Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 15:33   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Jazz X : 6.06L ex showroom Delhi
Swift ZDI : 6.36L ex showroom Delhi

The confusion just grows. The swift does score over the jazz in terms of cheaper running cost due to the Diesel, Automatic AC, and the reputed Maruti After sales.
It boils down to your running I feel. Less then 1000kms/month: Go for the Jazz. Otherwise the Swift.

BTW whats the FE one can expect in the city with the Jazz?
Hi drmohitg,

I just thought I'd help with what I've learnt so far. I've been glued to the Jazz ownership reports ever since the news of refreshed Jazz and reduced prices broke on the internet.

What I've learnt, that I never knew earlier, is that the Jazz has poor low end torque [grunt] and needs to be revved hard beyond 2200 rpm [and be kept in the rev band] to extract it's peak power. The benefit of this is that in the city, owners who usually won't find opportunities to revv hard in bumper-to-bumper traffic, as an end result, see their Jazz return excellent fuel efficiency figures. Over the 7-9 Jazz ownership threads i've read in the last 2 days, I've only seen owners quoting between 14-16 kmpl of mileage in city/urban driving conditions and between 18-21.5 kmpl as highway runs return.

I don't know of any other hatchback, with similar propotions, returning this kind of efficiency for a petrol. Now agreed, that the diesel will return mileage a little in addition to this, but I'm not entirely convinced, you're going to see between 16-19 kmpl out of a diesel swift in the city and over 20 kmpl from the same car, on highways. Most swift diesels I've seen on my state-to-state runs, only rip the car beyond speeds of 120. So, it's debatable that you'll get great efficiency from the Swift diesel, beyond what the Jazz can give you from it's petrol, the same conditions kept in check.

Honda after-sales has also mostly been a non-issue for most owners. That is not to say there aren't troublesome service centers for Honda, as the same could be said of Maruti. But Honda is very reactive to customer issues, so I believe Honda a.s.s. should not be a problem as it's well established in India.

As most member friends here woulde say, test drive both the vehicles and decide, with your heart.

Good luck.

aK
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 15:41   #902
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
OTR prices for bangalore are as follows:

Jazz S: 6,76,000
Jazz Select: 7,06,000
Jazz X: 7,42,000

The dealer still doesn't have the exact break-up between ex-showroom, road tax etc. Should be available by evening is what i was told
Hyundai i20 Asta: 7,09,170 (approx)- Will get hit, Select is a like to like and even the X version is just 30K more
Sportz 1.2 BS-IV 6,59,165- Again directly pitched against the Jazz S - even though the Jazz S is the BASE model, the features in that like ABS and Airbags are better!

VW Polo 1.2 Highline : 7,35,484 (approx)- HUGE hit to this one for sure
I don't think those opting for 1.6 Polo will like to settle for a 1.2 engine so maybe that versions takers will still opt for it.
Nothing else can be compared as Punto is ruled out ( diesel sells much more)
Fabia petrol prices
New Ambiente 1.2 MPI 5,98,545
New Elegance 1.2 MPI 7,00,354.

Last edited by mkh : 19th August 2011 at 15:44.
Old 19th August 2011, 15:52   #903
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Hi drmohitg,

Over the 7-9 Jazz ownership threads i've read in the last 2 days, I've only seen owners quoting between 14-16 kmpl of mileage in city/urban driving conditions and between 18-21.5 kmpl as highway runs return.
But what I don't get is that the ARAI figures for the Jazz as listed on the website is 16.7kmpl. How can people get more then that in real life?

Swift Diesel should return 15-16kmpl in city traffic right?
Old 19th August 2011, 16:27   #904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But what I don't get is that the ARAI figures for the Jazz as listed on the website is 16.7kmpl. How can people get more then that in real life?

It's quite possible.
I do not know what the ARAI figure for the ANHC is.
But i have been completely blown away by the superb mileage i am getting so far.
It all depends on your driving technique, a few BHPians can teach these ARAI folks a thing or two
Old 19th August 2011, 16:27   #905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
OTR prices for bangalore are as follows:

Jazz S: 6,76,000
Jazz Select: 7,06,000
Jazz X: 7,42,000

The dealer still doesn't have the exact break-up between ex-showroom, road tax etc. Should be available by evening is what i was told
With these prices, surely Fabia petrol is hit and the 1.2 Polo would also be affected. Those considering the 1.6 Polo, will definitely not prefer the Jazz anyway, as it isn't very powerful through the rev bands..

Good prices. I only wish Honda would have brought in the ACC and a driver's armrest, which is available internationally. Would have completed the package. This is now a potential next car.

Quote:

Well, please don't go exactly with ARAI figures. They can merely be held as a reference or yardstick. ARAI figures aren't the maximum mileage one can achieve; it's the mileage achievable by the car. An owner's respective mileage depends on how the car is driven.

What surprised me, is when Jazz owners rip their cars beyond 3000-3500 rpm [which is what it takes to move this car on the highways], the mileage figures do reduce, but not by a huge margin.

The Jazz in particular, when driven with a light foot, seems to return amazing fuel efficiency, as I've read in owner's long term review threads.

I'm not sure of the Swift diesel's fuel efficiency figures, but what I've heard is when driven moderately, one can expect 15 kmpl in city and 18 kmpl on highways, as an average.

aK

Last edited by Eddy : 19th August 2011 at 16:39. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 19th August 2011, 16:34   #906
Senior - BHPian

What about the quality of plastics and materials used and the overall fit and finish of the product? Honda isnt used to giving out its products at these prices. There definitely has to be some areas where Honda must have tried to save some costs.
Old 19th August 2011, 16:37   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
What about the quality of plastics and materials used and the overall fit and finish of the product? Honda isnt used to giving out its products at these prices. There definitely has to be some areas where Honda must have tried to save some costs.
I had the same doubts as well. But some owners (adimicra) have compared it with their Jazz and have confirmed that the quality has not deteriorated. Commendable job by Honda
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 16:42   #908
BHPian

Got the OTR prices for Chennai.

Select: 6.8L
X: 7.12L

Comes with 2 years warranty and if one needs the 4 years, we need to shell out Rs.10200

ASM is still working out the calculations so not able to provide the complete breakup.
Car is yet to be unloaded, so not able to view in flesh. Hopefully should start drooling at it tomorrow.
Old 19th August 2011, 16:42   #909
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
The response on this thread is magnificent.
The pics i posted have already gone 3 pages back.
comparing that to the Jetta thread which was moving really slow.
So i am guessing people have a lot of interest in the Jazz.
It was just the price which kept people away.
Now with Honda correcting that, i see good times ahead for them.
From my 1.5 years in T-Bhp, I have noticed that Honda and Ford threads are the fast moving ones. The reactions are always fast paced - whether it is flowers or brickbats

Quote:

I am not sure of ARAI figures, but even the 1.5L Jazz is known to be extremely fuel efficient internationally. So I expect the 1.2 to do even better.

And I think ARAI folks should checkout Mdsaab's City thread for some tips
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 16:45   #910
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys so like can I safely assume to get 15kmpl on this car in city driving with the 100% AC? Jazz owners can you please throw some light on this? I am looking to buy a small hatch for the city runs and had shortlisted the diesel swift/ ritz( in case I cant get hold of a swift fast). But suddenly the petrol Jazz has started looking like a very good buy. Also how ever much Maruti improves they still can't match Honda's quality. We have a NHC at home and love it.
Old 19th August 2011, 16:47   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms
Got the OTR prices for Chennai.

Select: 6.8L
X: 7.12L

Comes with 2 years warranty and if one needs the 4 years, we need to shell out Rs.10200

ASM is still working out the calculations so not able to provide the complete breakup.
Car is yet to be unloaded, so not able to view in flesh. Hopefully should start drooling at it tomorrow.
The 10200 must be for 4 years extended warranty and 4 yrs RSA. that's what was told to me by Arya Honda in Mumbai the breakup being 6200 and 4000. People who want to keeps costs down can skip RSA I think.

OTR prices also that I was quoted was similar to that in chennai which is quiet suspicious. Mumbai usually is higher. Let me check again
Old 19th August 2011, 17:05   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Guyz,
I gave my car for servicing today morning and had the chance to see the new Jazz.
All the new Jazz were the Select variant only.
Here are the observations w.r.t the old one -
  • There is chrome on the front grill and at the rear too below the hatch glass which looks absolutely hideous. I would recommend people to consider the base variant or the X variant, which does not have the chrome overdose.
  • The interior quality is same as before, top notch
  • The beige color is lighter and similar to ANHC. I prefer the old one
  • The MID and the central orange display does not look good IMO
  • The redesigned bumpers look sportier and better than the old one.
  • The seat reclining is a good couple of inches and definitely a welcome addition.
One important thing that I would like to add which has changed the whole interior of the car is the colour of the internal cladding on A, B and C pillars.

Earlier the colour was grey and now it has been changed to beige.

Earlier Version with Grey cladding.
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-img_7281.jpg

Present Version with beighe cladding.
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-interlargepic01.jpg

I like earlier version more.
rutvij is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 17:13   #913
Senior - BHPian

Why it is so difficult for Honda to make a electronic 'fresh air re-circulation' control? While people are complaining about the lack of ACC, I was hoping that the new Jazz will not have a mechanical slider.
Old 19th August 2011, 17:26   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Why it is so difficult for Honda to make a electronic 'fresh air re-circulation' control? While people are complaining about the lack of ACC, I was hoping that the new Jazz will not have a mechanical slider.
It has mechanical slider as you can see from comparing above pictures.
Old 19th August 2011, 17:32   #915
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
It has mechanical slider as you can see from comparing above pictures.
That is precisely what he is complaining about!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed