Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 18:35   #196
BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

adimicra, this makes it all the more confusing! 5 months inventory, why? Even if just for the sake of keeping the assembly line moving, it still is a huge over-utilization. I am clueless, I give up
Old 12th July 2011, 18:38   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212
That is huge cut in prices.
Don't know whether someone mentioned before, but 13 pages of posts after the 1st one which was posted only yesterday at 20:xx. Not even 24 hrs, and so much of excitement for this car.
With 1.5 L cut, has Honda dug the grave for new Swift before it is even born?
Now i20, Swift,Polo, Figo etc are going to have a real tough time. God save them.
I am not at all a Honda fan boy(because of the dealers' arrogance) but can't ignore the fact that they produce high quality vehicles
Swift will be a new model, whereas going by reports Jazz will be an obsolete model. How will Jazz dig Swift's grave?
Old 12th July 2011, 18:43   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Swift will be a new model, whereas going by reports Jazz will be an obsolete model. How will Jazz dig Swift's grave?
Jazz an obsolete model? How? It will be launched with minor facelift and correct pricing. Honda is not discontinuing Jazz.

PS -
Jazz is superior product over others in the segment without any doubt.

Last edited by bluevolt : 12th July 2011 at 18:45.
Old 12th July 2011, 18:44   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra

Hey Abhi,
Thanks mate...I knew Jazz was overpriced at the quote price. But discounts were already there to the tune of 75 to 85K, when I bought. At that price, it seemed reasonable to me. (may be 20K or so more overpriced), but mine, like other Jazz owners, was a decision from the heart and not from the head.

But I could never imagine that they can reduce the prices by 1L more.

From a business point of view, it might make sense in the short term, but am not so sure in the long run.
When they launch their next car, will people buy it? They know that Honda can reduce prices by ~25% if the car doesn't sell well. Unless Honda prices their next launch extremely competitively (read undercut some of the rivals), I don't think many people will be in a hurry to put their money on a Honda.

For me, well, I had almost decided that Civic will be my next upgrade. But after all this pricing fiasco, I am not so sure.
@ Adimicra, I understand that by slashing the price by almost 1 L, Honda has taken a risk with existing Jazz customers. But, if you think, how many Jazz they have sold? This is a calculated business decision. Jazz was overpriced from day 1 and it is a different story that you felt that it was overpriced by 20 - 30 k but general public thought otherwise.

Anyway, if you are upgrading to Civic, you might want to hold on for some time as Civic is not performing well either and there may be some price cut in near future.

BUT, as far as new products are considered, I don't think Honda will repeat the same mistake. I am pretty sure new products will be launched at competitive price from day 1.
Old 12th July 2011, 18:47   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

Jazz an obsolete model? How? It will be launched with minor facelift and correct pricing. Honda is not discontinuing Jazz.
Apologies. I meant the models with price cut will not be produced once the current stock gets over right. So how will that prove to be a swift killer which is coming only in August?
Old 12th July 2011, 18:48   #201
BHPian

Mods,
Please delete if someone has already posted the below link.
Honda Jazz price cut by a mind numbing 1.75 Lakh Rupees! | IndianCarsBikes.in

This has quite a detail
Old 12th July 2011, 18:54   #202
BHPian

Just called Magnum and Dakshin.
Magnum quoted 6.1 ex-showroom for the Base model + Insurance free + club mahindra 15k coupon.
Dakshin quoted 6.2 for the Select ex-showroom, (7.5 on road)

Strangely they claim the do not have a SINGLE Jazz in STOCK. The guy at DAKSHIN says due to the launch of the BRIO the next batch will be out only in 2 months. 50k booking amt. But he said the 'discount' could vary if a refreshed Jazz came out.
:(
Old 12th July 2011, 19:00   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Pats, we all share the same feelings but I don't know if we can do anything. The manufacturer is free to cut prices as they wish. So, we really can't demand anything from them. They know how we all will be feeling and they have taken the decision knowing that. So, I don't expect them to give any sort of compensation.

I guess we need to swallow the bitter pill and move on...
adi: Maybe we could get some freebies like free USB or something?
Old 12th July 2011, 19:01   #204
BHPian

Just spoke to Hallmark Honda, Thane. They have quoted 678711 on road price Mumbai for Honda Jazz select Model, March 2011 manufactured. I think this is a good price. Planning to visit the showroom tomorrow and may be seal the deal. Have asked for corporate discount as well if possible. All models they have are 2011 manufactured.
Old 12th July 2011, 19:19   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Will Civic be the next in line?
I cetrainly hope so, Anyone having any information on the same, please share.

Best - ML.
Old 12th July 2011, 19:30   #206
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure why the cut has been quoted as 1.75L. The select version was selling for 7.7L in chennai, now its moved to 6.8L. About a lakh roughly off. Really dont care since I am not selling anytime soon. Moreover I knew the cars resale will be low. But thats atleast 5 years away.

The car is amazing, so nothing really to worry, just enjoy your car. I feel the real losers are buyers who got the i20 at the current price. They lost a chance to get a much better car.
mail4ajo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 19:31   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biyer View Post
When Jazz was launched in India, Honda's production/sales target was 20,000 cars a month.
Did you mean to say 20K cars in a year ? 20,000 cars a month is way too optimistic for a car in that price range / segment.

Off-topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooney View Post
Dude, where would Honda stock all the cars being produced since 1-1.5 years as you mentioned!? That would be inventory management nightmare!
I guess it happens some times with certain models. I remember seeing a similar sale for Scorpio with 1L discounts and there were some really old models in the list [A/T, 4x4 etc].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
I cetrainly hope so, Anyone having any information on the same, please share.
Regarding Civic, it might happen as the next Gen Civic is due and might be launched in Oct / Nov. So there are two ways of doing it. They might offer some good discounts for clearance. They might introduce the new Civic at a lower price when they launch. We have seen some launches at a reduced price than the outgoing model [VW?].

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 12th July 2011 at 19:33.
Old 12th July 2011, 19:54   #208
BHPian

This is great news indeed. We have a 7 year old WagonR and a 3 year old Getz, and have been thinking of selling the WagonR and getting something new, either an entry-level sedan or a top-level hatch. We have been considering a lot of cars (although have not really started test-driving), and now with this price-cut on the Jazz, a new avenue has opened for us, and perhaps for many others who are in the same boat.

I like the Jazz driver's seating position almost perfect (better than ANHC in my view) with great visibility. Among the three variants, which one's the value for money?

Last edited by asitkde : 12th July 2011 at 20:06.
Old 12th July 2011, 20:11   #209
BHPian

Great news! I hope this is a genuine price correction rather than a stock clearance. Honda was over ambitious with the pricing to start with which is why they sold very few of these. Otherwise it's a brilliant hatchback. If I were to be shopping for a hatchback around 5-6 L I would try to extend my budget and buy the Jazz.

Last edited by CBlazer : 12th July 2011 at 20:12.
Old 12th July 2011, 20:41   #210
Senior - BHPian

jazz facelift to be launched in coming weeks.
sidindica is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks