Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2011, 12:54   #661
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Posted by mdsaab on the brio thread:

Live from the Honda Dealer.
It seems Brio is confirmed for launch on 15th September.

And the new jazz has already been dispatched to this partucular dealed. Our sales rep promised a few scoop pics when it arrives. New jazz with revised tail lights. Better dash, possible beige interiors. [/b]An AT maybe offered as well[/b]. More details when it arrives.
Jazz to be launched within a week.

I am hoping the AT version story is true. Scoop pics we already have

Swift launched at following prices ex - showroom delhi

Petrol

LXi- 4.22
Vxi - 4.76
Zxi - 5.53

Diesel

LDi- 5.17
VDi - 5.61
ZDi - 6.38

Now with the Zxi priced at 5.53, i dont think honda can afford to have a premium of over 50k. i seriously believe the base model will start at 5.99

Last edited by funkyp : 17th August 2011 at 13:04. Reason: swift pricing added
funkyp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 13:29   #662
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Now with the Zxi priced at 5.53, i dont think honda can afford to have a premium of over 50k. i seriously believe the base model will start at 5.99
+1. I don’t think Jazz is worth a premium more than 50k over swift. Jazz base model below 6L will be a tempting preposition. But…we are talking about Honda here and you never know what these guys will come up with.
Old 17th August 2011, 13:50   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Posted by mdsaab on the brio thread:

Live from the Honda Dealer.
It seems Brio is confirmed for launch on 15th September.

And the new jazz has already been dispatched to this partucular dealed. Our sales rep promised a few scoop pics when it arrives. New jazz with revised tail lights. Better dash, possible beige interiors. [/b]An AT maybe offered as well[/b]. More details when it arrives.
Jazz to be launched within a week.

Swift launched at following prices ex - showroom delhi

Petrol

LXi- 4.22
Vxi - 4.76
Zxi - 5.53

Diesel

LDi- 5.17
VDi - 5.61
ZDi - 6.38

At last - some nice sounding noises on the AT front from a dealer. Thanks for sharing Funkyp. I am praying for it to be true.
And thanks for those Swift price details too.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:13   #664
BHPian

If both Jazz and Brio turn up with AT models, I sure will be spoilt for choice.

Was just about to start working on getting an A* auto by the end of the month considering the 35k offers + exchange bonus but now will wait till Brio is released. Crossing my fingers for an auto transmission in it.

Cheers
Old 17th August 2011, 14:44   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Could you please share the source of your info ?
There isn't much difference in features between models, wonder why x costs 50k more.
X has height adjustable driver's seat and power folding mirrors, not just power operated, I think. And styling bits too. But the smoked alloys in the current version seems to be gone, now there seems to be plain satin finish alloys.
Old 17th August 2011, 15:53   #666
Senior - BHPian

How I wish this car came with a 90 or 100bhp diesel, between 8.5L to 9L onroad. Would be the perfect vehicle for me. Has more than sufficient seating space and boot space.

aK
Old 17th August 2011, 16:06   #667
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
At last - some nice sounding noises on the AT front from a dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
If both Jazz and Brio turn up with AT models, I sure will be spoilt for choice.

Was just about to start working on getting an A* auto by the end of the month considering the 35k offers + exchange bonus but now will wait till Brio is released. Crossing my fingers for an auto transmission in it.

Cheers
Sorry to disappoint all of you but the new Jazz is not coming with an AT/CVT variant. The same 3 variants - Base, Select & X, all manual - will continue to be on offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
How I wish this car came with a 90 or 100bhp diesel, between 8.5L to 9L onroad. Would be the perfect vehicle for me. Has more than sufficient seating space and boot space.
The first diesel recipient will be the City, followed by the Brio. The 1.5L iDTEC is currently under development, and will be tuned for performance for the City, while fine-tuned for FE for the Brio. We shall have to wait and see if they plonk one in the Jazz.

But, that is still at least a year and half away. Possibly early 2013.
Old 17th August 2011, 16:08   #668
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
IMO, Honda should price the Jazz variants in par with Swift since Honda has no diesel vehicles to offer .
Maruti Suzuki has declared now the spilt of vehicles sales between diesel and petrol is in the 80/20 ratio favouring diesel.

Cheers!
Old 17th August 2011, 16:15   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
IMO, Honda should price the Jazz variants in par with Swift since Honda has no diesel vehicles to offer .
Maruti Suzuki has declared now the spilt of vehicles sales between diesel and petrol is in the 80/20 ratio favouring diesel.

Cheers!
How i wish your words come true Maruti will probably have to stop production of the petrol swift!!

I quiet frankly am surprized that Honda has made no effort to churn up excitement for the launch. There is absolutely no info from them. The FB page is also a dud :( Most sites/magazines claim the launch is tomorrow. I have my doubts now.
Old 17th August 2011, 16:17   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The first diesel recipient will be the City, followed by the Brio. The 1.5L iDTEC is currently under development, and will be tuned for performance for the City, while fine-tuned for FE for the Brio. We shall have to wait and see if they plonk one in the Jazz.

If they do in early 2013, that will be great. If it comes with a well powered engine, good features and priced upto 9L, i just might buy it, as i'll be ready to change my car about that time..

cheers,
aK
Old 17th August 2011, 16:34   #671
BHPian

Quote:
The 1.5L iDTEC is currently under development, and will be tuned for performance for the City, while fine-tuned for FE for the Brio. We shall have to wait and see if they plonk one in the Jazz.

Thanks for the scoops on the brochure RavenAvi. Looking forward to more updates on the jazz from you.

If the Brio get ths 1.5iDTEC engine before the Jazz, then you have a car a segment below the Jazz with a more powerful engine and that too from the same manufacturer!
Old 17th August 2011, 16:37   #672
BHPian

I also visited the local Honda dealer in Bangalore and he confirmed that the Jazz will be below Rs 8L OTR. The promised set of feature upgrades is the same as is already listed in this thread.

My family had a look at the old Jazz together with City and the feedback was that Jazz is much better in terms of practicality and city usage as compared to the City. After looking at the old Jazz, the OK decisions on new Fiesta and new Verna is changed to a No . In the hatchback category, Jazz does provide a lot of practical utilities compared to other cars like extra boot space plus an option to increase it even further, good amount of commonly used features, a good height ensuring those with weak bones do not face an issue getting in and out of the car, Honda's reliability and petrol engine etc. I might most probably go for a Jazz when it launches.
Old 17th August 2011, 17:05   #673
Distinguished - BHPian

Message from the official Honda Facebook page -

Quote:
The mystery is finally revealed! It was indeed the Honda Jazz that we have been revealing over the past few days! To know more about the new Jazz, watch this space from tomorrow afternoon!
Launch has been delayed, but don't be surprised if the curtains are taken off tomorrow itself.

Bookmark this - Honda Car India | Facebook

Last edited by RavenAvi : 17th August 2011 at 17:06.
Old 17th August 2011, 17:17   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Message from the official Honda Facebook page -

Launch has been delayed, but don't be surprised if the curtains are taken off tomorrow itself.

Bookmark this - Honda Car India | Facebook
'Watch this space from tomorrow afternoon'. Somehow thats and indication of the launch tomorrow! yay!!

and since the scoop pic was posted (traced the actual poster to carwale, and he is from mumbai) i am inclined to believe that the car has already reached some of the dealer's stockyard.

Praying
Old 17th August 2011, 19:47   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu View Post
My family had a look at the old Jazz together with City and the feedback was that Jazz is much better in terms of practicality and city usage as compared to the City. After looking at the old Jazz, the OK decisions on new Fiesta and new Verna is changed to a No . In the hatchback category, Jazz does provide a lot of practical utilities compared to other cars like extra boot space plus an option to increase it even further, good amount of commonly used features, a good height ensuring those with weak bones do not face an issue getting in and out of the car, Honda's reliability and petrol engine etc. I might most probably go for a Jazz when it launches.
Please do note however, that even though the car is powered by a 90 bhp engine, it does struggle on the highways [you can refer to GTO's official review of the Jazz, for this]. If the Jazz you're considering will hardly visit the highways, then yes, it is a very good hatchback to go for.

The car is absolutely fine for city use and possibly might also return a decent mileage figure [about 12 kmpl, as per reviews].

Whatever you decide, good luck with it.

aK

Last edited by k_ajay : 17th August 2011 at 19:48. Reason: Correction of a typo!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed