Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2011, 16:12   #376
BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
+1.

Originally Posted by Sn1p3r
Dear Members, I wish to caution you that due to the delicious prices being dished out many are booking the car without even TD it. One of my friends bought the car at down payment without the TD and now he is not happy with it's power. Reason: he bought a city rather say bumper2bumper driving car and now he doesn't like the initial pickup etc. I calmed him down a bit but this made me rush to the forum and wanted to caution everyone. Due to price the car doesn't become 100% to your taste thus please TD before you buy. Cheers!

Just because of the Cash Discount offer and the Jazz happens to be a 2011 model, please just don't blind buy the car.

It is imperative that you give it a thorough inspection first (the Team-BHP PDI list comes in handy here), checking for wear & tear under the hood, scratch marks below the waistline, tyre treads, etc. Also check the odometer reading and the interiors, specially door gaps, panels, rubber fitments, etc.

Then do a comprehensive TD for at least 15-20 kms to check for suspension stiffness, road handling, braking, etc.

Once you feel satisfied, go ahead with your deal. Remember, once you close a deal you cannot go back. Better be safe than sorry.
Well said, both RavenAvi and Sn1p3r !! In fact, this was the only factor that dissuaded me from making the buy at Indore (am currently working in Mumbai). I would have had to literally drop everything on my plate and go to Indore to buy the car (my family stays at Indore) and in this instance, let my mind rule this decision rather than the heart. And if by chance things did not work out, then I would have had to live my decision for a long time. Having lived without a car for quite sometime, I thought that couple of more months won't hurt.

For some reason, am unable to do multiquote and hence I have copied and pasted Sn1p3r's statement.
Old 17th July 2011, 21:11   #377
BHPian

I just walked in to Honda showroom(Bangalore) today to enquire Jazz and dealer said there are no stock available and everything was sold out immediately after announcing discounted price, i also heard that the Jazz production is stopped as of now and they are adding additional features to release new Jazz at competitive price less than 7Lacs.

-MUKE
Old 18th July 2011, 10:33   #378

Bad experience from Pride Honda
The day Jazz's prices were slashed I got a call from Pride Honda, Hyderabad. I was called by the sales executive from pride Honda that there were discounts available for the car as I went there a week ago looking for Jazz.

The executive offered me a flat discount of 1,99,000 over the ex-showroom and the final on-road price for Jazz Select was coming to be 6.47 lakhs. I immediately made the booking for the Rallye red color. The booking amount paid was 50,000 and the dealer also took my personal documents for loan purposes. Later in the day I was told that the select variant will not be available, however, he assured me the base model was there, which was coming at 6.32 lakhs. Since the only difference was alloy wheels I decided it was fine to get the base variant and later add alloys.

Next day I was told that even base model may not be available and I was given false assurances that the sales guy will "try his best". I was distraught and the guy later told that he was having difficulty in getting the car. I asked him to return my cheque, which he said has already gone for the clearing.
I had had enough by now and blocked the cheque and cancelled the booking which probably never was in place anyway.

Later in the day after cancellation, I got a call from the same guy trying to sell me facelifted Jazz and I gave him a piece of my mind. Totally unprofessional guys. They were (if they ever had a car) were trying to bid for the highest amount for the Jazz.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:15   #379

Everyone: here is my Jazz story.

Booked a Jazz Select in white about 10 days before D-Day (discount announcement day - haha). Booking was with Solitaire Honda's Pawan. Had an offer with 87k discount, including insurance, and some freebies. Was pretty happy with the deal. Paid 50k in advance for octroi clearance etc in Bombay.

4 days before D-Day, paid the rest of the amount via demand drafts. The car was off to get registered.

And then I get a call on D-Day from another dealer who knew I was in the market with this huge offer. He suggested, smartly, that I cancel the order and pay the RTO cancellation charges of 5k odd and book with him. Told him will see if my dealer is willing to do something first out of fairness.

Called me salesman, who was out in the field all day and had no idea about the deal. To his credit, he called back in a couple of hours from the office and confirmed it, but stated he could do nothing as the car was invoiced already. I pushed back and told him this was too big an amount, and he had to make it work otherwise I would cancel and pay the 2% penalty. In an hour, he called with an offer of 150k off. Given the 2% penalty and the expectation that I would have to pay some RTO charges on top as the car had already gone for registration, I was pretty happy with the deal.

Decided to give it one final try, but instead of negotiating, decided to play it clean. Told him that I was willing to accept the price given the situation, but did not think it was fair to pay more for a car that had not even been delivered to me. Suggested he speak to his manager about this and let me know. He also stated he would try his best since he wanted good references from me.

Next morning, I sms him to ask on status. He replies immed saying they will match the 1.75 discount, but no freebies will be added. (OTR of 6.78lacs) Now, I thought this was mighty fair, and even though I sensed I could have asked for more freebies, just didn't feel right.

I agreed - and voila, my car was delivered on Saturday!

(The refund check is still awaited and is supposed to be delivered 3 days after the car delivery. Lets hope that goes without any hiccups.)

All in all, I felt good about how the dealer and the salesperson had managed a complex situation that was in flux, and am a happy customer who would recommend Pawan/Solitaire.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:39   #380
BHPian

Just got a call from a Honda dealer in Pune. Jazz bookings are on and will be available from mid August onwards. The OTR price being quoted are in the range starting from 6.5 upto 7.25. He was not sure of the Jazz X. In terms of features he could confirm Height Adjust and audio control on streeing wheel( I think the Select version already had it). He was not sure of ACC though. The engine remains at 1.2.
He asked me to book and assured me there were no cancellation charges.
sraye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 13:00   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Everyone: here is my Jazz story.

All in all, I felt good about how the dealer and the salesperson had managed a complex situation that was in flux, and am a happy customer who would recommend Pawan/Solitaire.
You are lucky man! Hope you give some gift to the ones who gave you inside news of discount. That''s a huge amount of money saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
Just got a call from a Honda dealer in Pune. Jazz bookings are on and will be available from mid August onwards. The OTR price being quoted are in the range starting from 6.5 upto 7.25. He was not sure of the Jazz X. In terms of features he could confirm Height Adjust and audio control on streeing wheel( I think the Select version already had it). He was not sure of ACC though. The engine remains at 1.2.
He asked me to book and assured me there were no cancellation charges.
That's a great news again Is this the new Jazz or the existing one?
Old 18th July 2011, 13:11   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
That's a great news again Is this the new Jazz or the existing one?
This is for the new Jazz. Another update : seems there won't be any base version now. There will only be two variants - Select and X. I hope USB is available in both the variants.
Old 18th July 2011, 13:23   #383
BHPian

Discount Magic Honda Jazz Inventory Gone in 3 Days

Honda's gamble to offer Rs 1.75L rebate on its premium hatchback Jazz has paid off with entire inventory at its factory and dealers being wiped off in just three days of the offer. The company, which launched the offer on July 11, sold over 850 Jazz till last Wednesday night, which is more than the 643 Jazz sold between April and June this year. The company has reportedly stopped production of Jazz at its Greater Noida factory and the price waive strategy has paved the way for its face lifted version of the car to hit the market soon.

Source - The Economic Times Mumbai 18th July 2011

Will the Jazz see a face lifted version with 1.5L engine? Spoke a few insiders and they won't deny neither will they confirm. None the less the existing avatar of Jazz is now well priced and positioned to confront the Polo's and i20. July sales figures will make interesting read.
Old 18th July 2011, 13:28   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
July sales figures will make interesting read.
More than theJuly sales figures, IMO, it is more interesting to see how the face-lifted Jazz is priced!
It would also give an indication what to expect on the price front of Brio!

Cheers!
Old 18th July 2011, 14:19   #385
Senior - BHPian

The economic times reported that Honda sold 850 Jazz vehicles in 3 days after they slashed their prices. The whole quarter they sold only about 653.

Apparently they have cleaned up stocks at dealerships and at the factory.

Edit : Oops didn't read arup.misra's post.

Last edited by shibujp : 18th July 2011 at 14:21.
Old 18th July 2011, 14:32   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
You are lucky man! Hope you give some gift to the ones who gave you inside news of discount. That''s a huge amount of money saved.
Haha - yes, I felt I should reach out to him and send him something. Will do this week - thanks for the reminder. Good karma always goes around.
Old 18th July 2011, 15:44   #387
BHPian

UPDATE:
Called up Capital and Olympia Honda. 2 different prices quoted for the new face-lifted Jazz.
Capital: < 7 Lac
Olympia: 7.24 Lac Approx. No idea about the variants though.

New Jazz is getting launched this month end and delivery starts by next month. No cancellation charges on the booking getting cancelled.

Booking amount: 25K
No. of bookings till date in Olympia: 5

Changes:
Fog lamp, bluetooth and some more cosmetic changes.

Any thoughts? Should I book it?
Old 18th July 2011, 15:55   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Changes:Fog lamp, bluetooth and some more cosmetic changes.Any thoughts? Should I book it?
For the changes you have listed the quoted price can't be justified!

Cheers!
Old 18th July 2011, 16:52   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Discount Magic Honda Jazz Inventory Gone in 3 Days
Had to be. This is THE right price for the car. And we Indians are sharp in matters of money.

Honda keeps "JAZZing" people. Isn't it?
1. First the older owners of Jazz were(left?) JAZZed.
2. Then the prospective owners were happily JAZZed in terms of price.
3. Then the prospective owners were heart achingly JAZZed in terms of non availability of stocks.

OT: Hope that the effect rubs off on other so called premium Hatch backs. Also I m hoping that Honda keeps the pressure on others with an aggressive price for the going to be launched New Jazz.
Old 18th July 2011, 17:14   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
For the changes you have listed the quoted price can't be justified!

Cheers!
Its too early to jump into conclusions, because, the price quoted is different from both the dealers.

When contacted Sundaram, they have said, booking is not yet opened. Quite contrary.

Good thing, book the Jazz(only the persons who want to really own it) and keep their fingers crossed and if the revealed price is too high, cancel the booking. No charges whatsoever.

BTW, what would be the right price for one to avail it?

Last edited by dre@ms : 18th July 2011 at 17:15.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks