Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2011, 08:51   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
@tarun: the sales number quoted by you are the number of vehicles shipped from Honda to the dealers. It is not the number of vehicles sold to the end consumer. So, it is highly possible that the dealers have lots of cars lying in their stockyards.
I am sure a facelift is on the way. Otherwise, if it is just a price revision, Honda would have made an official announcement.
Correct, these are sales from Honda to their dealers. On a re-look at the figures, over the past three months, only 30 Jazz have been manufactured and 643 have been dispatched to dealers. So a majority of the cars in stock now are pre April 2011, and some even older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So does "production" mean the number of cars produced & dispatched by the manufacturer & "Sales" mean the cars sold by dealers? I see that at couple of places the sales numbers are more than the production numbers which logically is not correct unless the surplus units were lying with the dealers and was sold later.

The sales are higher than production because of carry forward of unsold cars.
Old 15th July 2011, 10:43   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
You will never get the facelifted version of Jazz at the quoted price (6.4L OTR), it will be more around 8L OTR. If budget is not a constraint, wait for the newer version else the current clearence price is once in a blue moon price - most likely, you will never see it again.
That probably isn't true. I would like to know the source of that info as well.

The Honda ASM of my area clearly said they were expecting a delivery of facelifted Jazzes early next month, and they will cost 20-25K more than the current "Cash Discount" prices.

That makes the Base model come to around 6.1L, the Select about 6.25L and the X might be about 6.6L (ex-showroom, CG).

If it comes with the 1.5 iVTEC, the pricing may be more on the lines of the official prices on their webpage, maybe even more.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 15th July 2011 at 10:44.
Old 15th July 2011, 11:19   #333
BHPian

Is it not imperative for the people from T-BHP/ others also who are buying the discounted Jazz, to check for the manufacturing month to have a clear Idea on the stock clearance. 2009 make as per some posts sounds too old for me and some parts if exposed for such a long duration to the elements might get brittle and not last the intended distance. Everybody knows most of the manufactured cars are parked in open spaces.

Hope the soon to be owners take a note of this and do some thorough inspection.

Last edited by muni : 15th July 2011 at 11:20.
Old 15th July 2011, 11:37   #334
BHPian

All Jazz variants in Pune sold out :-(

My brother is in the market for the car, and if any one could please let me know if theres one avaliable in their city, it would be highily appreciated.

Last edited by RacingForIndia : 15th July 2011 at 11:38. Reason: Added some more text
Old 15th July 2011, 12:02   #335
Senior - BHPian

I think the price revision has done a world of good to honda, the buzz is all around an people are going for the car.

Honda has brought it self back in the game.
Old 15th July 2011, 13:02   #336
BHPian

Got a call from Magnum Honda, Mekri Circle Branch, Bangalore yesterday that a Select Model is available as some customer had withdrawn from buying due to disqualification of loan. So if any body is interested still give a call Magnum.

By the way, its a 2011 manufactured car(as i'm told).
Hope this helps.

Last edited by ramki067 : 15th July 2011 at 13:05.
Old 15th July 2011, 13:16   #337
BHPian

I have been thinking to buy one for my wife for sometime now, called up all the three dealers in Bangalore yesterday, this was their reply,

Whitefield Honda - "Jazz not in stock, give me your number, will get back if we get it"

Magnum Honda - "Jazz in stock but no offers on ex-showroom price, offers closed two days back", quoted around 9 lacs for Select variant

Dakshin Honda - "Jazz in stock and quoted offer of 7.5 lac OTR Bangalore but availability is not confirmed, will be able to confirm only in next month"

Huge difference between how dealers are dealing with prospective customers, also there is huge difference in OTR cost considering the similar offers which others have reported here from other cities like Pune. Any suggestion, friends ?
Old 15th July 2011, 14:07   #338
BHPian

Ive booked a Jazz base here in Bangalore for 7.4 OTR. I had initially selected the Select variant but by the time the salesman came to collect the cheque (just 30 min later), he said the select was booked by someone else already (Select was for 7.5 OTR). Was really disappointed as the select comes with alloys and parcel tray extra which cost 34k separately! And the salesman had told me that he has booked the car for me when he left the showroom. Anyway couldnt do anything about it and so we went ahead and booked the base.

Issue is they are not willing to budge even a little bit from the price of 7.4 OTR. First of all the discount is lower than other cities (Original price is 8.85 lakhs so only 1.45 lakhs discount). And they arent even willing to let me choose my own insurance. I want the zero depreciation insurance from bajaj allianz but they are saying you have to take it all from us, basically we have to pay them 7.4. No other freebies, not even parking sensors or sunfilm. Im not too happy but my dad is pretty much fixed on the car.

Anyone else in Bangalore having the same issues? And is there anyone who managed to get a better deal than this?
Old 15th July 2011, 14:11   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieDarko View Post
...called up all the three dealers in Bangalore yesterday, this was their reply,Any suggestion, friends ?
Call up Magnum once again and check for the prices / discounts. If they still say there are no offers, call up the rest two and ask them to check with other dealers whether they have stock or not. Probably these dealers can work within themselves and get you the car with discounts. I am not sure whether this will work, but you can always give a try. Looks like Magnum has one car based on the post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Got a call from Magnum Honda, Mekri Circle Branch, Bangalore yesterday that a Select Model is available as some customer had withdrawn from buying due to disqualification of loan. So if any body is interested still give a call Magnum.
Old 15th July 2011, 14:14   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
Ive booked a Jazz base here in Bangalore for 7.4 OTR. I had initially selected the Select variant but by the time the salesman came to collect the cheque (just 30 min later), he said the select was booked by someone else already (Select was for 7.5 OTR). Was really disappointed as the select comes with alloys and parcel tray extra which cost 34k separately! And the salesman had told me that he has booked the car for me when he left the showroom. Anyway couldnt do anything about it and so we went ahead and booked the base.

Issue is they are not willing to budge even a little bit from the price of 7.4 OTR. First of all the discount is lower than other cities (Original price is 8.85 lakhs so only 1.45 lakhs discount). And they arent even willing to let me choose my own insurance. I want the zero depreciation insurance from bajaj allianz but they are saying you have to take it all from us, basically we have to pay them 7.4. No other freebies, not even parking sensors or sunfilm. Im not too happy but my dad is pretty much fixed on the car.

Anyone else in Bangalore having the same issues? And is there anyone who managed to get a better deal than this?
Some Bhpian posted he was getting a Jazz for 6.5Lakh in Hyderabad.

Getting the insurance directly from Bajaj will save you Rs 7,000-10,000 depending on the car. They have to agree for this. Did they give you any reason why they are not allowing you to take your own insurance?
Old 15th July 2011, 14:27   #341

hi all ,have booked the jazz select (Black colour ) in Goa today morning.Had

liked the car when first driven 1 year back .Came to know of the offer on

indiacarbikes.in and jumped out of my skin.Could not sleep the whole night

and called coastal Honda at 9 am in the morning.Lot of confusion about the

pricing ,managed to speak to the ASM who confirmed the availability of a few

vehicles.Took a long test drive with wifey who anyway had approved the vehicle

and confirmed the deal .6.28 lacs OTR was the final price which i believe is a

good price for the finest hatchback by a big margin on indian roads.Would

want to know from members who have confirmed bookings about any

additional freebies which they may have been able to procure from their

dealers .Is the 4 yr extended warranty /extended warranty part of the deal

(the local sales has said he will get back by today evening regarding the

status of these two).
Old 15th July 2011, 14:39   #342
BHPian

@locomoco
You are damn lucky pal. I am still searching for a black/red Jazz with the discounted price.
4 Year/80k Warranty is available with the discounted price.
Old 15th July 2011, 15:21   #343
BHPian

I got a reply from Honda Customer Relations for the displeasure that I exhibited
"Kindly note that , there are various promotional schemes which are regularly offered by our dealerships from time to time as per the business requirement .The schemes depends on various factors e.g seasonality ,limited volumes, limited colors, model and type etc. The offer available is a part of sales promotion on limited variants in limited volumes available with dealers. However please note that there is no change in the ex showroom prices of Honda Jazz on pan India basis. "
Old 15th July 2011, 15:34   #344
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomoco View Post
hi all ,have booked the jazz select (Black colour ) in Goa today morning.
Its a 2010 model. Please check it thoroughly.
Old 15th July 2011, 16:44   #345
BHPian

Called every dealer in Mumbai, Thane and Navi Mumbai. All have sold out. Visited Arya in mumbai. They have a test drive vehicle in the select trim. The car has clocked about 2800kms. Drove the car. Pretty clean. Offering it at a discount of 2L. I think an additional discount of 25k for a car thats run 2800kms is not sufficient.

But have been told by pretty much every dealer I called that the new Jazz out in a month or so will definitely cut some features like ABS and other niceties from the base variant. The face lifted car, out in a months time will cost about 15-25k more for less features.

Any opinions on whether I should be picking up the TD car for 6.4L OTR?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks