Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 11:36   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Hey Abhi,
Thanks mate...I knew Jazz was overpriced at the quote price. But discounts were already there to the tune of 75 to 85K, when I bought. At that price, it seemed reasonable to me. (may be 20K or so more overpriced), but mine, like other Jazz owners, was a decision from the heart and not from the head.

But I could never imagine that they can reduce the prices by 1L more.

From a business point of view, it might make sense in the short term, but am not so sure in the long run.
When they launch their next car, will people buy it? They know that Honda can reduce prices by ~25% if the car doesn't sell well. Unless Honda prices their next launch extremely competitively (read undercut some of the rivals), I don't think many people will be in a hurry to put their money on a Honda.

For me, well, I had almost decided that Civic will be my next upgrade. But after all this pricing fiasco, I am not so sure.
A LOT of credit for this goes to VW. They gave Indians something we never had. Good quality products from 'aspiration' brand (if we leave the German trio --> Merc/Audi/BMW apart). I mean for normal junta, Honda and VW are fairly aspirational brands. I have always believed a lot of products could never compete with Honda's because a lot of Indians simply wanted to own a Honda.

Honda got carried away and started milking the customers by raising the prices. They took it too far by launching Jazz at 7 lacs ex- showroom. What the hell! Junta has given them a clear indication that they should remain what they are, a quality manufacturer 'mass manufacturer'. I bet they will not try to be a BMW soon. Trust me, VW will also get a slap if they try to act over smart. There is a reason why they have 'luxury band' called Audi. And junta knows that too.

Also, I think makers like Hyundai have increased their 'quality quotient' by a great margin. So, now most people (barring the luxury car customers) buy products (cars) rather than brands, give and take a few!
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 11:36   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting to see this development. For the first time, Honda swollowed its pride and decided to cut it's price of Jazz to such a large extent, this could possibly be a record in India with price cut between 1.25L-1.5L which is unheard of in the industry for hatchback segment

According to me, its a wise and business decision with 1000 crores sitting in the parking lot, it's high pressure situation for Honda India and their top priority now is to clear the stock and recover the investment. And, probably revisit their pricing strategy across the board.

Honda should remember that its not the only valued brand NOW in India.

Gone are those glory days when Honda was considered premium and people use to pay the extra price for it. International brands are rapidly investing and releasing their products with VFM pricing and several engine options and variants. But, no Honda will continue with its petrol engine fixation for a market that is rapidly consuming diesel products due to obvious reasons.

I admire Honda for releasing new products in slightly longer span than their competitors but, they truly are new products and not rehash or engine swapped products. But, the buck stops there. They price it so premium that it's only a Honda fixated customer who can pay those prices especially for a petrol engined car with an equipment list that is laughable at the least.

While I agree that its a bit shocking for Honda to have cut the prices of Jazz to such a large extent and is especially not digestable to existing or recently bought owners but, I dont think its something unexpected. Also I dont understand the bias, If a Hyundai,Ford or Chevy cuts prices, its expected and not even worth discussing but, if it's a Honda, then its brohuaha time

IMO, those days of self patting the back and feeling they are the only premium product in the market is gone. India has matured and customer wants products that are featured adequately and priced competitevly. If you dont adhere to customer demands then be ready to hit the dirt.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 11:45   #123
BHPian

1.75L ex-showroom discount ! Can't believe, even though the car was highly overpriced.

Sad! somebody who took delivery a week ago might be feeling now.

Strange - how much profit Honda used (or still making in some other models) to make on Jazz, cheating the customers.

I think indirectly Vento launch helped Honda to come back to reality.

Am sure other manufacturers will follow with respective discounts/freebies/added features etc.

But this is a very good move, and for any prospective buyer oct-till dec with festive/year end discounts is definitely going to be a fanstastic period for buying a car.

After this surprise, the price looks at par with competition for a very good car.

Wishful thinking - Honda should compensate customers who bought Jazz prior to this price cut with good amount of cash back at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Crystal Honda said they should have confirmed details by later today. The lady was poilte and said that she didnt have any news yet from the biggies there and kindly offered to call me back with an update.

Crystal Honda - 6.57L middle variant (on-road) with option of more discounts depending on how one can bargain. Confirmed.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 12th July 2011 at 11:47.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 11:52   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Wishful thinking - Honda should compensate customers who bought Jazz prior to this price cut with good amount of cash back at least.
Really wishful thinking! I think at the most they would offer some useless discount on their accesories; the ones which they cannot get rid of. I do hope they surprise us though

Quote:
Crystal Honda - 6.57L middle variant (on-road) with option of more discounts depending on how one can bargain. Confirmed.
Wow, I am sure the guy who sold me his Jazz a couple of months ago must be glad!
Old 12th July 2011, 11:53   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumaravelS View Post
I believe this is clearance of stock and stop.
It is undoutbtedly a clearance sale. They are stopping 1.2 Jazz as the engine now dons a new look of Brio. 7.5 Lacs segment will get a new upgraded 1.5 ivtec engine. This all makes sense. I am still unable to digest the fact that my car value collapsed overnight. Seems like a stock market crash.
Old 12th July 2011, 11:56   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

For all those who are thinking of booking a Jazz, or are tempted as hell to book one rightaway (including myself), I suggest to wait and watch at least till the end of the month.

1 - If this is indeed a stockyard clearance sale, it will be evident by this month-end or next month, as other buyers will pass the info about which date of manufacture Jazzes are getting cleared. If its post February-2011, all's well. If not, you know what's going on.

2 - They will not phase out the Jazz so soon, even after the dismal sales charts of the past 18 months or so. The car was launched only in 2009, so the possibility of a facelift and/or an engine upgrade is more stronger than a complete phase-out.

3 - Once all the existing stocks of Jazzes are cleared throughout the country, the new stocks will arrive which will give clearer evidence of features cut or not. Maybe non-alloy steel wheels, only driver Airbags, no ABS on base model, etc. This can only be found out once the new stocks arrive.

4 - Jazz X has been discontinued. Maybe Honda re-thought their strategy of offering gunmetal alloys, foglamps, etc. and decided to stick with the Select and Base versions for a reason. Don't forget that you still have to pay for the kits/accessories, and the Honda people will not budge much for haggling for discounts. The Rs.1/- insurance may continue, but everything else will come at a price, including Extended Warranty and On-Road Assistance.

55K cash discount + Rs.1/- insurance usually added up to about 80K overall discount. Seeing that most places are seeing a 1.5L discount means Honda has added another 70K to the existing offer on the Jazz. I think they were wise in calculating up this 70K difference, and sourcing of critical parts from Indian manufacturers during the past 2-3 months added to this fact. If you ask me, they just made the already available unofficial discounts official, plus added another 70K in to recover costs and make up for the difference in sales. If you look at it from this angle, 1.5L discount doesn't seem that big as someone would think.

Already, some buyers of the past 6 months are discussing the possibility of suing Honda for this, but are deterring from it because of the disclaimer which states that the company has the right to revise prices at its discretion.

There is also the yet-to-be-announced official announcement from Honda regarding this huge move.

Best thing to do for now - wait and watch. I know this offer is really drool-worthy and salivating, but it's best to not give into temptation and see what the coming weeks unfold.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 12th July 2011 at 12:04.
Old 12th July 2011, 11:58   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On 3rd July 2011, 10 days ago, the quote for middle varient on road was 7,50,000 including all discounts. This will give the bargainer some idea how much further to bring down the price to!

I think in festive seasons, middle variant can/should come to 6-6.25L on road Pune.
Old 12th July 2011, 12:05   #128
BHPian

This is basically because of a new model getting launched in a few weeks(to my surprise). The new model will have same engine spec but has a auto Transmission. The changes will be not too apparent but this will have a auto folding mirrors and LED tail lamps. As told by Sales person, there are only 300 Odd Jazz's in company and they are clearing now.
Old 12th July 2011, 12:09   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
On 3rd July 2011, 10 days ago, the quote for middle varient on road was 7,50,000 including all discounts. This will give the bargainer some idea how much further to bring down the price to!

I think in festive seasons, middle variant can/should come to 6-6.25L on road Pune.
I am not sure about Thane, in Pune the middle variant with some discounts was 7.72 L on road last week. And today it has come down to 6.57 L on road + some more if we can bargain.

Looking at Thane price of 7.5L on-road prior to price-cut one can expect a bit more already.

Whats coming ...

Added features in liva ?
i20 price cut ?
Improved fit-n-finish in New Swift ?
Free 3yrs AMC as standard in Polo 1.2 ?
Old 12th July 2011, 12:11   #130
Senior - BHPian

This reminds me of HH Karizma price drop of Rs. 10,000 overnight. However this was done in initial months only. As far as I know, no clear quality changes were done in costlier and cheaper versions. The first buyers suffered, but the bike sales picked up like anything, and it still sells in huge number despite of being a 8 year old product.

I think Honda is repeating history here. In any case, this is the 'prospective' buyers' win, and existing ones' loss. Hopefully, like Apple did for their price reduction of iPhone, Honda will compensate the existing buyers of say past x months by some freebies/coupons.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 12:20   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Yes it's true, and I have confirmed it from my local Honda dealer.

Base model - (Previous Price) 7,45,000 <---> (Revised Price) 5,87,500

Select model - (Previous Price) 7,56,500 <---> (Revised Price) 5,99,000

X model - (Previous Price) 7,88,500 <---> (Revised Price) 6,31,000

All prices ex-showroom, in CG. No official announcement has been done by Honda regarding this price cut as of yet.

The Select's price comes to 6.7L OTR, and it's a steal now!
Just had a conversation with Elegant Honda in Ambala. They sales rep there said that this scheme is only valid for CSD. Has anyone heard about this?
Old 12th July 2011, 12:21   #132
BHPian

Brilliant Honda! Shape of things to come?

I am seriously re considering my new 2011 swift purchase now!

A Honda, that too Jazz!!! Thanks a lot Honda!!
Old 12th July 2011, 12:32   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
This is basically because of a new model getting launched in a few weeks(to my surprise). The new model will have same engine spec but has a auto Transmission. The changes will be not too apparent but this will have a auto folding mirrors and LED tail lamps. As told by Sales person, there are only 300 Odd Jazz's in company and they are clearing now.
Ashok - where did you get this info from (the A/T)? Is it from the salesman or from somewhere else? Would you be having some link to share for us to check it out?
Old 12th July 2011, 12:34   #134
BHPian

Just spoke to the sales executive at Costal Honda Goa, Offer me the Jazz Select for 6.27 OTR, and if i book with this week, Free anti rust treatment, & 50% discount on insurance if i take it through the dealer.

Brilliant move honda.!!!!

There is a Nov 2010 select model as well, for which the offer is Free road Tax + Insurance+ Some basic accessories, works out to something like 5.80 after all discounts... Hows the deal guys, i normally would keep the car for 4-5 yrs..??

Last edited by Ravenblood : 12th July 2011 at 12:49.
Old 12th July 2011, 12:46   #135
BHPian

Got an confirmation mail from Sundaram Motors regarding the price slash upto 1.75L. Hurray!!!

Should I wait till this month end or go ahead and book it? Advice guys.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks