Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 12:44   #256
BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Just spoke to the the sales person at Platinum Honda Meerut , he said no stocks left with them and on inquiring him further that from where we can get it he told that yesterday about 125 to 150 Jazz were sold in NCR and a New Jazz is expected next month .
Old 13th July 2011, 12:46   #257
BHPian

Re: Booked Mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuj_G View Post
Hi All,

Well the offer was for real....effective cash discount came to Rs. 1.6 Lakhs. so on road price in Gurgaon (with insurance, registration etc) comes to 6.3 Lakhs which i think is a steal.

Cheers!
Anuj.
Congrats on getting the most vfm petrol hatchback at that price-point in the current scenario.It surely is a steal.Please share the breakup of the 6.3 lakhs OTR price for the Select variant.I am guessing that the cheaper registration charges also have a role to play in bringing the price down so substantially.Cheers.
Old 13th July 2011, 12:47   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by biyer View Post
Assumptions are ok, but assuming your assumptions to be true enough to become convictions are for frivolous fools!

You might want to read your signature once in a while.
It isnt meant for me. But I am so glad you took the time out to read it.
Old 13th July 2011, 12:48   #259
Team-BHP Support

Cyrus, Biyer, both of you have expressed your opinions. Let's leave it that and move on with the discussion i.e. Jazz price cuts.

ps:any further posts against each other will be deleted.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 12:52   #260
Team-BHP Support

Friends, I am not a moderator, but I would like to request you to refrain from going personal.

And what is there to discuss so much? Has Honda announced an official price cut? It was mentioned in the new car price thread that the Mercedes C-Class is now going with a discount close to 9 lakhs, which is around 30% discount from the original price. And the reason – to give way to the face lifted C. You will pretty soon see some similar discounts on the BMW 3. This is a common market practice, and why single out Honda?

For me, the Honda did a price correction for City, but this looks like a genuine case of stock clearance. And since the sales was so poor (maybe much lower than the forecast), they will have quite a lot to clear as well.

Thank you
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 13:48   #261
Senior - BHPian

If I were Honda MD, then after seeing the interest being garnered for the reduced price Jazz I would surely be happy, provided I am making some profit despite the price cut.

In fact I would go a step ahead and continue selling Jazz at this price and name it "Jazz Classic" similar to "Fiesta classic". Of course stip few stuff to keep current customers happy.
I know its a gamble that I would loose loyalty of current customers. But this can also mean adding 4-5k customers a month. So its a sureshot success.

As far as the facelift version goes. I will just name it Jazz, and place is at its current cost levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
With the price cuts, Jazz may have good nos. in this month's sales chart. However it may end up as just a blip. I don't think Honda is still ready for a comprehensive price correction across the board. Still civic, accord and cr-v are priced much more than they should be.
The sales figures quoted in our site is just the billings from Manufacturer to Dealer, going by the way this looks like an offer to enable dealers clear thier stock. So this sales figures will not impact the sales figures in anyway for Jul 2011.

OT: By Cyrus and Biyer: I understand there is some miscommunication between you guys thats why we keep seeing recurring post.
Reqest you not the hijack the thread by your comments. Sorry if that was too much to ask.
xingamazon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 13:50   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Just though I'd share with the group that I booked the Select Variant...

so on road price in Gurgaon (with insurance, registration etc) comes to 6.3 Lakhs which i think is a steal...
Anuj,
Can you please share the price break up, need to know what is the ex-shoroom & insurance costs.

Thanks in advance!
Old 13th July 2011, 14:08   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
Anuj,
Can you please share the price break up, need to know what is the ex-shoroom & insurance costs.

Thanks in advance!
@Selective, Octane1002: Dont have the details with me right now but will share them later. Basically everything remains the same i.e. Ex showroom price, insurance, Registration etc. From the total amount 1.6 gets deducted as a cash discount from the dealer.

Also the 6.33 includes under body rust treatment and Teflon coating which costs about 7,500.

Will share exact breakup later tonight

Anuj

Ps: Stocks seem very limited as i could only choose from a few colour options. So you might want to hurry
Old 13th July 2011, 15:03   #264
BHPian

Just returned from Capital Honda, Chennai. No more Jazz's available with them. So has to return back.
Old 13th July 2011, 15:11   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
Anuj,

Thanks in advance!
Quote:
@Selective, Octane1002: Dont have the details with me right now but will share them later. Basically everything remains the same i.e. Ex showroom price, insurance, Registration etc. From the total amount 1.6 gets deducted as a cash discount from the dealer.

Also the 6.33 includes under body rust treatment and Teflon coating which costs about 7,500.

Will share exact breakup later tonight

For the benefit of all those prospecting for this "Cash Discount" Jazzes from their respective local dealers, here is the quotation I got from my local dealer at noon yesterday, which I posted earlier in this thread -

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I just received email from the ASM of Shubh Honda, with his quotation.

He called me about an hour back and said he was quoting the same price and everything else as it was before the price-cut, and was going to mention this "price-cut" as a separate discount.

He said that Honda top-level honchos have instructed him to do any/all quotations in this manner, and he has to mention it as special cash discount, because Honda will not announce this officially as a price cut at any given time.

Very interesting, I must say. Here is his quotation to me -

Model - 1.2 Jazz Select
Ex-showroom - 7,56,500/-
Logistic Charges - 4,500/- (not sure what this is...transportation?)
Comprehensive Insurance - 18,000/-
Road Tax Registration - NA (I told him I will get it registered at Jdp)
Outstation Registration - 1,000/- (extra)

On-Road Price - 7,80,000/-
Special Cash Discount - 1,57,500/-
Final Price - 6,22,500/-

The RT should come to around 42K, so the car will cost me 6.66L OTR, in the end.
I hope it helps, to give you all prospective buyers an idea of the Jazz "Cash Discount".

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th July 2011 at 15:14.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 15:22   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope it helps, to give you all prospective buyers an idea of the Jazz "Cash Discount".
Cash discount is 1.75 lakhs right, not 1.57?
Old 13th July 2011, 15:26   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Cash discount is 1.75 lakhs right, not 1.57?
I think 1.75L might be for the Base variant. They quoted me 1.575L for the Select.

Since Honda has left it at dealer discretion, it might be different with different dealers across India. Raipur has only one Honda dealer, and that's his offer.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th July 2011 at 15:33.
Old 13th July 2011, 15:43   #268
BHPian

Quote:
I think 1.75L might be for the Base variant. They quoted me 1.575L for the Select.

Since Honda has left it at dealer discretion, it might be different with different dealers across India. Raipur has only one Honda dealer, and that's his offer.
RavenAvi : Is it possible that they reduced the cash discount since you wanted to get the registration done yourself? Typically dealers have a cut here too and they may have passed on more discount if you were to get the registration done through them.

Did you check for the discount first and then tell them about self registration or did you tell them upfront?

and yes, the discounts seem to vary from dealer to dealer.

Cheers
Uday
Old 13th July 2011, 15:52   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
RavenAvi : Is it possible that they reduced the cash discount since you wanted to get the registration done yourself? Typically dealers have a cut here too and they may have passed on more discount if you were to get the registration done through them.

Did you check for the discount first and then tell them about self registration or did you tell them upfront?

and yes, the discounts seem to vary from dealer to dealer.

Cheers
Uday
Nope, they offered me the discount of 1,57,500/- first, when they called me in the morning and said that the existing price of 7,56,500/- will be offered to me through Special Cash Discount at 5,99,000/-.

I told them later during noon (when the SP called me to ask my email ID and what all he should mention in his quotation) that I would get it registered at my home city and they replied that they will get temporary registration done and charge me 1000/- extra for that, as shown under "Outstation Registration" in their quotation.

I think this deal varies between models - Base might have more cash discount than Select, although my initial enquiry of the revised "Cash Discount" prices (as posted in the beginning of this thread) indicate otherwise.

There is a good chance it might be dealer-based, IMO. I cannot confirm that though.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th July 2011 at 15:58.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 16:11   #270
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Well, IMHO there is no reason i feel for anyone to complain who has bought the previous model. Though feeling a little disappointed is expected, but why crib against honda? Those who got it earlier, got a car at the market price at THAT moment, they felt that the rupee value they gave was worth the machinery they got! Only problem maybe that someone who bought it LAST month( or up to 4-5 months back) would feel horrible, cause its too early for them to see a cut of 90K on what they just paid for.
Anyways, better to wait and see if the new jazz is priced same, that will decide really whats honda's strategy on this car.
mkh is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks