Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 20:45   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
jazz facelift to be launched in coming weeks.

any specs leak Sid? is an AT planned? are they bringing in the 1.5L motor?
Old 12th July 2011, 20:48   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
jazz facelift to be launched in coming weeks.
@Sid any news of Auto Tranny in facelift ?
Old 12th July 2011, 20:48   #213
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
The car is amazing, so nothing really to worry, just enjoy your car. I feel the real losers are buyers who got the i20 at the current price. They lost a chance to get a much better car.
For your information i20's price is increased from year 2009 to 2011. So in case if Hyundai do slash the prices the early birds wont feel much pinch like the Jazz owners having/going to have now.

PS: Sorry i'm not a Fanboy
Old 12th July 2011, 21:04   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
any specs leak Sid? is an AT planned? are they bringing in the 1.5L motor?
If it's anything like this - SCOOP! Honda Jazz facelift spied | Autocar India, then I will be first in line.
Old 12th July 2011, 21:13   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats
As an existing Jazz owner i feel cheated by Honda. Slashing prices by 1.5 lacs is a slap on the face of existing owners who have bought it at much higher prices.

All existing owners should start a campaign against Honda and demand compensation. I am game for it.
I don't know about you guys. I have shot a strong mail expressing my displeasure to their customer service. Let me clarify I don't expect any action though. My opinion is all jazz owners should.
Old 12th July 2011, 21:21   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
I don't know about you guys. I have shot a strong mail expressing my displeasure to their customer service. Let me clarify I don't expect any action though. My opinion is all jazz owners should.
Well, no harm in doing that.
Can you share the email id? This is the least we can do and should do IMO.

I too dont expect any action
Old 12th July 2011, 21:29   #217
BHPian

I am not sure if I can share the customer service email in public. Don't want it to be like a vodafone. However, if you need I will PM you. My suggestion is to mark it in Honda site itself.
Old 12th July 2011, 22:07   #218
BHPian

wow.. i was looking to upgrade from my Santro to another small car ... preferably another hatch... now since my usage is really low(10k kms in 4 yrs) i would prefer a pre-owned jazz, what would be the impact of this price cut on the pre-owned market, say for a 2009 25k kms done Jazz?
Old 12th July 2011, 22:30   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Did you mean to say 20K cars in a year ? 20,000 cars a month is way too optimistic for a car in that price range / segment.
You are right- that was typo. It shd have been 20k/year instead of a month.This was based on the initial news info and when the rajasthan plant became "live". There have been various reports attributing about 1600 to 2000 cars production target for a month. This theory also is supported by their initial sales target of about 20000 cars a year.

There have also been a couple of PMs to me on asking about the source of the ppt I had referenced earlier. The links have been mangled in my recent post. So here is the source again and my vest guess about where that ppt comes from:

http://docs.docstoc.com/orig/1051572...77692fb87.pptx

New Honda Jazz Product And Brand Management Presentation Document Watch And Download 2011-12 - ExattoSoft.com

Looking at various aspects of these presentations, I believe these to be work product of marketing/mba students who were taken in for an MBA project at Honda Siel during 2008-2009. They have been fed some authentic data but the style and substance indicate it was presented by students.
Old 12th July 2011, 22:42   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katpasin View Post
wow.. i was looking to upgrade from my Santro to another small car ... preferably another hatch... now since my usage is really low(10k kms in 4 yrs) i would prefer a pre-owned jazz, what would be the impact of this price cut on the pre-owned market, say for a 2009 25k kms done Jazz?
My recommendation is to buy a new one as the old owners would not be willing to sell it at a lower price. Additionally, the demand for the Jazz would spur in the market and many people like you would look for a second hand jazz too in some time. So buy it and use it for 1-2 years and sell at minimum depreciation.

I know some of you might think that I am saying some stupidity. Only time can tell whether it was really stupid or not. I do not want to trigger an argument here. .
Old 12th July 2011, 22:55   #221
Senior - BHPian

So, after the day long drama, it seems this is a clearance sale before the facelift-ed Jazz makes its way.

Some questions -
Is the discount available on the dealer stocks only?
Has Honda stopped the production of existing Jazz?
When the facelift is expected?
What are the number of variants and features?
Any other changes?
Last, but not the least, what will be the price?

My guess is -
Facelift will be within a month or two.
The lower priced variant will have less features than the current Base model and will be priced at 6L ex-showroom.
The top variant will have more features than the current Select model and priced around 6.5L to 6.75 L ex-showroom.
I expect 2 or max 3 variants.
Also, Jazz 1.5 will not come in the near future.

All, this is just an educated guess.
We need the Scoopmaster to get the actual news. Common Sid. where are you?

Last edited by adimicra : 12th July 2011 at 22:56.
Old 12th July 2011, 23:35   #222

OK, n00b post so please ignore if I say something wrong :(.

I test drove the Jazz around 2 months back and fell in love with the overall feel of the car and the awesome Audio system . But the stupid dealer at that time was quoting me Rs.9 Lakhs (I think it was the Jazz X). The salesman was like "Why dont you go for a city instead?" and was trying to push a city on me saying that it was only a lakh costlier but somehow I just loved the look and feel of Jazz but didnt feel that it was VFM so didnt buy it at that time.

I have been keeping track of the Jazz however and like everyone on the forum I am a little curious about the current situation with the Jazz. Does it make sense to haggle and buy a Jazz now or to wait for some more time and wait for a new and Improved Jazz (IN CASE it comes with a more powerful engine)?

Secondly, I could not see the front of the car (I am 6 feet) when I was driving the Jazz. Current Jazz owners, isnt that a problem considering there is no driver seat height adjustment either? I personally prefer that I be able to see the front of the car when I am driving but thats just me .

Excited and confused about the buzz around the Jazz!!

Last edited by aah78 : 13th July 2011 at 06:31. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
Old 12th July 2011, 23:37   #223
BHPian

Q: how is this going to impact the equipment level and quality of jazz? are we looking at a fabia-ish story?
Old 12th July 2011, 23:45   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr View Post
Q: how is this going to impact the equipment level and quality of jazz? are we looking at a fabia-ish story?
It will not going to impact the equipment level and quality of the car. Honda was over charging for these features in past and now they are correcting the prices. In other words they were making big profits albeit low sales. Quality was never an issue with Honda, price was. I sincerely hope Honda maintains quality and reliability of its products after such massive price reduction for both ANHC and jazz (others to follow as well).
Old 12th July 2011, 23:51   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Facelift will be within a month or two.
The lower priced variant will have less features than the current Base model and will be priced at 6L ex-showroom.
The top variant will have more features than the current Select model and priced around 6.5L to 6.75 L ex-showroom.
I expect 2 or max 3 variants.
Also, Jazz 1.5 will not come in the near future.
Phew - what a day!

You are pretty spot on I would think, except that if the facelift was 2 months away, then there shouldnt be so much rush to clear these in such a hurry unless they have loads.. But looks like BLR dealers have already cleared their stock! I think the facelift is just around the corner, and they will re-spec it for sure.
Given they want to sell 2000 units a month, it should be possible within 6 - 6.99 range and 3 models to choose from. But base model should come with air-bags if not ABS.

Imagine - 6L base price with no air-bags/ABS. Its actually a non-starter - I would rather go with i20 Asta which is under 6L ex-showroom.. i20 sports cuts it too and is at 5.5L ex-showroom!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks