Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2011, 16:26   #976
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
There was a Half page ad in the navi mumbai edition of TOI declaring the ex showroom price of the base. Dunno about other cities. I think they have created enough buzz with the prices
Good. I did not see any ads in the Chennai edition of TOI. Maybe since they chose "The Hindu".
Old 21st August 2011, 19:33   #977
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
IMO the body colored front grill and the tailgate spoiler are already available as OE for the Jazz X. Accessory kit should be different (body colored mud flaps, door scuff plates, sporty aluminum drilled pedals,etc.,), but still will not add up to the 8K asked by Honda.
True, was surprised too. But the sales guy has informed thus, seems they are not aware of the features of the car yet .(across variants)

Cheers!
Old 21st August 2011, 20:36   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS

IMO the body colored front grill and the tailgate spoiler are already available as OE for the Jazz X. Accessory kit should be different (body colored mud flaps, door scuff plates, sporty aluminum drilled pedals,etc.,), but still will not add up to the 8K asked by Honda.
From what I heard the 8k is for the front grill and spoiler for x and is NOT optional.

The scruff plates illuminated itself were being sold for 14k earlier. They will definitely not offer that along with other extras for 8k
Old 21st August 2011, 20:49   #979
Senior - BHPian

Just cameback after converting a Swift ZDI, to a Jazz X MT booking. The dealer was Whitefield honda, and the booking amount paid was 50k.The OTR for the Jazz XMT is 7.35, the highest anywhere in the country i guess Waiting time is the worst, at 2 months even for the top end !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
From what I heard the 8k is for the front grill and spoiler for x and is NOT optional.

The scruff plates illuminated itself were being sold for 14k earlier. They will definitely not offer that along with other extras for 8k
+1 to that.
I enquired about the side step garnish and was quoted approx 8k only for the side step garnish, and it definitely is not a part of the Jazz x.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 21st August 2011 at 21:03. Reason: Added OTR
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 21:45   #980
Distinguished - BHPian

For those who are wondering how the new Urban Titanium shade looks like on the ANHJ -

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-bt11auv001.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-bt11auv002.jpg

Fantastic, isn't it?
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 22:21   #981
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
For those who are wondering how the new Urban Titanium shade looks like on the ANHJ -

Fantastic, isn't it?
Looks Good. More like the Sand drift grey on the Magnum. The paint job, fit and finish is top notch.
Old 21st August 2011, 23:40   #982
Distinguished - BHPian

Slightly older news, but it looks like we were not the only country witnessing massive price cuts by Honda -

Honda Australia Cuts Price On Jazz, CR-V, Odyssey, Accord and Accord Euro | Reviews | Prices | Australian specifications

Price cuts in the range of $1400-$2000 AUD on all Jazz models Down Under in June 2011.

How much is that in Indian rupees? Around 66K - 95K. (as based on Exchange Rates)

Also, the following is a response by the Relationships Manager of Honda to an existing customer regarding this price revision -

Quote:
Dear Mr. Anil, This is in reference to your mail received by us on 18th Aug 2011 regarding the revision in prices of Honda Jazz with effect from 18th August 2011. First of all let me thank you for your having chosen the Honda Jazz and reassure you that your decision has indeed been right. With regards to your concern , we wish to share with you that in today's era every organization is making constant efforts to offer its customers products and services which are contemporary and meet their needs and aspirations. In order to achieve the same a number of factors and parameters are to retrospected such as pricing, product specification , sales process , production capacity etc. This is an ongoing process and results in new offerings from time to time. We wish to share that the New Honda Jazz is a result of extensive customer feedback and is in line with Honda's Global vision of creating products that maximizes the joy of customers .Prices have been revised after enforcing considerable cost reduction efforts in supply chain and manufacturing. Honda has been known worldwide for its customer centric approach wherein we try to deliver products in the market which are of highest quality in its segment . We believe in creating a joy of ownership experience for our customers and to be in line with the same , new prices have been rolled out for more customers to feel the exhilaration of buying a Honda which is innovative, reliable and extremely well engineered.
We acknowledge your sentiments and appreciate your patronage with Honda , however we request your kind understanding on the fact that it is only when a company is ready with all the details and more than that it is in a position to share with the customers the product /prices that it intends to introduce. You will also acknowledge that there would be numerous customers who have purchased the car within the same time frame as yours . We appreciate your kind understanding on the same and regret our constraint to honor your requests favorably.
We value having you as our esteemed customer and solicit your kind understanding on the subject.
SOURCE - http://www.facebook.com/HondaCarIndia

Last edited by RavenAvi : 21st August 2011 at 23:44.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 05:43   #983
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Just cameback after converting a Swift ZDI, to a Jazz X MT booking. The dealer was Whitefield honda, and the booking amount paid was 50k.The OTR for the Jazz XMT is 7.35, the highest anywhere in the country i guess Waiting time is the worst, at 2 months even for the top end !!

I enquired about the side step garnish and was quoted approx 8k only for the side step garnish, and it definitely is not a part of the Jazz x.
Congrats Shashank for booking the new Jazz. It is definitely a better car than the Swift. I'm startled at the two month waiting period of the Jazz, that too within a week of announcing the prices. Any information n the number of bookings made for the New Jazz?
Old 22nd August 2011, 07:54   #984
BHPian

Can anyone tell me how the Honda Jazz Base model front grill look like. Yesterday I had a visit to Whitefield Honda and asked the sales guy - he has no idea how the new Jazz base model looks like . Red Jazz select was on display - except the front chrome grill the Jazz was awesome.
Old 22nd August 2011, 08:12   #985
BHPian

^^ The waiting periods are probably owing to Honda's capacity constraints rather than a huge no. of bookings. 6L+ is still a relatively large sum for a petrol hatch.

MSIL has reported that close to 80% of the (50k+) Swift bookings are for the diesel version.
Old 22nd August 2011, 08:28   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Just cameback after converting a Swift ZDI, to a Jazz X MT booking.
============
Congrats Shashank on the booking of new Jazz. Its a gem of a car and after price cut its really attractive. Wish you trouble free ride with Jazz for many years
Old 22nd August 2011, 09:19   #987
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
Can anyone tell me how the Honda Jazz Base model front grill look like. Yesterday I had a visit to Whitefield Honda and asked the sales guy - he has no idea how the new Jazz base model looks like . Red Jazz select was on display - except the front chrome grill the Jazz was awesome.
AFAIK,Base and Select gets the same Chrome grill. The same with the rear chrome too.

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd August 2011 at 09:28.
Old 22nd August 2011, 09:24   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
AFAIK,Base and Select gets the same Chrome frill. The same with the rear chrome too.

Cheers!
As per Honda website and the features discussed earlier in this thread, Jazz S (base) variant gets black front Grille and balck high gloss rear license garnish.
Old 22nd August 2011, 09:27   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
AFAIK,Base and Select gets the same Chrome frill. The same with the rear chrome too.

Cheers!
No. The base version will have just the mesh grill as in the pre-facelifted version of the Jazz and the rear will have a high gloss black finish like in the current x.

Only the select gets this overdose of Chrome. I feel thats because Honda expects it to be the highest selling model and since most Indians love chrome, have plastered the select with it. I wish they had done it a little tastefully
Old 22nd August 2011, 09:38   #990
Senior - BHPian

This is the only petrol hatch i am looking for in my quest for buying a small hatch especially after a the price cut.

Only thing is that i get reminded of this (monster vs alien) giant grub insectosaurus

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-monsters_vs_aliens_560x330_mva052thumb560xauto28665.jpg

when i look at this

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzfacelift2.jpg

Just joking

Last edited by geeash : 22nd August 2011 at 10:01.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed