Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2011, 14:37   #556
BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Looking at the Jazz sales figure.

Units sold in June : 361
Units sold in July : 275

Looks like the 1.75 L discount didn’t mean just to clear the inventory,because anyways Honda would've sold this 275 units without the discount. So if the Jazz sales figure were raising why did Honda give this discount and call it stock clearance discount? Either they want to announce the market and competitor(read Toyota) that even Honda has a hatchback far more superior in quality than some of its competitors or they want to do a start somewhere for the jazz price cut. Either case expecting new pricing to be inline with the Liva top variant.
Old 7th August 2011, 16:10   #557
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
Looking at the Jazz sales figure.

Units sold in June : 361
Units sold in July : 275

Looks like the 1.75 L discount didn’t mean just to clear the inventory,because anyways Honda would've sold this 275 units without the discount. So if the Jazz sales figure were raising why did Honda give this discount and call it stock clearance discount? Either they want to announce the market and competitor(read Toyota) that even Honda has a hatchback far more superior in quality than some of its competitors or they want to do a start somewhere for the jazz price cut. Either case expecting new pricing to be inline with the Liva top variant.
The T-Bhp Monthly "sales sheet" is for Primary Sales (Car Companies to Dealers) and NOT Secondary Sales (Dealers to Customers). That is the reason you do not see the rise in Jazz sales. With the clearance sales, Honda and their dealers have sold all the cars they had lying in stock.

Plus, Honda has made a positive impact and drawn attention towards their "facelift" Jazz.
Old 8th August 2011, 09:31   #558
BHPian

Guys

When i enquired for jazz for my boss, found that there are no stock available with both sundaram honda and olympia honda chennai. Also got information that the new jazz with refreshed interiors is going to be launched before august 17th.
Also got info from dealer that the new jazz base version will be priced such that the OTR price in chennai would be less than 7.2L (without ant cut in safety features).
He also quipped me that the new brio will be launched by september 2011.

Barath
Old 8th August 2011, 09:39   #559
BHPian

Today's article in ET ( Page 4)- Japanese car companies start a price war.

"new Jazz version with an affordable price tag... around 6 lakhs and a lakh less than the previous model" .. The aticle goes on to say" Honda will roll out the Jazz later this month, which dealership sources expect to be around 6 lakhs from 7.12 - 7.80 lakhs"

Hopefully a few more days to go before an announcement is made by Honda now.
Old 8th August 2011, 11:13   #560
BHPian

Around 6 lacs is something fishy. But if the same is true, I am sure there is no turning back. Still now in a dilemma whether to go for the Polo or Jazz. Spending 7 lacs on Jazz is a little bit itching on my palms. Damn, the days are passing away very slowly!!!
Old 8th August 2011, 11:35   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Around 6 lacs is something fishy. Still now in a dilemma whether to go for the Polo or Jazz.
The highline Polo starts at 6.04 lakhs and that version ought to be compared to the Jazz ( personal opinion only). The Jazz is much more spacious than the Polo, has steering mounted controls and thus a slight premium is ok.

Quote:
Damn, the days are passing away very slowly!!!
completely agree with you on this. Since you have already paid a booking amount, am hoping to hear some news from you soon.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:31   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
Today's article in ET ( Page 4)- Japanese car companies start a price war.

"new Jazz version with an affordable price tag... around 6 lakhs and a lakh less than the previous model" .. The aticle goes on to say" Honda will roll out the Jazz later this month, which dealership sources expect to be around 6 lakhs from 7.12 - 7.80 lakhs"

Hopefully a few more days to go before an announcement is made by Honda now.
Here is the link to that article on Economic Times -
Honda, Maruti Suzuki & Toyota start a price war after dip in July sales - The Economic Times

Let us hope their price prediction of 6 lacs comes true.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:49   #563
BHPian

The following are the key changes:

a. Interiors: Beige and Black
b. Blue color - both Light and Navy - is being discontinued. New color is Chocolate - Urban Titanium is the new color.
c. USB Port in all the models
d. Adjustable reclining position to be available for the back seats
e. Driver seat is height adjustable (I think in all the models)
f. Changes to front and back bumpers
g. Select and X are going to continue. Not sure, however as to how many models and variants will be present.
h. It appears that a new model - XMT - is being launched. In this model, the ORVMs will be fully rectractable / foldable similar to some of the other cars such as (I think)i20.
i. New head lights.
j. No ACC, that is what I understand

Coming, as speculated in all other posts, by mid August. I think the changes are really for the good. No info on the prices, though. Let us wait and watch.

Last edited by aaren : 8th August 2011 at 12:59. Reason: Added one more point.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:58   #564
BHPian

@aaren Would love to know the source.
Any info on the prices? Are these changes available on the base model too? I am sure the fully loaded should comes around 7.5 to 8 Lacs. Hmmm.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:59   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post

a. Interiors: Beige and Black
b. Blue color - both Light and Navy - is being discontinued. New color is Chocolate - Urban Titanium is the new color.
c. USB Port in all the models
e. Driver seat is height adjustable (I think in all the models)
f. Changes to front and back bumpers
g. Select and X are going to continue. Not sure, however as to how many models and variants will be present.
h. It appears that a new model - XMT - is being launched. In this model, the ORVMs will be fully rectractable / foldable similar to some of the other cars such as (I think)i20.
i. New head lights.

Coming, as speculated in all other posts, by mid August. I think the changes are really for the good. No info on the prices, though. Let us wait and watch.
Thanks for the info aaren. could you please let us know the source of the same. it is speculation by the dealers or some other concrete information.

Also, do you have a feature list viz a viz models?
Old 8th August 2011, 13:08   #566
BHPian

Quote:

Some of the features mentioned are really useful. By retractable ORVM, guess it means autoretractable at the press of a button. I found this feature pretty nifty in the i20.
Where did you get this information from? If true, its good news.
Old 8th August 2011, 13:13   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

1. Adjustable reclining position to be available for the back seats

2. It appears that a new model - XMT - is being launched. In this model, the ORVMs will be fully rectractable / foldable similar to some of the other cars such as (I think)i20.

3. No ACC, that is what I understand
Thanks for the info ! Option 1 is cool to have. Will make the comfort of rear passengers better.

2 - Are you saying that OVRM will be electric?

3. BIG MISTAKE !! Even products lesser a segment or two are providing this. So if Honda needs to win, it should b loaded with features, especially when its a premium product.
Old 8th August 2011, 13:25   #568
Team-BHP Support

I read that the face lifted Jazz in Malaysia have 3-point seatbelt for the rear-middle passenger as well. Not sure if that is coming along in the India-spec as well.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:02   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thanks for the info ! Option 1 is cool to have. Will make the comfort of rear passengers better.

2 - Are you saying that OVRM will be electric?

3. BIG MISTAKE !! Even products lesser a segment or two are providing this. So if Honda needs to win, it should b loaded with features, especially when its a premium product.
Aaren: ORVM was electric in Jazz. However, in the top end model, the ORVM will become retractable (or foldable). On your other point, , ACC should have been provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Thanks for the info aaren. could you please let us know the source of the same. it is speculation by the dealers or some other concrete information.

Also, do you have a feature list viz a viz models?
Sorry, Funkyp - no I do not have a feature list.

Quote:
@aaren Would love to know the source.
Any info on the prices? Are these changes available on the base model too? I am sure the fully loaded should comes around 7.5 to 8 Lacs. Hmmm.
No authentic information on the price. Hence, would wait until more information emerges.

I got the info from a person who attended a program that Honda had organized to disemminate information about the All New Jazz. Since lot of information is passing around I thought of providing some concrete information. Am just keeping my fingers crossed !!

By the by, some of the photographs of the new Jazz (I think in Malaysia) showed 3 Head rests in the rear. I just hope that this also is part of the deal.

Last edited by aaren : 8th August 2011 at 14:04.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:19   #570
BHPian

Quote:

I got the info from a person who attended a program that Honda had organized to disemminate information about the All New Jazz.
Oh thats surprizing. When i was called by a dealer in mumbai, he had confidently told me that this training session by Honda was to be conducted on the 19th of August and post that he will be giving me the details. Seems like he had no idea that the program had already been conducted.. atleast for a privilaged few.

Electric fold OVRMs is good news indeed. Very helpful in tight parking areas and narrow lanes. I am just hoping the price stay at 7.2-73 OTR Mumbai for the fully loaded version.

Eagerly awaiting some pricing info.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks