Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 12:16   #871
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Localization is evident from the fact that the MID's are available in Amber colour. Same as Punto / Swift. I like the original MID display of Jazz which was in cool blue.

Not to be offensive, but does the Jazz X front grill make the Jazz look like a Frog with a tongue ?

Last edited by snorting bull : 19th August 2011 at 12:23.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:19   #872
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Got an SMS from a Dealer -
"The all - new Honda Jazz Select at 5.82 lacs only! Please call .... to book yours today!"

These are Bombay prices.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:21   #873
BHPian

Hi - One very quick questions - Did anyone actually see the new version launched ? Any areas where cost cutting is seen when compared to the previous version ?
Old 19th August 2011, 12:30   #874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
What I meant in my previous post (kindly check it up) is that IF Honda had offered a no-frills Jazz with only PS/AC at about a Rs 5L tag (on road), it could have brought in even more visitors and sales to the Honda showroom. Something that Figo did to Ford.
There are several reasons why they dont want to do that.. Brio positioning is one aspect.. Production contraints could be another.. Jazz branding has been "premium" from day-1 and they may not want to mess around too much with that.. Etc..

But having said that, they have indeed left space (feaure and thus price-wise) to get a lower variant too Smart thinking!
If Brio doesnt suceed (for whatever reasons), we might get these!

Imagine a variant with no air-bags/ABS at 50K less, and one with just ABS at 25K less of the current base.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:31   #875
BHPian

This is a pricing coup that has the potential to blow the competition away! I am still rubbing my eyes!! Honda now ought to bring awareness through media blitzkrieg about the new affordability of the so-far-out-of-the-reach Jazz. Or would they prefer to have the word gradually spread through word of mouth?

Can someone share if there are any significant cost cutting measures in the facelifted Jazz as compared to the old one. Do the interiors appear equally classy? Are the magic seats still availble? Any other important observations in terms of features / build quality? I am hoping that the facelifting has not resulted in any toning down of the skin and flesh!

In any case, Jazz will significantly jazz up the numbers for Honda. Is it willing to up the ante further?

I may be against the general flow on the forum, but I believe that if Honda really wants to play the numbers game, it should bring in Jazz, and maybe City too, with baser variants sans safety features to broadbase the appeal. I know there are expressions around! And I am all for safety package for myself! IMHO, it's about delivering the customer what he/she wants, as a good number in the country still feels that safety pack is a waste of money.

Last edited by RadiantKarma : 19th August 2011 at 12:35. Reason: typo correction
Old 19th August 2011, 12:37   #876
BHPian

i am huge proponent of the jazz but I am not convinced yet that the Jazz handles better than the swift. the just deceased version of the swift didn't match the jazz on anything but one thing. Handling. it is extremely capable when it comes to stitching a set of curves together at high speed. the jazz is an amazing amazing car (see my glowing review in another thread) that feels so good, that nothing else under 12 lacs comes close.

except for a driver who know what trail braking and apex mean. there the Swift does shine brightest.

the jazz absolutely complete destroys the swift 99.9% of the times. but if some corners come up, the swift is just more fun.

Last edited by Harbir : 19th August 2011 at 12:50.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:45   #877
BHPian

Chennai guys..buckle up. Official prices are out.

Jazz : Rs. 566,000

Jazz Select Edition : Rs. 591,000

Jazz X : Rs. 623,000 (including standard kit)

What is this standard kit BTW ??
dre@ms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 12:50   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Is the price quoted OTR? Why is there no release of the prices for other states? When is it expected?
The prices are up on the website now. ( Base/Select/X)
Mumbai - 5.84/6.10/6.43
Pune - 5.67/5.93/6.25

For the X variant the price includes the Standard Kit.

Edit: Sorry Mods.. posted this around the same time dre@ms was posting the prices. Please remove if redundant

Last edited by sraye : 19th August 2011 at 12:52.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:53   #879
Distinguished - BHPian

Jazz X : 6.06L ex showroom Delhi
Swift ZDI : 6.36L ex showroom Delhi

The confusion just grows. The swift does score over the jazz in terms of cheaper running cost due to the Diesel, Automatic AC, and the reputed Maruti After sales.
It boils down to your running I feel. Less then 1000kms/month: Go for the Jazz. Otherwise the Swift.

BTW whats the FE one can expect in the city with the Jazz?
Old 19th August 2011, 12:57   #880
BHPian

OTR prices for Mumbai

Jazz select- 678547
Jazz x - 714188
4yrs extended warranty 6200
4yrs rsa 4000

Saw the rallye red select today at hallmark Honda on way to lonavala. Too much chrome on the front grill spoils the looks. If nothing else I might have to pick up x only to avoid that! Even the beige is not upto my taste :(
funkyp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 13:00   #881
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone has the OTR prices of Bangalore? Any clue of the waiting period for these.

Cheers!
Old 19th August 2011, 13:06   #882
BHPian

Few minutes back was able to check the prices for Chennai. Now again get the message,

The price section is being updated for this model. Sorry for the
inconvenience.

Even the Delhi prices are removed.

Confusion!!!

Last edited by dre@ms : 19th August 2011 at 13:09.
Old 19th August 2011, 13:21   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Few minutes back was able to check the prices for Chennai. Now again get the message,

The price section is being updated for this model. Sorry for the
inconvenience.

Even the Delhi prices are removed.

Confusion!!!
I can see the Delhi prices. They are still the same.
But yes for my city there is no entry.

HTH
Old 19th August 2011, 13:22   #884
BHPian

There are no Vehicles at the dealer for display or test drive near to where I stay in the suburbs of Mumbai. Surprisingly they are stating that the vehicle would come only by Tuesday. Just casually asked as to what should be the expected waiting, they mentioned 1.5 months. The booking has just started and already the waiting is 1.5 months? I cannot believe this.
Old 19th August 2011, 13:26   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Anyone has the OTR prices of Bangalore? Any clue of the waiting period for these.

Cheers!
Here you go pal..

Jazz : Rs. 564,000

Jazz Select Edition : Rs. 589,000

Jazz X : Rs. 621,000 (including standard kit)

Edit: Oops!!! You were asking the OTR, damn I should go for a eye checkup.

Last edited by dre@ms : 19th August 2011 at 13:27.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks