Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 16:49   #781
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Very likely.
Better wear the black helmet "Hera Pheri" style and then approach.

I am really feeling bad about the existing owners. They will never forgive Honda.

But I am curious. I agree that Honda was making insane profits on whatever little Jazz they sold. But still there has to be some cost cutting somewhere for this new price. Where exactly? Waiting for some updations on the official review thread of Jazz.
I was thinking about the same too. Cost cutting must have happened some where but I hope there's no such thing.
Because at 5.5lakhs the base version still lacks many features which the competition offers. but the price is justified for the things Jazz has to offer.

We have to wait for the inputs from initial owners.

Just a thought. What if Honda had a diesel engine under that hood and priced it just under a lakh over the petrol. Do you see any other premium hatchback selling :
Thank god! They dont have it!
Old 18th August 2011, 16:53   #782
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpine101 View Post
Just a thought. What if Honda had a diesel engine under that hood and priced it just under a lakh over the petrol. Do you see any other premium hatchback selling :
Thank god! They dont have it!

This price cut has come because of the lack of a diesel engine. Honda needs to survive in the market till the time they have a diesel mill.

Cheers!
Old 18th August 2011, 16:55   #783
BHPian

Lets see how other manufacturers react to this specially VW, Maruti & Hyundai. maybe giving more features in their existing range of hatchbacks, even they are aware that a lot of people in India have a weakness for Honda. bye the way just see how many choices are there in this segment!!!!
Old 18th August 2011, 17:12   #784
Senior - BHPian

WoW! Now we can easily say the Jazz is the best hatchback available in India. I think it's goodbye Polo and i20 (I own a Polo )

'Select' variant is good VFM but why the hell have they put Blue-Black interiors on the top 'X' variant Prefer Beige-black or all black anyday!
Old 18th August 2011, 17:19   #785
Senior - BHPian

Agree with the sentiments, bye bye i20! Jazz had this one fault alone - insane pricing, and now it is cured

I was stretching budget to 5-5.5 for a second hand Jazz. Guess I will stretch it a little more for a new one! And no chance of finding it soon in second hand market either.

RavenAvi (hope got the username correct) - patience is a virtue eh?! So booking a new Jazz or are you considering something else as well?
Old 18th August 2011, 17:19   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnivara View Post
Hormazd Sorabjee tweets "Face lifted Jazz launched. Jazz S Rs 5.50 lakh; Jazz Select-Rs 5.75lakh; Jazz X Rs-6.06 lakh. Ex showroom delhi. Fantastic value now!"
If these are official prices [I'm sure they are now, since it's been confirmed by more than a few members already], then Honda is taking the fight to the Maruti Swift.

Good move. Hope to see more sales of this wonderful car now.

aK
Old 18th August 2011, 17:28   #787
Team-BHP Support

Wow, so many pages of discussion in a matter of few hours! Last time I noticed this much of frenzy pace was with the launch of the new Fiesta. But most of those posts were on the opposite spectrum – on the unexpected high price
It looks like Honda has not done any feature deletion with this new launch (I remember Fabia lost some goodies with the facelift).

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Any suggestion on an equipment level between the Polo1.6 and Jazz X variant?
Have to decide between the two, welcome any thoughts on the same.
I personally feel Jazz should be a better buy here. Some of the pluses are sedan like space, excellent FE, reasonable power, Honda reliability, and the outgoing Jazz had this European-like solid feel to it, which is quite hard to find in Japanese cars. And, if I am a buyer for VW petrols, I will wait for yearend / early next year as we may get the 1.2/1.4 TSI motors in India.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:35   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Umm, I'm not sure where you've got that from. .
It's mentioned in the very same post you've quoted. From GTO's review of the Jazz. It's there to refer to, in the Official car review section.

But of course, if the car is able to perform well in the highway too, then good for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
In fact, it's a great highway car. One can achieve phenomenal mileage figures while on highway stints. It's remarkably stable and very silent too. It can seat 4 adults in comfort and even carry their luggage. I don't know of a single hatch (sans the Ford Fusion) that can do this. They usually lack the added boot-space.
What? You're not aware of any other hatchback that can be remarkably stable, have great highway manners, is also silent, seat 4 comfortably and carry 300 litres of luggage? I invite you to drive my Fabia '1.4 petrol' to confirm the car can satisfy all of this. What the fabia cannot do, is return very high fuel efficiency. What it can do, is trip most hatchbacks in top speed. The stability, handling and highway manners are the most strongest points of this car.

In any case, I'm happy to see reports of Jazz doing well on highways and returning high mileage. I've always known of the other advantages of this car [including largest bootspace in a hatchback]. This could potentially be my next car.

Cheers,
aK
Old 18th August 2011, 17:36   #789
BHPian

OTR Prices of New Jazz @ Indore:

Base : Rs. 6.21 lacs
Select : Rs. 6.49 lacs
X : Rs. 6.84 lacs

While Jazz was always the 1st choice, still did a TD of Etios couple of days back. With some key features available on Jazz (Electric ORVM + Recractable in X variant), and with the tempting prices, most likely will be plonking for a Jazz. Tomorrow should be taking a look at the new avatar of Jazz and then going forward. Key features that am looking for: quality interiors, good sound insulation which are available in Jazz. Space is common to both while Etios has lots of space especially in the rear. Will keep posted.
aaren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 17:38   #790
BHPian

My Ritz VXI ABS/i10 buying is on hold now.
Dang, I think I can squeeze a Jazz base version at ~5L price tag from CSD.
Just waiting for CSD ban on cars to be lifted.

Tempting, very tempting pricing indeed.
Yay to competition .

Last edited by acroback : 18th August 2011 at 17:49. Reason: No edit for newbies :(
Old 18th August 2011, 17:41   #791
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
RavenAvi (hope got the username correct) - patience is a virtue eh?! So booking a new Jazz or are you considering something else as well?
Indeed, Ani buddy.

Like I keep saying, "good things come to those who wait".

Now with this fantastic pricing, the Jazz has suddenly become the best VFM petrol hatchback you can buy with your hard-earned money in the country today. If you have saved enough and are on the lookout for a hatch, look no further. Shut your eyes and book a Jazz. I promise you will never regret your decision.

For those of you who are wondering how Honda managed to bring down the prices so drastically for the facelift, this is what Mr. Seki Inaba, Director Marketing, Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. had to say -

Quote:
“During the past couple of years, HSCI has focused a lot on localization and cost down activities for our volume models through the R&D function in India. The new Jazz with its attractive pricing will surely appeal to the customers and expand on customer base of the Jazz.”
Of course, we all know the premium Honda commanded of their cars. But it is also true that the localisation levels of the City and the Jazz have been raised to 85% and 88% respectively (from 73% and 76% respectively), hence the reduction in price. Don't forget that this also made their unspoken discounts on the Jazz (of upto 1L) official. So the final Ex-showroom prices should not be too surprising.

And it might be a little premature to write off the new Swift, Polo, i20 and the others in the competition. I am sure their company honchos might be sitting down right now and furiously brainstorming on how to reposition their respective premium hatchback offerings. I am sure, with the festive season ahead, Hyundai and VW will bounce back and take the fight back to Jazz's corner. More so Hyundai, now that the i20 petrol is suddenly in severe threat of dropping sales like ripe coconuts from the tree.

Wait and watch.

SLIGHTLY OT - As for me, I have decided to wait a little further. The City has caught my fancy lately (thanks to all the wonderful ownership threads by charthom, mdsaab, RemingtonSteele, Bluevolt, etc.), and the new City facelift is due after the Brio launch. Jazz's prices are here to stay, so there's no harm in waiting a little further and see if Honda surprises us again with the prices of the City facelift. Fingers crossed. ;-)
Old 18th August 2011, 17:46   #792
BHPian

Like most of you here, I've shared a similar opinion of the Jazz. Highly competent, badly priced. With the price neutered, the Jazz seems to be a very juicy proposition.

There are 2 things I am pondering over though:

1. Emotions of the current Jazz owners. I am sure they want to do this ->

2. How does the price cut take the fight to the New Swift?

Honestly if I was in the market for a petrol hatch, my money would most certainly be on a Jazz. A red one!!
Old 18th August 2011, 17:49   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
SLIGHTLY OT - As for me, I have decided to wait a little further. The City has caught my fancy lately (thanks to all the wonderful ownership threads by charthom, mdsaab, RemingtonSteele, Bluevolt, etc.), and the new City facelift is due after the Brio launch. Jazz's prices are here to stay, so there's no harm in waiting a little further and see if Honda surprises us again with the prices of the City facelift. Fingers crossed. ;-)
It seems like I will have to bring out my 30K Jazz review to bring you back into non City territory. But honestly speaking, I couldnt be bothered any less about Honda sales
No offence meant to you buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
None taken, my friend.
I feel bad for you, Adi and many others who bought the Jazz, specially within the past one year or thereabouts on that very inflated price. I was just thinking of all those Jazz owners who bought their Jazzes in April-May 2011 - they must be utterly crushed right now.
Well, I bought mine preowned a few months ago but obviously paid the premium to the first owner (who must be full of glee at the timely sale!) The worst part for me is the reaction at the showrooms, they actually find it funny. Dont be surprised if you see a news article soon about some SA being slapped somewhere for trying to pass a funny comment.
No more comments from me till I see something from Honda about putting their customer first. Or perhaps they only mean prospective customer.

Last edited by selfdrive : 18th August 2011 at 18:07.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 17:56   #794
BHPian

Wow !! This is excellent pricing from Honda. Finally they have done justice to the most practical hatch in the country. AT would've been a welcome addition.
Jazz S is super VFM now.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:57   #795
BHPian

Wow!... mouth watering prices indeed. In my opinion, it seems such a better option than a sedan now, given the pricing and the utility of the vehicle.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed