Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 20:29   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Hey Raven...

Could you please post some pics of the interiors too?? I mean dashboard, the instrument cluster, the steering wheel...
The gallery has only one dashboard pic.

Replace the GPS unit for an OEM music system in the pic, rest should be exactly the same (including ACC).

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazz_2011_1024x768_wallpaper_24.jpg

The Complete Gallery - Honda Jazz (2011) with pictures and wallpapers

Here's another RHD pic for the CVT -

Name:  059.jpg
Views: 2637
Size:  127.7 KB
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 21:40   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Hi Guys,

This is my first post at Team-BHP!! YAY!!

Some information about my recent Jazz booking. I had been looking for a hatchback for the past few months and had almost made up my mind to buy the Jazz at pre-discount prices, thanks to wonderful owenership threads. The deal got delayed as i was trying to haggle with the dealers to match discounts which team-BHP members had managed.

Thanks to that delay, the massive clearance discount was announced , and since i was willing to pick up the Jazz at 7.7 lakhs OTR mumbai, this deal was a no brainer. Paid up the 51k advance and booked a white jazz select for 6.78 OTR + sunfilms + mats.

Arranged finances and went to make the payment day before yesterday and thats when tragedy hit. The dealer informed me that their stockyard had been flooded and most of the cars had been submerged under water (including mine). He showed me snaps of the site and it looked bad.

Net Net, the car is not fit to be delivered and there is no more stock anywhere in India. I have to now wait and pray that the new Jazz is launched in a similar price range (expected max 50k over the discounted) without feature cut so that i can own the beauty.
You check Raipur Dealer they may be having the stock if you insist to buy from another state.
Old 24th July 2011, 09:03   #453
BHPian

Went to Sundaram yesterday. Lots of people had come to have a look at Jazz and book them. Seriously, people are now curious on the Jazz after the discount.

ASM informed new colors are added and the thailand model would be launched here by 15th August. New model would arrive showroom by this month end. Price approx. 25-50K increase from the discounted price. May be much lower too.

Automatic ORVM, front grille, fog lamp, alloys are changed. USB and BT would be added along with some minor interior color change.

Only the Select model would launch and very limited stocks will be given to the dealers. After which another model would be launched with some more changes. What??!

Civic buyers, new civic would be launched by Jan 2012.
dre@ms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 10:25   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Only the Select model would launch and very limited stocks will be given to the dealers. After which another model would be launched with some more changes. What??!
What's going on Honda? seems they are keen to prove early buyers as fool!

1: people buying jazz at MRP
2: People buying jazz at 75k discount
3: 1.75L discount!
4: people buying the select version the moment it is launched!
5: smart ones waiting to launch a better version

Seems the later you buy, smarter you are!
Old 24th July 2011, 10:41   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
What's going on Honda? seems they are keen to prove early buyers as fool!

1: people buying jazz at MRP
2: People buying jazz at 75k discount
3: 1.75L discount!
4: people buying the select version the moment it is launched!
5: smart ones waiting to launch a better version

Seems the later you buy, smarter you are!
Right now, most of it is conjecture. Hear everything, but take it with a pinch of salt. Don't believe everything they tell you.

Pretty sure most of the dealers themselves don't have much of an idea what Honda is planning with the facelift so they are doing their best to keep the rumors going, so that the interest of the buyers doesn't die down after the "Cash Discount" melee and the sudden "limelight" the Jazz finds itself in.

We have a pretty good idea of what the facelift will look like, and what features will come with it. I am pretty sure Honda will not want to miss out on the Base model, because that is their cue to bring out the new tagline for the Jazz - "Honda Jazz now starts at 5.99 Lakhs! Why So Serious Now?!"

They will add the Select to the lineup as well, because that will be their top-end model for the MT variant. I am a bit skeptical that we will see the X ever again, but we just might get lucky with the CVT.

In the end, there will be at least 2 model variants on offer, if not more. The best thing to do right now, is to keep hearing the rumors through one ear and let it go through the other ear, and wait for the inevitable August launch of the Jazz facelift. Any official communication from Honda in-between will be an added bonus.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 11:14   #456
BHPian

Quote:

ASM informed new colors are added and the thailand model would be launched here by 15th August. New model would arrive showroom by this month end. Price approx. 25-50K increase from the discounted price. May be much lower too.

Automatic ORVM, front grille, fog lamp, alloys are changed. USB and BT would be added along with some minor interior color change.

I info i got from solitaire post my jazz fiasco is that the launch will be in second week for august, most likely 15th as you have also got info. However, with the swift launch scheduled for the 17th, it might be possible that honda will wait to see the pricing of the new swift. Deliveries are likely to start august end.

features to be added as per the dealer was usb. bt, driver's seat height adjust, and indicators on ovrms. nothing on if the ovrms will be electrically foldable.

test drove i20 yesterday to keep my options open in case jazz is again launched with astronomical prices. Dont think i will buy that car even if it comes plated in gold! i hated the way it drives.
Old 24th July 2011, 11:44   #457
Senior - BHPian

Came across this article which dates back to March 2011. At that time itself (even before the stock clearance started) they were able to report the new jazz which could be on it's way
Honda unveils Jazz with a new CVT Gearbox | Goa On Wheels
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 00:50   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Lots of people had come to have a look at Jazz and book them. Seriously, people are now curious on the Jazz after the discount.
Atlast a ray of hope for jazz.

Quote:
Looks like Honda is in a real mood to trash Toyota's Q-class dream.

I spoke to olympia honda,chennai and ASM is pretty sure that the facelift version would be 7 lakhs OTR.But i'am very much skeptical about their statements,due to my earlier bitter experience with them.

If Honda does its homework properly and prices it correctly(somewhere between 5.8 and 6.5 ex-showroom) its definitely going to hit the i20 market for sure. Swift is a totally different story ,one and only (and the biggest) factor i see in favour of swift is its diesel mill,other than that i feel jazz to be more VFM.Lets see what magic rabbit Suzuki san is going to pull out of its swift hat on aug 17th.
Old 25th July 2011, 16:52   #459
BHPian

I found a news paper clipping from Economic Times - Honda Seil has officially confirmed the price cuts - 1.75 Lakhs!

Here's the link:
Hyundai, Volkswagen, Chevrolet, Honda, Daimler, Mercedes lure customers with price cuts and low interest rates to boost sales - The Economic Times
Old 25th July 2011, 18:18   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet@bulbule View Post
I found a news paper clipping from Economic Times - Honda Seil has officially confirmed the price cuts - 1.75 Lakhs!
Honda did not confirm the price cut. All that was given by them was that this was a limited time offer by the dealers. The honda website still shows the price of the Jazz at the original value.

the talked about dealer discount of 1.75 also varied from dealer to dealer depending on how much you were able to extract. i have seen people book it at a discount of 1.5 lakh when i was at the showroom.
Old 25th July 2011, 22:26   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Honda did not confirm the price cut. All that was given by them was that this was a limited time offer by the dealers. The honda website still shows the price of the Jazz at the original value.

the talked about dealer discount of 1.75 also varied from dealer to dealer depending on how much you were able to extract. i have seen people book it at a discount of 1.5 lakh when i was at the showroom.

Hi There,

If you read through the link I provided earlier, you'll see this comment:

"As a result of the continued efforts by our R&D function, and in anticipation of bigger volumes resulting in economies of scale, we achieved considerable cost reduction and decided to pass on the benefit to the customers of Honda City," says Jnaneswar Sen, senior vice-president, sales & marketing, Honda Siel Cars India.

That's the Senior Vice President of HSCI and not any random Honda Dealer that has spoken.
Old 25th July 2011, 22:49   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet@bulbule View Post
pass on the benefit to the customers of Honda City,"
very true. But he had mentioned about the city and not Jazz. They have accepted increased levels of localization; but thats about it. if you go through this thread, you will see that honda has no where accepted that this is a price cut on their behalf. even their facebook page says that this is a scheme by the dealers although we all know that this cannot be offered by the dealer without support from Honda.

I guess honda could not make it official because it would be difficult to raise prices for the facelifted model right after a price cut.
Old 25th July 2011, 23:43   #463
BHPian

I agree with funkyp, vineet. Honda indeed made the discount/price cut official only for the City and not Jazz, mainly because, for Jazz, it was a mere stock clearance to pave way for the new face lifted version.

In another 15-20 days, the new price with the MMC Jazz would be unveiled. Fasten your seat belts.

I am booking 2 Jazz's this Wednesday. Woohoo!!!
Old 26th July 2011, 00:10   #464
BHPian

Quote:
very true. But he had mentioned about the city and not Jazz. They have accepted increased levels of localization; but thats about it. if you go through this thread, you will see that honda has no where accepted that this is a price cut on their behalf. even their facebook page says that this is a scheme by the dealers although we all know that this cannot be offered by the dealer without support from Honda.

I guess honda could not make it official because it would be difficult to raise prices for the facelifted model right after a price cut.

My bad.....didn't read the last word of his comment! Subscribe to all other points you mentioned

Quote:
I agree with funkyp, vineet. Honda indeed made the discount/price cut official only for the City and not Jazz, mainly because, for Jazz, it was a mere stock clearance to pave way for the new face lifted version.

In another 15-20 days, the new price with the MMC Jazz would be unveiled. Fasten your seat belts.

Congratulations on your decision! As for me, I have been a long time Getz Prime CRDi admirer always dreaming to own one. But looks like I will have to give way to my emotions and use my brain to get the best deal on the street currently! I will keep you updated on how my decision shapes up. But don't want to overcloud on what you've decided - Excellent choice at this price, go for it!!!

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th July 2011 at 01:05. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins. Thanks.
Old 26th July 2011, 09:50   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Bookings have already started?? Since i have already paid the booking amount (for the stock clearance Jazz which could not be delivered) i was told by the dealer that they will keep me updated on any development regarding the new jazz. called them after reading your post and they say nothing has been heard from honda, no bookings being taken!

this one month wait is proving to be too hard coupled with the anxiety over the price. Every time a see a Jazz on road i sigh..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks