Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 11:25   #691
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Well, this looks like a pretty good move from Honda. To start with, the car always had it share of strengths, but marred by the so called high price tag. The updates mentioned are quite mild, but they do have some ‘new’ features to talk about. If priced right, I personally feel Jazz have some edge over the competitors in the premium petrol hatch space.
Old 18th August 2011, 11:42   #692
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

The features in the new Jazz with new colors does impress (atleast) me. I am in love for the urban titanium and the crystal black. To decide on the same, we need to see them in flesh. Hope the select variant OTR should come below 7L for me to get my hands on it.

Waiting for the launch, Fingers crossed.

UPDATE:

Received call from my ASM and he confirmed that the launch is happening today at Delhi and should start any time, since the head marketing has reached Sundaram. They are awaiting the pricing bulletin anytime from now. He also scooped that the OTR of the Select version comes around 7L, not exceeding it. Brouchers have arrived and the display vehicle would reach them tomorrow.

On the features part, he confirmed whatever has been discussed here and the rear seat recliner is same as their CRV.

2 Rallye red Jazz would come and he confirmed that the delivery can be taken by next week. WooHoo!!!

Last edited by dre@ms : 18th August 2011 at 12:09.
Old 18th August 2011, 12:08   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
Thanks Sankar/GTO for the brochure scoop.
The only difference between the Select and X are Auto retractable ORVM, driver height adjust, front fog lamps and tailgate spoiler.

The Base model addtionally misses out on the reclining rear seat, alloys, rear parcel tray. Not sure if the reclining rear seat is really useful or just a gimmick.

Wish they had kept the Blue colour and the habanero red instead of the rallye red.
Anyways lets see what the price points are across variants.
The brochure says that X will have the Blue & Black Interiors. They looked cool in some of scoop pics earlier shared in the same thread.

The Sapphire Blue & Habanero Red would look smashing on Jazz, sadly Honda doesn't think likewise.
Old 18th August 2011, 12:26   #694
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you, Sankar, for the brochure and many thanks to GTO for the snaps. Jazz AT/CVT fans will be disappointed - sorry guys, but I told you so.

Seems like Select is the way to go, although fans of the reclining rear seats and seat-height adjust will prefer the X. Let's see if my prediction on the prices comes true - if it does then it should be a fantastic VFM package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I seriously doubt the Brio would be powered by the same 1.5 iDTEC lump. Having said that, it might be powered by the same engine albeit in a different state-of-tune. I'm sure Honda would introduce the diesel lump in the Jazz first, before shoehorning it into the Brio's engine-bay.
The 1.5 i-DTEC is the smaller of the two diesels undergoing testing right now, the other one being the 2.2 which is in the next-gen Civic. It will definitely be doing duties in the City in the near future, and in the Brio too, for which it will be down-tuned for FE.

As for the Jazz, if it is still with us after the next two years then it might see the 1.5 D in it. A lot will depend on how Jazz performs in it's second innings starting from today - if it garners decent 4-figure numbers in monthly sales consistently, it will stay and probably get the diesel heart; if it doesn't do well and goes down in sales again, I am pretty sure Honda will discontinue the Jazz in India.

Let's hope that doesn't happen, and Jazz's return into the premium hatchback foray is propelled by decent pricing from Honda. It's the best petrol hatchback available in the country right now, IMO.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 12:31   #695
BHPian

Sad that no auto. I would have definitely preferred an auto Jazz over the city.

Please please Honda, at least let the Brio have it. Else, I have no other option but go for the A*

Cheers
Old 18th August 2011, 12:32   #696
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
T\

The 1.5 i-DTEC is the smaller of the two diesels undergoing testing right now, the other one being the 2.2 which is in the next-gen Civic. It will definitely be doing duties in the City in the near future, and in the Brio too, for which it will be down-tuned for FE.

As for the Jazz, if it is still with us after the next two years then it might see the 1.5 D in it. A lot will depend on how Jazz performs in it's second innings starting from today - if it garners decent 4-figure numbers in monthly sales consistently, it will stay and probably get the diesel heart; if it doesn't do well and goes down in sales again, I am pretty sure Honda will discontinue the Jazz in India.

Let's hope that doesn't happen, and Jazz's return into the premium hatchback foray is propelled by decent pricing from Honda. It's the best petrol hatchback available in the country right now, IMO.
I agree.

However, will Honda introduce the same diesel engine in two cars positioned in two segments (one below the other)? Perhaps Honda will de-tune the 1.5 diesel engine for the Brio and retain the same engine for the Jazz, minus the de-tuning.

They need to differentiate the two cars in the two segments. Having the two cars powered by the same engine may not help them much, I reckon.
Old 18th August 2011, 12:46   #697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I agree.

However, will Honda introduce the same diesel engine in two cars positioned in two segments (one below the other)? Perhaps Honda will de-tune the 1.5 diesel engine for the Brio and retain the same engine for the Jazz, minus the de-tuning.

They need to differentiate the two cars in the two segments. Having the two cars powered by the same engine may not help them much, I reckon.
Definitely.

They don't have anything in development below the 1.5, so it's a definite that both cars will get it come 2013. I am guessing the City will have a higher BHP one while the Brio will have a lower one (fine-tuned for FE, and a difference of at least 20HP, if not more). Again, it will depend on how the City diesel performs in the sales charts, because it will be the first Honda diesel car in line for India.

Or, they might develop a 3-cyl i-DTEC heart (dropping a cylinder in the 1.5) separately for the Brio. Let's see.
Old 18th August 2011, 12:53   #698
BHPian

I do not want to digrace from this thread but what I know from my friends in HSCI, it is CRV, which will get first Diesel heart not City. There will be a MMC ( Minor Model Change) launchfor city in September'11. Most probably it will have some changes in headlight and other minor changes. The experts on this forum can check and confirm this news.

The all all new City model will be launched in year 2013.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:05   #699
BHPian

Hormazd Sorabjee tweets "Face lifted Jazz launched. Jazz S Rs 5.50 lakh; Jazz Select-Rs 5.75lakh; Jazz X Rs-6.06 lakh. Ex showroom delhi. Fantastic value now!"

Its fantastic indeed. The top end OTR might be around 6.75 lakhs. Holy-kaw!!

EDIT:
ABS, airbags for driver/passenger, 60:40 rear seat, electric mirrors and four power windows for the entry variant.
Select gets alloys & rear parcel tray, whereas X gets driver seat adjustment, auto folding OVRMs, spoiler and fogs.

Jazz Select would sell like anything. The most VFM of all.

Last edited by hdnivara : 18th August 2011 at 13:23.
hdnivara is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 13:08   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnivara View Post
Hormazd Sorabjee tweets "Face lifted Jazz launched. Jazz S Rs 5.50 lakh; Jazz Select-Rs 5.75lakh; Jazz X Rs-6.06 lakh. Ex showroom delhi. Fantastic value now!"

Absolutely! I think now the swift petrol will suffer even more. Do we have a list of the features?
Old 18th August 2011, 13:09   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnivara View Post

Fantastic pricing!! i can predict a huge success now for the Jazz. Better than the 5.99 most of us were hoping for!! Honda showroom be prepared for floodgates to open up.

Hurray!!
Old 18th August 2011, 13:16   #702
Senior - BHPian

This is indeed great pricing from Honda for a change. I guess Select version should be around 6.5-6.5L OTR Bombay.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:18   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
This is indeed great pricing from Honda for a change. I guess Select version should be around 6.5-6.5L OTR Bombay.
I doubt. With a 5.75 ex showrrom in delhi, will translate to about 6.2 ex in mumbai. with registration etc, should be about 6.8-6.9 on road. Still almost the same as the discounted prices!

I am not wondering if x is worth the plunge for those gorgeous alloys and driver seat height adjust and auto ovrms
Old 18th August 2011, 13:18   #704
Team-BHP Support

There website is now updated - prices still pending

Honda Jazz
Old 18th August 2011, 13:19   #705
BHPian

New Honda Jazz website is up, but the pricing is not yet updated.

Head up here..

Honda Jazz
Closed Thread

Most Viewed