Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2011, 17:32   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Its too early to jump into conclusions, because, the price quoted is different from both the dealers.

When contacted Sundaram, they have said, booking is not yet opened. Quite contrary.

Good thing, book the Jazz(only the persons who want to really own it) and keep their fingers crossed and if the revealed price is too high, cancel the booking. No charges whatsoever.

BTW, what would be the right price for one to avail it?
Bookings are open for the new Jazz, which is expected in the first or second week of next month.

The ASM of Shubh Honda called me today and confirmed the same, and asked me to book one at a downpayment of 50K.

Pricing? Well, he stands firm by his initial disclosure that the Base (if launched) will be 6.1L, Select (if launched) will be 6.3L, X (if launched) will be 6.7L and the AT (if launched) will be 7.0L, all prices ex-showroom. All sound pretty reasonable to me, specially the fully loaded top-end AT if it comes to around 7.7L OTR.

Best thing to do if you are looking to get the facelift and the bookings are open in your area - book one with the downpayment immediately, and wait for the launch. If the prices vis-a-vis the features are not upto your liking, cancel it. Honda is not charging any cancellation charges for your booking, so you will get your 50K back.

As for me, I have decided to wait for the outright launch, see what all Honda is offering in the facelift, then make the decision.
Old 18th July 2011, 17:37   #392
BHPian

@RavenAvi
That what I have also decided. My wife's sister is booking their's this Sunday, and I would too. But I am little bit constraint on the pricing, so if the Jazz launches with the pricing you have mentioned, there is no turning back. Jazz Select is mine

If not, cancel the booking and go in for the Polo TL 1.2

Edit for Update:
Sundaram Honda says, the price wouldn't be 8.5L(Old launched price) and it would be much lesser. No approximation given. And the production would start only by next month. Prices would be revealed by 1st/2nd week of August and only then they would start the booking.

Scoop:
ASM from Sundaram informed that Honda had realized they have done a blunder(same word used) in the old price and they have realized it. Finally!!!
ASM from Capital informed that the Honda people are there in discussing the pricing strategy.

Last edited by dre@ms : 18th July 2011 at 17:54.
Old 18th July 2011, 18:41   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Best thing to do if you are looking to get the facelift and the bookings are open in your area - book one with the downpayment immediately, and wait for the launch. If the prices vis-a-vis the features are not upto your liking, cancel it. Honda is not charging any cancellation charges for your booking, so you will get your 50K back.
Why to book? I doubt there will be huge waiting periods once Jazz is launched. It's not that you are getting price guarantee and getting the new one in old price if booked now. Better to put that 50k in short term FD rather than giving it free to the dealership!
Old 18th July 2011, 19:06   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Why to book? I doubt there will be huge waiting periods once Jazz is launched. It's not that you are getting price guarantee and getting the new one in old price if booked now. Better to put that 50k in short term FD rather than giving it free to the dealership!
Exactly. Might as well wait for some official communication and do a proper comparison on features offered for the price before making a decision. At most one might have to wait a bit more to get the car, but am sure ( rather hope) that the waiting list wont be at the ANHV levels.
Old 18th July 2011, 20:14   #395
Senior - BHPian

@dreams: are the prices quoted ex-showroom?
If yes, seems pretty high.

I expect Jazz Base version to be around 6L and Select around 6.5L.
Select will get seat-height adjustment, USB etc. and may be a bluetooth/ACC.

Jazz is not like a Swift where you have to wait 6 months for the delivery. So, what's the rush to book?
Wait for the facelift to be announced and then take an informed decision
Old 18th July 2011, 20:40   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's the catch!

The ASM of my area says that if someone books now, he will get the facelift at the present "cash discount" price. They will forward the info that the booking was done during the "cash discount" period, and the Jazz will be given at the same slashed price offered now by the dealer.

(I don't believe him, though)

Better check with your local dealer. It may be a ruse to increase bookings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I expect Jazz Base version to be around 6L and Select around 6.5L.
Select will get seat-height adjustment, USB etc. and may be a bluetooth/ACC.
Factory-fitted stuff might come standard to the Select. Anything else which they can load into a separate kit, will be offered separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Jazz is not like a Swift where you have to wait 6 months for the delivery. So, what's the rush to book?
Wait for the facelift to be announced and then take an informed decision
That was the case with the old Jazz.

I suspect the facelift with the new revised prices might create some stir in the market, especially now that Toyota has come out with such an aggressive pricing of the Etios Liva.

If they managed to bump off 700-odd Jazzes all around the country within 3-4 days of the "cash discount" offer, I suspect the facelift Jazz with a starting price of 6.1-6.3L should create some considerable buzz. That might translate to a decent waiting period, who knows?

Everyone knows that Jazz was always a quality product, but not priced well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Honda seems to have liqidated the entire stock in 3 days flat due to the huge discounts offered. Swift petrol is going to have tough next 7 years of its existence considering the first 7 were a cake walk.
My point, exactly.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th July 2011 at 20:42.
Old 18th July 2011, 20:40   #397
Senior - BHPian

Honda seems to have liqidated the entire stock in 3 days flat due to the huge discounts offered. Swift petrol is going to have tough next 7 years of its existence considering the first 7 were a cake walk.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 21:04   #398
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

Use the "Thanks" button instead

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 19th July 2011 at 18:50.
ani_meher is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th July 2011, 23:43   #399
BHPian

@adimicra
Yes, its ex-showroom. But its just a speculation. I am sure, Jazz would be priced between 6-7 lacs.

As per everybody feedback, gonna wait for the launch and then do the booking.
Old 19th July 2011, 11:44   #400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The ASM of my area says that if someone books now, he will get the facelift at the present "cash discount" price.
The general rule is whatever price you book a car at, you pay the rate on delivery date! If its a 10K+ than the booking time, you will have to pay the current prices.

I don't understand how can they guarantee the discount prices for a face-lift, especially when no one knows what the new pricing is going to be. I smell a foul play, please make sure to get it in writing if you guys are going forward with the booking.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 11:58   #401
BHPian

A friend got the Jazz few days ago. The top end model came to under 6.7L OTR. This in Pune.

I think Honda has priced it really well. For that price it is a great package.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:05   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The general rule is whatever price you book a car at, you pay the rate on delivery date! If its a 10K+ than the booking time, you will have to pay the current prices.

I don't understand how can they guarantee the discount prices for a face-lift, especially when no one knows what the new pricing is going to be. I smell a foul play, please make sure to get it in writing if you guys are going forward with the booking.
It is called as price protection. It was used when new i10 was launched, and also I think for some Maruti vehicles too.

EDIT: Just called all 3 honda dealers in Pune. No one is taking booking. In fact, one insisted no one can provide this 'price protection', and even if they take the bookings, the buyer has to buy at the prevailing price. The launch dates vary from 25 days to 2 months. None had/gave any idea about the facelift as well as the price.

So prospective buyers, better to put the money in FD

Last edited by ani_meher : 19th July 2011 at 12:21.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 12:25   #403
BHPian

@ani_meher
Then how come the Chennai dealers have started the booking and very confident the launch would happen this month end and delivery from 2nd week of August?
Old 19th July 2011, 12:32   #404
Senior - BHPian

^^^ beats me. Atleast Pune dealers are not taking booking. Is any dealer in mumbai giving price protection?
Old 19th July 2011, 12:48   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is called as price protection. It was used when new i10 was launched, and also I think for some Maruti vehicles too.
But then none of those cars were offered at a 1.5L discount as well. price protection is good if there is a guarantee that the face-lift will not cost drastically different than the outgoing model. Here we have a different scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Then how come the Chennai dealers have started the booking and very confident the launch would happen this month end and delivery from 2nd week of August?
Dreams, usually these guys get to know about a launch confirmation when they are called in for a training which is almost 2-3 weeks before the launch. Rest is all BS what they give. Please check before you give them the booking amount !
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed