Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 17:32   #916
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Why it is so difficult for Honda to make a electronic 'fresh air re-circulation' control? While people are complaining about the lack of ACC, I was hoping that the new Jazz will not have a mechanical slider.
I guess they will have to start with ACC in the City first, which being a segment higher still does not have it.

The mechanical slider is sometimes not a bad thing. I have seen the electronic fresh air/recirc. control in my Swift toggle between the two modes when ACC is on Full Auto mode. A mechanical slider would have eliminated this toggle. Having said that, the toggle phenomena isn't applicable to every ACC equipped car.
Old 19th August 2011, 17:33   #917
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

I have booked the swift Zxi. I am seriously thinking of cancelling and going for the Honda Jazz.How does the Jazz compare in the fun factor? i think on all other aspects it is far ahead of the swift.
Old 19th August 2011, 17:39   #918
Senior - BHPian

the new jazz is very very tempting at the new pricing , packed with features.
I was in the market for a petrol car i would book the new jazz eyes closed.
How is this going to affect the used car price? how much would a 2009/10 jazz cost in bangalore
Old 19th August 2011, 17:39   #919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
The 10200 must be for 4 years extended warranty and 4 yrs RSA. that's what was told to me by Arya Honda in Mumbai the breakup being 6200 and 4000. People who want to keeps costs down can skip RSA I think.

OTR prices also that I was quoted was similar to that in chennai which is quiet suspicious. Mumbai usually is higher. Let me check again
I got this quotes from Arya Honda:
Jazz - 6.48L
Select - 6.78L
X - 7.14L

All prices OTR Bombay, did not ask about extended warranty and RSA.
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 17:46   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
the new jazz is very very tempting at the new pricing , packed with features.
I was in the market for a petrol car i would book the new jazz eyes closed.
How is this going to affect the used car price? how much would a 2009/10 jazz cost in bangalore
There is a base Jazz 2010 model 7K on ODO listed in Carwale, owner is quoting 5.8 L. May be you can grab it for 5-5.2 L
Old 19th August 2011, 17:48   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry

Jazz - 6.48L
Select - 6.78L
X - 7.14L

I have a similar quote but I doubt it. 2 reasons:
1. Other dealers don't have a quote. They say this is provisional and may be revised.
2. Chennai has been quoted similar OTR. With octroi in Mumbai prices here should be higher. Hoping the prices quoted is right.

If anyone visits the showroom/calls them, please check of the chrome grill on the select is removable.
Old 19th August 2011, 18:00   #922
Senior - BHPian

Those who disliked the new large front chrome grill, can either go for the Jazz X model, or coax the dealer into exchanging the grill on the Jazz Select model, with the grill on the Jazz X.

The grill on the Jazz X looks better, only IMO.

On the left [grey] is the grill of the Jazz Select model; on the right [red] is the grill of the Jazz X model.

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-jazz_front.jpg
Old 19th August 2011, 18:10   #923
BHPian

I have got quote of Ahmedabad for individual registration as under:

Jazz Standard: 6.26
Jazz Select Edition: 6.53
Jazz X mt: 6.87

Yes they have mentioned "Jazz X mt".
Is automatic in pipeline?
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 18:11   #924
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Why it is so difficult for Honda to make a electronic 'fresh air re-circulation' control? While people are complaining about the lack of ACC, I was hoping that the new Jazz will not have a mechanical slider.
I will take the mechanical slider anyday. The electronic ones on my Laura are set for fresh air mode by default and I have to press the switch for re-circulation every time I start the vehicle after a gap of more that 2 hours so. Sometimes when I forget I am reminded to set it to re-circulation when the smokey smell from the vehicle in the front sneaks in. I thought there would be an option to set it to re-ciruclation by default, but don't think there is.

It may look old fashioned, but I prefer its functionality. Besides it results in one less electronic component that can malfunction.
Old 19th August 2011, 18:22   #925
BHPian

Good news for Honda fans but why does a company/brand make this mistake of over pricing and then slashing the price drastically when sales counter moves towards zero. First it was Fabia, then Aria, City and now Jazz. The ultimate aim of any mass produced car is to sell in numbers and make profit for the manufactuers. Yes - I agree if its Bucatti Veyron or RR or Bentley but any other car including the luxury brands finally the number matters. May be the number differs but it matters.

I really feel pity for the people who bought Jazz at a premium price to be in that exclusive social bracket (thats what Honda projected). I mean what is so premium about it? Please - dont tell me I can fold the seats in 10 different ways. Come on how many Jazz owners do it regularly after the novelty wears off. Either way if I really want to carry goods I will buy or hire a goods carrier. A small car is a small car - at least in India. Be is Jazz, Fabia or Merc A- Class (thats why they don't sell it here) or Swift.

Either way demand for all petrol cars has gone down drastically. Recently I went to enquire about Fabia diesel - the sales person was hell bent on selling me a petrol. He gave me all the stories like
1. How many km usage per day - per month - petrol cost Vs diesel (am never able to understand this logic)
2. Diesel car is expensive to maintain. I asked why - his answer was vague
3. Loads of discount (almost a Lac) on petrol version
4. Ready delivery.
5. Price - Petrol top end = diesel middle version

Blah .. Blah...Phew!

Any way - best of luck to re-priced City and Jazz.
Old 19th August 2011, 18:30   #926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
It has mechanical slider as you can see from comparing above pictures.
That's what I meant. I was hoping that they will get rid of the mechanical slider in he facelift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I will take the mechanical slider anyday. The electronic ones on my Laura are set for fresh air mode by default and I have to press the switch for re-circulation every time I start the vehicle after a gap of more that 2 hours so. Sometimes when I forget I am reminded to set it to re-circulation when the smokey smell from the vehicle in the front sneaks in. I thought there would be an option to set it to re-ciruclation by default, but don't think there is.

It may look old fashioned, but I prefer its functionality. Besides it results in one less electronic component that can malfunction.
I remember that my Fusion used to have that issue. But some electronic control in some cars stay where you set and don't go back to fresh air mode.
Old 19th August 2011, 18:32   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry

Jazz - 6.48L
Select - 6.78L
X - 7.14L

I got the same prices from Arya Honda. test drive car will be available next week. 4 -5 weeks for delivary. no other dealer has given me a quote. however i have the quote from Arya in hard copy. Octroi is around 26348 for X.

Last edited by sraye : 19th August 2011 at 18:36.
Old 19th August 2011, 18:38   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg
But what I don't get is that the ARAI figures for the Jazz as listed on the website is 16.7kmpl. How can people get more then that in real life?

Swift Diesel should return 15-16kmpl in city traffic right?
I verified this when I bought the car, and the sales said, they don't display 2 arai mileage like other brands do. This is an avg of city and highway
Old 19th August 2011, 18:46   #929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom barabar!
I have booked the swift Zxi. I am seriously thinking of cancelling and going for the Honda Jazz.How does the Jazz compare in the fun factor? i think on all other aspects it is far ahead of the swift.
Now this is some news.
While the swift i feel will be the better handler.
The jazz beats it on almost if not all other counts.
My advice. Book the jazz. You will not regret it.
Good Luck!
Old 19th August 2011, 19:00   #930
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
I verified this when I bought the car, and the sales said, they don't display 2 arai mileage like other brands do. This is an avg of city and highway
Which brand shows 2 figures? AFAIK all brands just show one ARAI figure. And generally I used to believe that those figures are not attainable in the real world driving unless you are climbing down a hill all the time. But some Jazz owners here are claiming more then the ARAI figures which is a very pleasant and welcome surprise!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks