Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2011, 17:15   #346
BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Can you please quote the source of this price for the face lifted variant?
Its just a guess, sorry if it sounded otherwise. Newer models Honda, or for that matter any manufacturer, launches are normally at a price premium over the existing one. See no reason why that will not be the case with All new Jazz. That can obviously change if they "cheapofy" the base variant taking inspiration from cars like Liva.
Old 15th July 2011, 17:19   #347
BHPian

Honda Jazz is a great buy at this spectacular price, are they going to keep the prices the same for a while or just clearing inventory we will have to see, surely next month sales chart for jazz will shoot up. They should have introduced this at this same price some 2 years back.

I just feel a bit bad for those buyers who still bought it at those higher prices, but nevertheless they still enjoyed their Honda jazz all this while ;-)

Good to see so much competition in Indian market too, at least now Honda cars are in line with the rest of the market.
Old 15th July 2011, 19:05   #348
BHPian

I checked with the dealers in Mumbai yesterday evening, none of them had it in stock and aren't giving out dates for new stock arrival.
Old 15th July 2011, 20:15   #349
Senior - BHPian

I hope the Brio is priced right from the start, rather than this trial and reduce method followed by Honda currently! So are the Civic and the Accord next in line for price revision ?!
Old 15th July 2011, 20:17   #350
LNK
BHPian

The reduction in price will only help buyers who have already made their decision on the Jazz but IMHO it will not draw fresh crowds towards it. Good car, no doubt. But even after reduction in price, doesn't make much sense money wise.
Old 15th July 2011, 20:23   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline_r34 View Post
Called every dealer in Mumbai, Thane and Navi Mumbai. All have sold out. Visited Arya in mumbai. They have a test drive vehicle in the select trim. The car has clocked about 2800kms. Drove the car. Pretty clean. Offering it at a discount of 2L. I think an additional discount of 25k for a car thats run 2800kms is not sufficient.

But have been told by pretty much every dealer I called that the new Jazz out in a month or so will definitely cut some features like ABS and other niceties from the base variant. The face lifted car, out in a months time will cost about 15-25k more for less features.

Any opinions on whether I should be picking up the TD car for 6.4L OTR?
In my opinion a test drive car which has done 28K is equivalent to a normal car with 60K on the odo. Or even worse.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 21:32   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline_r34 View Post
Called every dealer in Mumbai, Thane and Navi Mumbai. All have sold out. Visited Arya in mumbai. They have a test drive vehicle in the select trim. The car has clocked about 2800kms. Drove the car. Pretty clean. Offering it at a discount of 2L. I think an additional discount of 25k for a car thats run 2800kms is not sufficient.

But have been told by pretty much every dealer I called that the new Jazz out in a month or so will definitely cut some features like ABS and other niceties from the base variant. The face lifted car, out in a months time will cost about 15-25k more for less features.

Any opinions on whether I should be picking up the TD car for 6.4L OTR?
@Skyline, it's definitely not worth it. The engine condition of a test car driven 2800Km would be similar to a regular car driven atleast 4 times the same amount. Plus I doubt the vehicle was even maintained within speed and RPM limits during the running in period. Not worth even looking at, the dealers trying to pull a fast one on you.
Old 15th July 2011, 22:21   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Its a 2010 model. Please check it thoroughly.
thanks for the concern.Went to the stockyard and checked the VIN number

myself.The date of manufacture is March 2011.Let the sales guy know about my

preference for that car only.
Old 16th July 2011, 11:51   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Some Bhpian posted he was getting a Jazz for 6.5Lakh in Hyderabad.

Getting the insurance directly from Bajaj will save you Rs 7,000-10,000 depending on the car. They have to agree for this. Did they give you any reason why they are not allowing you to take your own insurance?
Prices in Hyd are irrelevant to Bangalore, just wanted to know if anyone had managed to get a better deal in bangalore.

They havent even given me a breakup of the price, so i dont even know what the price for insurance is. They say that the entire discount is a package deal and we have to take everything from them, ie they are not willing to accept anything less than 7.4 lakhs. Im going to go down and talk to the sales executive once again today and sort this out.
Old 16th July 2011, 12:56   #355
Senior - BHPian

Mods, is there a discount only thread one where we talk about all the deals and discounts going on with different manufacturers. Searched for such a thread but did not find it.

It seems there was a news on TV yesterday which said manufacturers offering discounts, folks at home did not note down which manufacturers were listed. Did someone else also saw the news?
Old 16th July 2011, 13:00   #356
BHPian

checked with Pride Honda in Hyderabad and they are out of stock
Old 16th July 2011, 13:02   #357
BHPian

New facelifted Jazz (Apparently this one will have new foglamps and new interiors) is coming next month. Price will be in the range of i20. This was told me by the GM of one of the HOnda deales in Mumbai. Just to give way to the new Jazz, this stock clearing sale took place.
Old 16th July 2011, 13:29   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryashiv1 View Post
New facelifted Jazz (Apparently this one will have new foglamps and new interiors) is coming next month. Price will be in the range of i20. This was told me by the GM of one of the HOnda deales in Mumbai. Just to give way to the new Jazz, this stock clearing sale took place.
Could you please check if Honda will be offering automatic transmission on the Jazz? I dont think the chances are high, but still would like to know if it will be offered.
Old 16th July 2011, 13:31   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806
Mods, is there a discount only thread one where we talk about all the deals and discounts going on with different manufacturers. Searched for such a thread but did not find it.

It seems there was a news on TV yesterday which said manufacturers offering discounts, folks at home did not note down which manufacturers were listed. Did someone else also saw the news?
This is discussed on the thread New car price check
Old 16th July 2011, 13:44   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryashiv1 View Post
This means, new Jazz will be in the same range of current discounted price
Closed Thread

Most Viewed