Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2011, 20:27   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Please do note however, that even though the car is powered by a 90 bhp engine, it does struggle on the highways [you can refer to GTO's official review of the Jazz, for this]. If the Jazz you're considering will hardly visit the highways, then yes, it is a very good hatchback to go for.

The car is absolutely fine for city use and possibly might also return a decent mileage figure [about 12 kmpl, as per reviews].

Whatever you decide, good luck with it.

aK
Struggling is a vague term.

It depends on how your drive
Honda cars are not good on low end torque but excels as you go higher in the rev range. So, be prepared to change gears for quick response.
If you keep the car above 2000 rpm, the response is good.
And for critical overtakes, keep the car above 3000 rpm and the car flies all the way to the redline of 6700 rpm.
I enjoy a lot while driving the car on open roads and I love the way the Vtec roars at higher revs.

Mileage is excellent and best-in-class. You can refer the ownership review on this forum or autocar.

All in all, this engine is absolutely great with a combination of good power, super refinement and excellent FE and is the best petrol engine available in this class( the Swift with the new K-series engine might be a joint winner).
Old 17th August 2011, 22:03   #677
akp
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Struggling is a vague term.

It depends on how your drive
Honda cars are not good on low end torque but excels as you go higher in the rev range. So, be prepared to change gears for quick response.
If you keep the car above 2000 rpm, the response is good.
And for critical overtakes, keep the car above 3000 rpm and the car flies all the way to the redline of 6700 rpm.
I enjoy a lot while driving the car on open roads and I love the way the Vtec roars at higher revs.
+1.
We have just been back from a trip to Uttarakhand where we took an Innova instead of our Jazz as there were two families travelling. While the low rpm torque together with the gear ratios made it a little easier (compared to the Jazz) to drive in the hills, on the highway it was definitely more sluggish, specially at high speeds. I find my Jazz way more fun compared to the Innova on the highways. So I wouldn't quite go with that `does struggle on the highways' part.
Old 17th August 2011, 22:08   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
It will probably nugde 7.3. The outgoing model was charged some 64k on registration when the exshowroom was 7.7. SO for the new model wil 6.7 i am also expecting the registration to be around 50k.

On a side note, i was reading on the swift thread that Maruti has deferred the release of the swift pricing by one day. On 17th they are going to release it on FB but the pricing announcement will be made on 18th.

How do you think Honda is gonna react since they havent officially made any announcement for a 18th August release. Will they defer it further?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Hmmm my nearby Honda showroom says "probably 1 month" for the launch..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
I just called Whitefield Honda in Bangalore and they told launch is not on 18th August , They do have exact information about the launch date - but could happen in last week of August.
Quote:
Ah this is bad news. called up my dealer too after reading the above posts and he told there is no confirmed news about the launch date. However, he said that the launch should happen by next week.

I am still inclined to belive that the launch will be right on the heels of the swift launch going by the activity by Honda on their FB page and some of the teasers uploaded earlier by scorcher.
there was even a flyer uploaded from pride honda mentioning the launch date as 18th feb. Confusion confusion!
I received an Advertising pamplet enclosed inside my daily newspaper. It had an advertising sponsored by Pride Honda and contained the Front Bumper pic of the ANHJ (rest of the body silhouetted) with the launch date confirming in BOLD as 18th August.
Old 17th August 2011, 22:09   #679
BHPian

Finally some good news from the Honda stable. A launch expected tomorrow afternoon. Sure, Honda would have made their mind in picking the price card after seeing Swift launch and price today.

I wish Honda should see the cancellation rate and then decide their price.

Fingers crossed
Old 17th August 2011, 22:49   #680
BHPian

Quote:
I quiet frankly am surprized that Honda has made no effort to churn up excitement for the launch. There is absolutely no info from them. The FB page is also a dud :( Most sites/magazines claim the launch is tomorrow. I have my doubts now.
The Honda website is still showing the previous Jazz X features
I suppose Honda is betting on Brio to be the money spinner.
Old 18th August 2011, 09:57   #681
BHPian

Guys, the Jazz is being launched today at a special reduced price. My dealer called me for an event starting 2PM, but I am out of town
Please update if anyone else is aware of any more launch details.
Old 18th August 2011, 10:33   #682
Senior - BHPian

There appears to be very little excitement as far as the launch ofhte new Jazz is concerned. Coming as it is in the wake of the new Swift launch yesterday (live video webcase, complete with a dance show et al), the Jazz launch seems to have no publicity at all.

Also, going by the leaked new features reported in this thread, the changes seem to be completely cosmetic, and whats nore, the new grille is pretty ugly, as compared to the cleaner look of the existing Jazz. Guess pricing would be the key ingredient for any degree of success for the new Jazz.
Old 18th August 2011, 10:34   #683
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Many thanks to Sankar for sharing these leaked brochure images with Team-BHP:

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-jazz3.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-jazz9.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-jazz10.jpg
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 10:37   #684
Distinguished - BHPian

The changes are so miniscule to call this a launch and hHnce there is no hype!

Was waiting for this but now am inclined to go the Polo 1.6 way!

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th August 2011 at 10:59.
Old 18th August 2011, 10:49   #685
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely, the changes are pretty small. Guess the people who missed the discounted Jazz will be paying 30k for chrome touches! I think besides the USB in and reclining seats, there is no meaningful change to existing model.

Is the blue colour (both dark and light) discontinued?
Old 18th August 2011, 10:53   #686
Senior - BHPian

So, the new Jazz doesn't really have dual tone- beige interior. All plastics are in black and only the seats/door pads are in beige.
Old 18th August 2011, 10:57   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Absolutely, the changes are pretty small. Guess the people who missed the discounted Jazz will be paying 30k for chrome touches! I think besides the USB in and reclining seats, there is no meaningful change to existing model.

yes both the blue colours have been discontinued.

The only meaningful change probably is the reclining seat and the USB port. The effectiveness of the reclining seat though has to be seen I think the beige interiors will be like the city with the lower part of the dash in beige and the upper half black.

Power retract mirrors in Jazz would also come in handy. Depends on what is the pricing though.

Since the Base doesnt have alloys/parcel tray etc, I expect it to be priced at 5.99 - 6.19 ex showroom.

Select will prob by 6.3 ex. Thats a premium of 30k ove the outgoing model, and may be justified.

Last edited by funkyp : 18th August 2011 at 11:00.
Old 18th August 2011, 11:03   #688

No driver seat height adjustment even in the Select version? That is bad, was expecting it in the select version. I am more than 90% certain of dropping out, I'll wait and watch for now.
Old 18th August 2011, 11:09   #689
BHPian

Thanks Sankar/GTO for the brochure scoop.
The only difference between the Select and X are Auto retractable ORVM, driver height adjust, front fog lamps and tailgate spoiler.

The Base model addtionally misses out on the reclining rear seat, alloys, rear parcel tray. Not sure if the reclining rear seat is really useful or just a gimmick.

Wish they had kept the Blue colour and the habanero red instead of the rallye red.
Anyways lets see what the price points are across variants.

Last edited by sraye : 18th August 2011 at 11:10. Reason: grammar
Old 18th August 2011, 11:21   #690
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Please do note however, that even though the car is powered by a 90 bhp engine, it does struggle on the highways [you can refer to GTO's official review of the Jazz, for this]. If the Jazz you're considering will hardly visit the highways, then yes, it is a very good hatchback to go for.

The car is absolutely fine for city use and possibly might also return a decent mileage figure [about 12 kmpl, as per reviews].

Whatever you decide, good luck with it.

aK
Umm, I'm not sure where you've got that from.

We own a Jazz and we've driven it on the highway, and needless to say, it's quite punchy and responsive as long as you keep it in the power-band. It would do 150 km/h with ease and doesn't require a great deal of time to get there either.

In fact, it's a great highway car. One can achieve phenomenal mileage figures while on highway stints. It's remarkably stable and very silent too. It can seat 4 adults in comfort and even carry their luggage. I don't know of a single hatch (sans the Ford Fusion) that can do this. They usually lack the added boot-space.

SO in many ways, the Jazz is ideal for the highway. However, if one takes it on the highway often, I would recommend them to up-size the tyres. 195 sections will give a better sense of stability and handling as opposed to the stock 175 sections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post

If the Brio get ths 1.5iDTEC engine before the Jazz, then you have a car a segment below the Jazz with a more powerful engine and that too from the same manufacturer!
I seriously doubt the Brio would be powered by the same 1.5 iDTEC lump. Having said that, it might be powered by the same engine albeit in a different state-of-tune. I'm sure Honda would introduce the diesel lump in the Jazz first, before shoehorning it into the Brio's engine-bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post

I'm glad we selected out Jazz in that wonderful Deep Sapphire Blue shade. It's a wonderful colour and it's a pity that Honda has discontinued it. The only thing we're missing in our Jazz is the auto-retract ORVMs and the USB slot.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks