Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 21:51   #286
BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
The sales figures quoted in our site is just the billings from Manufacturer to Dealer, going by the way this looks like an offer to enable dealers clear thier stock. So this sales figures will not impact the sales figures in anyway for Jul 2011.
If this is indeed stock clearance, then the company would also be interested in pushing all the older models along with dealer inventory.

Moreover looking at the jazz nos. every month I don't think there will be lot of stock at the dealers which would be worth clearing through a fire sale like this.

So we'll see how the numbers turn out next month.
Old 13th July 2011, 22:00   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
+100 IMHO Honda should be reducing the ex-showroom price. Heck why should we be paying extra taxes. Honda doesn't lose anything plus gets the customer's goodwill.

Cheers
I believe they cant do that as the VAT would be already paid at the old prices, given these cars are March/April stock. So they cant touch ex-showroom prices would be my guess. So this is a "clearance sale" with 20% or so, discounted.. In any case, lets not crib. 1.75 laks is a lot - why bother which bucket it comes from? STOP whining!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I dont understand the fuss over this price reduction. Yes, it gives a little heartburn. But when you enjoy your car, who cares too much?? Imagine you brought a i20 for 7.7L and have problems from day one.

In my 4000kms+, I am extremely happy with the car. I was fully aware that the car is over priced and will be expensive to maintain over my Alto. I was also expecting a price correction at some point or worst stop of sales due to low volumes. I drove the car in Thailand and knew it was under featured too.

I brought Jazz for the practicality, cabin space, refinement, quality interiors and the Honda owner snob value.
Absolutely! The best response on this thread - 5*!!!

Lets put an end on this discussion.. Those getting the Jazz at reduced prices, Congratulations! Your karma is good!!

Look forward to the new feature-rich Jazz with clearance prices

Last edited by Equus : 13th July 2011 at 22:08.
Equus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 22:29   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Absolutely! The best response on this thread - 5*!!!

Lets put an end on this discussion..
TOTALLY AGREE !! I was so happy to see this post and extremely happy that a Jazz owner put this across !

Anyone who bought Jazz undoubtedly bought it with their heart! So enjoy the car and put everything else to rest.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 22:52   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
TOTALLY AGREE !! I was so happy to see this post and extremely happy that a Jazz owner put this across !

+1

Anyone who bought Jazz undoubtedly bought it with their heart! So enjoy the car and put everything else to rest.
Totally agree. I have already put it behind me and I am sure others have too. Let us revv the IVTEC and enjoy our beauties.

We do not want any false sympathies for sure.
Many might laugh at us saying that we are big fools and 'look, we had told you so ..' kind of stuff.... My suggestion is just to ignore them and move on.
There are bigger things to worry about in our lives.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 23:06   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I dont understand the fuss over this price reduction.
Imagine this, you bought the car at the previous price say 2 months back on a car loan. Depending on the interest rate and term it could take few months or a year before you pay off the now discounted 1.75 lakhs. My friend has done exactly that and now cribbing about what has happened.
Old 13th July 2011, 23:09   #291
BHPian

Oh come on guys!!

We all do respect all you Jazz owners for thinking out of the box and going with your heart, insead of the mind!!

Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 23:09   #292
BHPian

I had my wife call up a Honda dealer in Kolkata (I am in the US now on a business trip). The dealer told her that there is only one Jazz (a red Select) available with him, and the price is 7.1 L (with dealership discount, and no Honda discount) on the road. One has to book it immediately. He also said that all the cars with the hefty Company discounts are gone.

Now in the light of the whole discussion above, I cannot make any sense out of this quote. Anybody any clue?
Old 13th July 2011, 23:11   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Lets put an end on this discussion.. Those getting the Jazz at reduced prices, Congratulations! Your karma is good!!
For me this "karma" statement is the best one.

So are we looking forward to some reduced prices for Civic and CRV?
At least one person I know has put his purchase plan on hold now.

Is there someone from Honda on the forum? I will like to get some insider account of what really happened in the board room meetings. Did some heads roll?

And guys again I will say, do not wait. Grab this offer. Hell I would have. Its a good one.
Old 13th July 2011, 23:33   #294
BHPian

This is what honda says in FB:

Honda Car India
There is no change in the ex-show-showroom prices of Honda Jazz. The offers available in the market are part of sales promotion on some limited variants in limited volumes available with some dealers for limited time.
Old 14th July 2011, 01:04   #295
Senior - BHPian

Spitfire, I really didnt think too much when I brought the Jazz, but I did think too much on why I should not buy the i20 which was the next option. I was already termed a fool when I got the car, so this is nothing new. I didnt use my mind, but the heart.

When you buy a hatch for 7.7L and add 30K to accessorize it, you are really not looking at value for money. I had many sedan/diesel hatch options for that budget. I brought the car for above reasons.

I would say this is the best time to get the Jazz. For those who had the Jazz on the mind, but couldnt put the money, do it now.

Honda goodwill is not going anywhere with this act. Such discussions happen on tbhp, but general public wont care. But yes they have been given a wakeup call. It now or never for Honda to get their act right.
mail4ajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 01:58   #296

And the last of the Jazz Selects in NCR was picked by me... booking amount given today. Tomorrow, I get the paperwork done and on Sunday my White lady comes home. As of now keeping it short, will post the entire story tomorrow.
Fingers crossed for getting my Jazz with Michelins...
Old 14th July 2011, 07:52   #297
BHPian

I guess the Honda Jazz owners now know what FIAT owners feel like . ha ha . But like every other Jazz owner has been saying , if you bought the car for the sheer love of it , dont even bother about listening to what others have to say . Like they say :

"Logon ka to kaam hee hai bolna "

Never the less I truely believe that when one buys a car knowing that its priced premium or doesnt have a high resale or has after sales service issues , the buyer in this case is ready to face whatever the issues . The buyer evaluated all the options and chose to buy a car for a specific reason . The Jazz or the punto fall in the same category . We buy it with our hearts .
Old 14th July 2011, 08:35   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
We do not want any false sympathies for sure.
Many might laugh at us saying that we are big fools and 'look, we had told you so ..' kind of stuff.... My suggestion is just to ignore them and move on.
There are bigger things to worry about in our lives.
This happens all the times in life. I remember paying almost 29k for a color "polyphonic ringtone" Nokia back in 2002, same set sold for less than 15k next year! My friend brought a flat in Pune in 08 for 45L, his neighbour brought the same in 09 for around 35L due to recession. I was cool with my phone at that time, my friend and his family have no regrets. Long story short, you guys are not alone Just look at the Merc price cut.

Jazz is gem of a car and last thing you need to worry about is its current price. Enjoy the beauty. Waiting for the newer Jazz and its price.
SunilM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 09:11   #299
BHPian

ET states that this is a discount to clear the jazz Inventory and they are planning a facelift for the model. see the link
Honda, Maruti, Hyundai roll out offers to spur car sales - The Economic Times
Old 14th July 2011, 09:57   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
This happens all the times in life. I remember paying almost 29k for a color "polyphonic ringtone" Nokia back in 2002, same set sold for less than 15k next year!
Same with me. I am sure everyone experienced this. Buy a stock, it goes down immediately on your purchase. I bought an iPhone for $360. The price came down to $200 in the U.S almost immediately. Perhaps I am the most Jinxed. When I bought at 7.5 lacs, I was thinking about those who bought Jazz for 8.25 lacs. Now its everyone else time to laugh.
Today every commodity is like that. You can never predict.
Buy and Enjoy what you bought. Its always that your decision is the best. As mail4Ajo said, I bought this car with the heart, as every jazz owner would have done.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks