Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 12:56   #136
BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Ashok - where did you get this info from (the A/T)? Is it from the salesman or from somewhere else? Would you be having some link to share for us to check it out?
Got it from Salesman. That may be true as new models are expected sometime in the month of Sep.
Old 12th July 2011, 13:15   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

An update - The Rs.1/- insurance is no longer available for the Jazz after this price-cut. Honda Insurance should come to around 17-18K.

Warranty of 2 years stands. Roadside Assistance is a paid affair from now on, so is Extended Warranty.

Please check with your local dealerships.
Old 12th July 2011, 13:20   #138
Senior - BHPian

My guess on what the actual market impact would be for this launch:

1. i20: the i20 petrol would be a major impacted car owing to this launch.
2. VW Polo
3. Top end of i10

Cars unaffected by this price reduction
1. Ford Figo: Petrol was never its strength so dont think it will be affected
2. Maruti Swift: I am guessing those who already decided to buy Swift are buying it cos they are skeptical of the new entrants(Ford VW and Jazz) that being the case dont think they will deviate from Swift even for this price reduction.
3. Liva: Both cars offer almost same stuff dont think anyone will move from Liva to Jazz owing to reduction in price.

Your opinion on market impacts?
Old 12th July 2011, 13:20   #139
Senior - BHPian

Just checked with a dealer on the Jazz’s price cut, as per him it was like a one day clearance sale as all the dealers were stuck with some old inventory. At present all the leftover inventory is sold off and they are not taking any new bookings.

As per the sales guy Honda will come up with some modification and re launch the product in some time. I think they will down size the equipment level and come up with a basic variant with some price cuts like Fabia did some time back.
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 13:27   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Just checked with a dealer on the Jazz’s price cut, as per him it was like a one day clearance sale as all the dealers were stuck with some old inventory. At present all the leftover inventory is sold off and they are not taking any new bookings.

As per the sales guy Honda will come up with some modification and re launch the product in some time. I think they will down size the equipment level and come up with a basic variant with some price cuts like Fabia did some time back.
That is correct.
I spoke to the CRM guy at the dealership.

This is a clearance sale and not a price reduction. That is why there will not be any official communication from Honda in this regard.

Basically, Jazz will undergo a minor facelift along with a rejig of the different versions with some addition/deletion of features etc. Before that, they want to clear up the old inventory.

So, there is no time period fixed for this offer. It is till stocks last.

I think this might be the truth ..seems reasonable to me.
So, whoever was thinking about buying Jazz, should rush to the dealers quickly.

Let us see if there is any official communication from Honda. But I believe it would have come by now if they had to make any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
This is basically because of a new model getting launched in a few weeks(to my surprise). The new model will have same engine spec but has a auto Transmission. The changes will be not too apparent but this will have a auto folding mirrors and LED tail lamps. As told by Sales person, there are only 300 Odd Jazz's in company and they are clearing now.
According to the CRM guy, the number of Jazz available for the sale is around 700 and it should be over in a day or two.
Let us see how the story unfolds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
An update - The Rs.1/- insurance is no longer available for the Jazz after this price-cut. Honda Insurance should come to around 17-18K.

Warranty of 2 years stands. Roadside Assistance is a paid affair from now on, so is Extended Warranty.

Please check with your local dealerships.
At last, something to cheer up for the existing customers. We at least have the 4 years warranty + roadside assistance.
But, that is indeed a very minor consolidation

Last edited by adimicra : 12th July 2011 at 13:32.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 13:30   #141
Senior - BHPian

This should definitely bump the monthly sales in the short terms. Long term we will have to wait and watch, also depending how long there stocks last.

But i feel sorry for the recent buyers who would have shelved significantly extra amounts for the same models. free insurance and other discounts would have not helped but wouldnt amount to this huge a difference.
Old 12th July 2011, 13:39   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
That is correct. I spoke to the CRM guy at the dealership.

This is a clearance sale and not a price reduction. That is why there will not be any official communication from Honda in this regard.
Well, if it is a clearance sale these should be termed as discounts/ cash offers and not as price cuts. At least in this case, we could expect the prices for the Jazz to remain at earlier levels and this would then not have negative impact on the resale value for existing owners.

I guess anyone looking to buy a 1.2 L Jazz: the time is now. Any other features that would be added can also be done in the aftermarket. Unless one is really waiting for the 1.5L mill, it makes sense to buy from existing stock, though this may be manufactured in last year. Please ensure detailed PDI & if used as a TD vehicle, etc.

In the meanwhile, I have put in a complaint on the Honda service feedback form online. Lets see what they respond with

The least they could have done was to keep people well informed, at least the existing owners! On second thoughts, I had received a call for 'extended' feedback from Honda a few days ago. I had last serviced the car a couple of months ago and already provided my feedback. Unfortunately I could speak only for a few seconds as I had to attend a meeting. I wonder if they called to say something: highly unlikely as other owners would have been called too then?

@adimicra, did you hear anything before this?
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 13:49   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

Basically, Jazz will undergo a minor facelift along with a rejig of the different versions with some addition/deletion of features etc. Before that, they want to clear up the old inventory.

So, there is no time period fixed for this offer. It is till stocks last.

I think this might be the truth ..seems reasonable to me.
I guess this is the right ploy from Honda – if they are doing a clearance, it has to be on a reduced price right?
And I strongly feel that the Jazz will re-emerge with the 1.5 motor, with the original pricing. Hope they don’t tinker with the build quality (use of lighter steel etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra
At last, something to cheer up for the existing customers. We at least have the 4 years warranty + roadside assistance.
But, that is indeed a very minor consolidation
I don’t think the existing customers should be worried that much. Official price cut can be demeaning for the product, but that is not the case here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Well, if it is a clearance sale these should be termed as discounts/ cash offers and not as price cuts. At least in this case, we could expect the prices for the Jazz to remain at earlier levels and this would then not have negative impact on the resale value for existing owners.
You sound like a relieved man now. Good to see that

Last edited by vb-saan : 12th July 2011 at 13:52. Reason: Extra quote added
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 13:52   #144
BHPian

Anyone have any idea what the scene in bangalore is? I called dakshin honda and they said yes there is a price cut. No base but jazz select its now 7.5 on road, down from 8.97. No cars in stock, he said it will take 10 days. I asked if this is valid on new orders and he said yes.

Then called whitefield honda and the lady said yes there is a price cut but only for existing inventory. They have no more stock. And the price mentioned by her was 7.99 on road.

Will call up magnum and see what they say
Old 12th July 2011, 14:00   #145
BHPian

Whoa. What's happening to Honda? A 1.75L price cut is fanta-bulous. The Jazz should have been sold at these prices right from Day 1. Though its late, this will help sales charts of the Jazz to 4 digit figures hopefully. The new prices are competitive. I hope none of the existing features have been left out.

Long live the competition! Does this mean a 1.5L Jazz is expected soon at the older prices of the current Jazz?

The Civic is next in line I guess.
Old 12th July 2011, 14:01   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I don’t think the existing customers should be worried that much. Official price cut can be demeaning for the product, but that is not the case here.
You sound like a relieved man now. Good to see that
Yes buddy, I am frantically clutching at straws here! I need some ammunition to defend my Jazz buying decision.
The wife was pretty nonchalant about the news as she is happy with the car but the inlaws are bound to visit this evening.

Last edited by selfdrive : 12th July 2011 at 14:02.
Old 12th July 2011, 14:09   #147
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Yes it's true, and I have confirmed it from my local Honda dealer.

Base model - (Previous Price) 7,45,000 <---> (Revised Price) 5,87,500

Select model - (Previous Price) 7,56,500 <---> (Revised Price) 5,99,000

X model - (Previous Price) 7,88,500 <---> (Revised Price) 6,31,000

All prices ex-showroom, in CG. No official announcement has been done by Honda regarding this price cut as of yet.

The Select's price comes to 6.7L OTR, and it's a steal now!
Thats like a discount of 24% - 27%.
But i bet its all early 2010 manufactured cars.
Hope we get lots of Jazz ownership threads from this month onwards.
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 14:13   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Thats like a discount of 24% - 27%.
But i bet its all early 2010 manufactured cars.
Hope we get lots of Jazz ownership threads from this month onwards.
Did you mean early 2011? Considering that its still early July, that shouldn't really be an issue.
Old 12th July 2011, 14:15   #149
BANNED

^^ No, i mean 2010 early manufactured models (January - June)

Last edited by wildon : 12th July 2011 at 14:17.
Old 12th July 2011, 14:15   #150
BHPian

Now the cost in BANGALORE ( from Honda Site ).
Jazz : Rs. 739,300
Jazz Select Edition : Rs. 750,900
Jazz X : Rs. 782,900 (including standard kit)

On Road, Bangalore ( when I bought it )
Jazz 1.2 MT 7,34,470.00 1,20,608.00 21,231.00 8,76,309.00
Jazz 1.2 MT Select 7,44,560.00 1,22,162.00 21,513.00 8,88,235.00

I got the deal in 8.08L ( + road side assistance etc ). I am not sure how much I lost? I guess around 50K.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks