Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 13:20   #706
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Confirming Hormazd's tweet, prices are out -

Jazz Base - 5.5L. (OTR 6.20L)

Jazz Select - 5.75L. (OTR 6.45L)

Jazz X - 6.06L. (OTR 6.75L)

All prices, ex-showroom Delhi.

Go get your Jazzes, guys!
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 13:20   #707
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Wonderful pricing indeed. Time for some Math now. Can I really buy this over a Swift VDi? A TD would help for sure.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:24   #708
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Definitely.

They don't have anything in development below the 1.5, so it's a definite that both cars will get it come 2013. I am guessing the City will have a higher BHP one while the Brio will have a lower one (fine-tuned for FE, and a difference of at least 20HP, if not more). Again, it will depend on how the City diesel performs in the sales charts, because it will be the first Honda diesel car in line for India.

Or, they might develop a 3-cyl i-DTEC heart (dropping a cylinder in the 1.5) separately for the Brio. Let's see.
Precisely.

I believe that Honda might do the same thing with the Brio's petrol engine. A down-sized 3-pot, 1 litre engine borrowed from the Jazz, or perhaps just a simple de-tune.

I sincerely hope they don't lob off a cylinder in the process. Hondas is known for their refinement and a 3-pot lump will be everything but refined. Besides, leave the 3-potters to Maruti and VW. They're probably better at it!

IMO, what Honda should have ideally done is introduced the new Jazz with the City's 1.5 heart, de-tuned to produce 100 horses, and use the current Jazz's 1.2 in the Brio.

And, I reckon that ATs are the way forward these days. Honda would have done well if they had introduced auto-trannys in their smaller cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnivara View Post
Hormazd Sorabjee tweets "Face lifted Jazz launched. Jazz S Rs 5.50 lakh; Jazz Select-Rs 5.75lakh; Jazz X Rs-6.06 lakh. Ex showroom delhi. Fantastic value now!"

Its fantastic indeed. The top end OTR might be around 6.75 lakhs. Holy-kaw!!

EDIT: Expecting the Select would sell like anything. The most VFM of all.
That is indeed great news.

The new Swift, is, well, new. But it's already in trouble, I say. And so are all the other hatches in that 5-8 lakh price bracket. In terms of space, practicality and refinement, the Jazz is on top of every other car. Looks are subjective, But I'd say it's one of the better looking hatches too.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 13:28   #709
BHPian

Is the pricing confirmed? The website says it isnt updated. The predicted/sourceful prices are real juicy.

How many are gonna book the Jazz here??

Even Honda made mistake in their website..like MSIL did yesterday
Attached Thumbnails
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-jazz.jpg  

Last edited by dre@ms : 18th August 2011 at 13:35.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:30   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Is the pricing confirmed? The website says it isnt updated. The predicted/sourceful prices are real juicy.

How many are gonna book the Jazz here??
I am definately booking it now, once the prices are confirmed. Its the black or silver for me.. wanted the blue/habanero red, but the prices make up for that!!
Old 18th August 2011, 13:33   #711
BHPian

Auto X has just updated from the event.
Jazz S - 5.5L
Jazz Select - 5.75L
Jazz X - 6.06L
The Jazz show car wears Michelin Energy, reclining rear seats, electrically retractable wing mirrors. Thanks to localization level which is now 76%.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:41   #712
BHPian

This is a cool move by Honda. Finally they have realised what it takes to make a mark in India.

Swift/Figo/Polo 1.2/i20/Liva petrols - watch out!!

The base version itself is worth the competition with the standard ABS and Airbag features.

Question - is it worth going for the Select over the Base only for the reclining seats and the rear parcel tray?

Edit 1:

Forget the question above. The Select wears alloy wheels too!!

Last edited by aryasanyal : 18th August 2011 at 13:56.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:43   #713
Distinguished - BHPian

The complete lowdown -

Jazz X - 6.06L. (OTR 6.76L)

The Swift ZXi pricing had a definite impact on the prices of the new Jazz. Good things indeed come to those who wait.

"Why So Serious Now?!"

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-untitled5.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-untitled.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-untitled2.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-untitled3.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-untitled4.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 13:43   #714
BHPian

WOW!!

I mean, more than the minor updates, its the pricing which is "wow"!!
Honda are getting realistic now, and there is no better example than this for "biting the bullet and act on the facts".

I am still trying to digest this news and believe that the pricing is indeed true!

Edit-1:
Just saw the feature list posted by RavenAvi. There is a new feature "Amber Color Illumination" and none of the variants have this! Looks like an error and this is available on all the variants.

Edit-2:
2 Years Extended Warranty + 4 years RSA is not part of the pricing, which I guess was expected at this price!

Last edited by Selective : 18th August 2011 at 13:48.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:47   #715
Senior - BHPian

Super pricing by Honda.

The Jazz (base version) at 5.5L is a steal. And it is loaded as well.

Honda Jazz

Kudos to Honda, all 3 variants are fully loaded in safety & security.

Looking at this pricing, I cannot even imagine what the Brio will do to the petrol hatch market. The bitter pill that Honda swallowed for fixing the City is definitely showing its worth now.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:47   #716
BANNED

Oh man this is crushing news for the Jazz owners who bought their cars before the price cut.

Someone somewhere said the Jazz has snob value. Its now really sob value for them.

A new Jazz at the price they could have thought of selling their second hand ones for.

Cruel joke played by Honda on its loyal customers.
Spitfire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 13:47   #717
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pricing - great value! But... it's a huge disappointment for me that they chose not to have an AT version.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:49   #718
BHPian

Awesome stuff by Honda... How I wish they had got an auto too..

Now can we all imagine what would the Brio cost and how it would kill the bread and butter cars of Maruti...

Cheers
Old 18th August 2011, 13:49   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

IMO, what Honda should have ideally done is introduced the new Jazz with the City's 1.5 heart, de-tuned to produce 100 horses, and use the current Jazz's 1.2 in the Brio.
Definitively tempting specs.
I had asked the Honda ASM on similar lines, to which he responded that if Jazz comes with 1.5 mil engine (in India), then City sales will get impacted & Honda folks does not want to risk with their best selling car. So we are left with 1.2 mil Jazz.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:50   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The complete lowdown -

Jazz X - 6.06L. (OTR 6.76L)

The Swift ZXi pricing had a definite impact on the prices of the new Jazz. Good things indeed come to those who wait.

"Why So Serious Now?!"
Finally, I can peacefully go with the Jazz! Found all the other hatches over-priced and cramped in comparison! Petrol/Diesel is no problem for me, so the only question remains is, whether I should go for the Select or the X!

Not so serious now, is it?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed