explanation the SAs are giving for this price cut?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Another interesting point - when I enquired if Honda is thinking of discontinuing the Jazz in the near future, the ASM said that most parts which were being imported are now being manufactured in Honda's India-based plant. Ergo, the duties on them have considerably lowered down. Hence the price cuts for the City and now the Jazz, and expectedly across Honda's entire range in the coming months.

Also, Honda is going to export models from India to other countries in the near future.
He has just returned today from a Honda top-level honchos meeting in Mumbai, so there's no reason to disbelieve him.
For Sherbet Blue, Rallye Red, Black and Silver - 10 days.

For Tafeta White and Deep Sapphire Blue - 7 days.
Old 11th July 2011, 22:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Nothing on the Honda webpage till now.
But if this news is true (which I think it is) - Jazz, being a great product (marred by disastrous pricing till now), should have no problem being the king of the hill for luxury hatches.

Hyundai - bring down the i10 and i20 prices to saner levels - the top end i10 must not cost more than 5 lakhs Ex Showroom. Its that simple.

VW - better bring back the driver side rear window control switches!

FIAT - oh well....

Toyota - now what to do with the bare-bones Liva?

Previous Jazz owners - Better invest in some high yield stocks to cover up the 1 lakh+ depreciation in a day.
Old 11th July 2011, 22:01   #42
BHPian

Seems to be a Multi Country move by Honda - In Australia Jazz prices were dropped by 1400-2000 AUD.
Honda Australia Cuts Price On Jazz, CR-V, Odyssey, Accord and Accord Euro | Reviews | Prices | Australian specifications
Jazz definitely becomes a good option in the B+ Hatch segment now in India.
Old 11th July 2011, 22:01   #43
BHPian

I notice a change in the company policy. The management must have realised that stubbornness might badly affect the company.
Though late, the price cut is a welcome move by Honda. The Indian car customer never had it so good !!
Old 11th July 2011, 22:02   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Do we know for sure that this is not a "clearance sales after production stopped" for Jazz? Honda has said it time and again, it simply cannot afford to reduce Jazz price by much due to cost. This price cut is just unfathomable. Somebody from Honda needs to confirm that Jazz will not be stopped and this is indeed a price-cut without a quality cut inspired by Toyota Liva!
The same thought occurred to me too. Is this not what Honda did when they were about to phase out the Civic Hybrid? Reduced the price from 20L+ to about
13L or so?
Old 11th July 2011, 22:05   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
If this reduction is not a stock clearance discount, this is throwing the gauntlet to Toyota. Leave alone Toyota now the volume market is going to heat up like hell. Some of the new petrol Swift buyers ( of the Zxi variant) may be tempted to ante up a bit more ( approx 10% assuming new Swift prices won't be increased) and go for the mid variant of the Jazz. If the prices of the new Swift are increased the difference is going to be even narrower. Same story for Polo Highline 1.2L . Prices are really clustered here. Choices wide open.

One has to admire how competition humbles all!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks