Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 00:16   #76
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Yes it's true, and I have confirmed it from my local Honda dealer.

Base model - (Previous Price) 7,45,000 <---> (Revised Price) 5,87,500

Select model - (Previous Price) 7,56,500 <---> (Revised Price) 5,99,000

X model - (Previous Price) 7,88,500 <---> (Revised Price) 6,31,000

All prices ex-showroom, in CG. No official announcement has been done by Honda regarding this price cut as of yet.

The Select's price comes to 6.7L OTR, and it's a steal now!
Wow!!! Am I dreaming? Was there a Management Reshuffle at Honda India? First the City and now the Jazz. This is truly amazing stuff by Honda. I'm wondering how would people who bought the Jazz yesterday at ridiculous high prices react to this news?
Old 12th July 2011, 00:22   #77
BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Boy, I am hugely disappointed. I extended so much myself to buy this car from a range of 6 to 7.5 just because I loved this car. Its less than an year and I get to hear this. I haven't even done 2 lakhs of payment on my loan. I am sure every Jazz owner story is like mine. I have started to hate Honda. I know its knee-jerk reaction. But I am sure in my shoes every owner would feel the same. The only consoling factor is that I lose around 75K and not 1.75 L.

Last edited by snorting bull : 12th July 2011 at 00:25.
Old 12th July 2011, 00:25   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
Yes, reduction is 1.57 Lacs only, across segments. My guess is, the quoted figure of 1.75L is "assuming" that they still continue with the 1 rupee insurance scheme for Jazz.
Or this 1.75L is the discount on OTR ? Since its such a massive price cut, I see another 10-15K savings on OTR prices since insurance & RT also will be reduced along with this. In Kerala, this Ex showroom price reduction will bring in another savings of 9000/- on RT alone [6%]. Bangy guys will be saving another 10000/- on top of this taking the savings on RT alone to almost 20K. Insurance savings are apart from this.

Anyway I guess this blew off almost everyone in the forum as we all were expecting just a lac discount. This is way too aggressive by Honda. They also might have done this to create space for some other products / variants of Jazz. If the management can go to such an extent of price cut, they might have more arrows in the quiver.

Maurti & Hyundai has been beaten from top [Honda] & bottom [Toyota]. Will be interestting to see how they respond to this game. This festival seasons has brought a lot of joy to the customers [well, most of them] I guess.
Old 12th July 2011, 00:33   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
You can basically play with the price to achieve desired volumes. A car will be profitable for a car company when it sells at a particular monthly run rate. Basically, Honda could make higher profit on Jazz at the new cut rate price now provided there is a significant increase in sales.
Thats right! And more cars on road means, happy dealers (more cars to services), parts suppliers (new cars + aging part replacements) & all other supporting functions. Overall it will be a healthy situation to be in for a long run!
Old 12th July 2011, 00:51   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I doubt small diesels will come anytime soon. They were planning the CRV diesel. A high ranking official from a company that sells Honda, BMW and Hyundai now say Accord may be the first diesel, a 2.2 litre everyone knows about this engine.

Maybe they can get the circle L series, 1.7L which I heard was made by Isuzu a while ago.
Honda is rumoured to be building 2 small diesels in the 1.4 and 1.6 range. The mention in Autocar show this week was that they have put their out of work Formula 1 engine team into developing this engine :-)

cant say how much is true
Old 12th July 2011, 01:07   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
Honda is rumoured to be building 2 small diesels in the 1.4 and 1.6 range. The mention in Autocar show this week was that they have put their out of work Formula 1 engine team into developing this engine :-)

cant say how much is true
The discussion on small capacity Honda diesels can be seen here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ears-away.html
Old 12th July 2011, 01:14   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Just shows how much cream the fat cats at Honda were licking off the hands of Indian customers.

Thank You VW for giving us Vento.

And on related note thank you Honda too. Hyundai needed a big stick up theirs big time.
Hilarious post.
You are absolutely right. VW might not be perfect but I will somehow always credit them for there game changing role in the Indian car market. Some people say its the hyundai which will dent the Honda but Verna existed even before when honda was the undisputed king. VW came and gave us the confidence that we can get a much more VFM car for the price we are paying. 3 cheers for them!
Old 12th July 2011, 02:56   #83
BHPian

Someone pinch me hard

This is excellent news, especially when I am in the market to buy a hatch. Finally Honda have woekn up or they have fired their management team and hired a new bunch, which ever it is they have it spot on with the Jazz pricing. Now I just hope the Civics also follow soon.

I am going to the next door Honda dealer right away, by the way I checked gtheir website right now and the Delhi price for the Jazz are still as mentioned below:

Jazz: 712,500
Jazz Select: 723,900
Jazz X: 755,900

So what is the new price in Delhi, does anyone have an idea on this, it will really help, lest I make a fool of myself in the showroom
Old 12th July 2011, 03:59   #84
Senior - BHPian

I don't see Jazz catching up now. Also to add, Jazz lacks the oomph i20 and Polo have. The 90 bhp motor seriously lacks torque. Also, WagonR's rear seats were better utilized by us than the Jazz Magic seats.

It is a nice car though but I don't see sales catching up now (read 3K or above units).
Old 12th July 2011, 04:10   #85
BHPian

Post on Honda Facebook page:

Guys Why so Serious huh ? So do you people like our surprise of Today ? We have now cut down price of our Production Model Jazz by Rs.1,75,000 and soon we will bring in the 1.5L i-Vtec 118 Bhp Petrol Engine in it.

-Team HSIL-
swapnil.rahate is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 04:34   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Honda never gave stock clearance discounts even when new models were confirmed. And also discounts cannot be by such big margin. And why Honda will ever discontinue such fantastic car? Everyone wants to buy this beauty but it is only the price which puts people's mind off. It is indeed a price cut done silently by Honda to avoid being in news and creating hype in the market.
Well, Not always true. Honda gave almost 40% discounts for stock clearance on Honda Civic Hybrid which was priced at around 22 Lacs and failed big time. They offered Civic Hybrids for around 14 lacs during stock clearance. This was couple of years back.

Jazz was always overpriced and the price correction is defiantly going to help sales chart.

Last edited by Nitrous Power : 12th July 2011 at 04:43.
Nitrous Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 06:41   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.rahate
Post on Honda Facebook page:

Guys Why so Serious huh ? So do you people like our surprise of Today ? We have now cut down price of our Production Model Jazz by Rs.1,75,000 and soon we will bring in the 1.5L i-Vtec 118 Bhp Petrol Engine in it.

-Team HSIL-
They are going to get at least 1 reply from me there and it ain't gonna look good

I bought a preowned jazz a couple of months ago, and surely paid the premium there. The guy who sold it must be laughing this morning

The most embarrassing part this morning will be to inform the wife, who had asked me to hold off on the purchase till September! I hope Honda makes it up to existing owners in some way. The phone will be ringing off the hook at their dealers later today. Prospective buyers and irate existing customers
Old 12th July 2011, 07:37   #88
Team-BHP Support

Back to the same question, which I think was discussed on the Jazz 1.5 thread.
But I dont remember the conclusion.

Is there any differentiation planned by Honda between the engine capacities of Brio and Jazz?
Old 12th July 2011, 07:45   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
I don't see Jazz catching up now. Also to add, Jazz lacks the oomph i20 and Polo have. The 90 bhp motor seriously lacks torque. Also, WagonR's rear seats were better utilized by us than the Jazz Magic seats.

It is a nice car though but I don't see sales catching up now (read 3K or above units).

This is definately going to create a lot of confusion in a potential buyers mind . The all new swift due in a few months . Honda Jazz , people have had desires for this car but have ignored it just for the price . I dont think a lot of people have slashed it of their potential list for its engine power or features , its always been the price point that has been a turn down when it came to Honda . Honda just hit the nail on the head with this price cut and they've (Hit) hyundai , right where it matters . I'd like to see the i20 numbers now . I hope the dying FIAT takes a few cues (yes am a FIAT fan boy. )I hope FIAT comes up with its EVO and prices it right .

Maruti now need to up their game and really need to think out of the box to price the swift right . They have taken away a share of the pie of the new swift even before it launched .

I am tempted to sell off my Punto and get the Jazz but I'll probably wait till the game gets yummier .

I was just wondering , what would happen to people who bought the Jazz a few days ago , would they be eligible for teh revised prices or would they be paying the same old price ?
gautamkhadse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 08:00   #90
Team-BHP Support

6 pages of discussion in less than 12 hours! Reinforce the fact that the way forward for Honda is not adding additional features, better drivetrain, or diesel engine. It’s all about price cut.

Now, this could be a marketing ploy as well. Honda maybe leaving space for a facelift. At this point, any price hike in Jazz (even with a 1.5L engine will be a disaster). Reduce 100K now, and bring in a face lifted version a few months later with a price hike of around 75K. End result – Honda is happy for regaining the public confidence and public is happy for buying a Honda with no additional cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I don't want to curse Honda.
People like me were foolish enough to buy the car....I thought it might be marginally overpriced after all the discounts I managed but this is beyond my wildest dreams. It is at par or may be cheaper than the I20/Polo. Forget it, the plain jane Liva top-end costs almost the same. I am sure it will set the sales charts of fire.

But Honda has done their reputation no good IMO.
I guess you always take a risk when you buy a low-selling model in the market.
Look at Fabia - Skoda reduced the prices no doubt, but they cut the features as well. SO, at least, the previous owners can feel somewhat satisfied considering they have some extra features at a higher price.
Look at Honda, they just reduce 1.75L without any cut in the features - that is a whooping 20% + reduction in the price.
My next car won't be a Honda for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
They are going to get at least 1 reply from me there and it ain't gonna look good

I bought a preowned jazz a couple of months ago, and surely paid the premium there. The guy who sold it must be laughing this morning

The most embarrassing part this morning will be to inform the wife, who had asked me to hold off on the purchase till September! I hope Honda makes it up to existing owners in some way. The phone will be ringing off the hook at their dealers later today. Prospective buyers and irate existing customers
Agreed that it’s a huge price cut, but it’s not all bad for you.
I feel those who buy the existing lot with the revised price are lucky ones. Expect some dip in features and build quality in the new cheaper Jazz. Who knows, that Euro-like thud while closing the door maybe missing in the new lot (not that many of the buyers will care for it).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed