Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:01   #991
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
Can anyone tell me how the Honda Jazz Base model front grill look like. Yesterday I had a visit to Whitefield Honda and asked the sales guy - he has no idea how the new Jazz base model looks like . Red Jazz select was on display - except the front chrome grill the Jazz was awesome.
Jazz S (Base) front - (black mesh grille)

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-getimage.jpeg

Rear - (black)

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-862.jpg

Jazz Select front - (chrome grille)

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-honda_jazz_ext_9034.jpg

Rear - (chrome)

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-honda_jazz_ext_4965.jpg

Jazz X front - (body colored grille)

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-2011newhondajazz1.jpg

Rear - (Black with better finish)

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-honda_jazz_facelift_launch_14.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd August 2011 at 10:25.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:17   #992
BHPian

The front of the new Jazz X is slightly different as per the brochures.
Attached Images

Last edited by sraye : 22nd August 2011 at 10:18.
sraye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:18   #993
Senior - BHPian

Holla guys,
Had a chance to see and sit in the new Jazz yesterday, no test drives though. I am sure the dealerships will be pleasantly surprised with footfalls in their showrooms post the launch. Even on a Sunday at 11:00 AM the showroom was teeming with people.

My impressions:
The car looks much better in metal than in pictures. The front bumper looks nicely sculpted and does not feel overstyled or messy. The car feels long, this is the first time I’ve seen the Jazz so upclose. Also Honda has taken wheels at each corner to the extreme.

The interiors look functional and of great quality, I have a Civic and could easily relate to it. The steering wheel feels like its been lifted off the Civic barring the thumb rest and leather. The dashboard backlighting is amber and it looked nice. With this face lift Honda has changed the back lighting of the MID and music system display, let me clear it now that it does not look half as bad it does in pictures. So that’s one sigh of relief. There is no ACC but the AC control are smartly laid out and can be easily reached. Moreover, they look nice. Aux-in provision is given in the HU itself while USB is placed in a cubby hole below the gear lever. Honda has provided a cable for it, you just need to attached your pen drive. Or if use an iPod just attach your iPod cable and you are good to go. Not sure if the iPod can be charged.

After that I was overwhelmed by the space and airiness of the cabin. The seats are quite thin, and not as thick as that of the Swift which helps in liberating leg room. Having said that there is no compromise on comfort. The select model has beige seats and door trim. To my inexperienced eye they looked nice and made the cabin feel even bigger. Can’t wait to see the X’s interiors and now it gels.
Adjusted the seats to my driving position and found that there is more than enough space in the rear. That’s such a rarity in hatchbacks, so came away impressed. The power mirror switch placed on the dash which is an unusual position, but I’m sure you will get used to it in no time.

And now to Jazz’ party trick, magic seats. Magic seats they are, with the possible combinations you can easily carry loads of stuff with room to spare. Also tried the reclining seats, the movement of the seat back is barely an inch or so, a welcome feature nonetheless. Over to the boot then, one word “wow”! The boot is better designed than my Civic’s. The loading bay is nice and low, also there are no intrusions. There is even a cubby hole present and a couple of towing hooks. Honda has thought of it all and then some more.
Made 5 people sit in the car and saw that the car does not sag ala Civic. The acid test will be during a test drive that will start sometime next week.

Till yesterday I was bent on buying the Jazz, I still am. Its priced competitively at 7.14L OTR Bombay for the fully loaded X variant. But with the way petrol prices are going up, I am beginning to lean towards the Swift ZDI priced at 7.35L OTR Bombay. I will post my queries regarding this on the petrol vs diesel thread whether diesel is the way to go with around 1K running each month

Net net, if you are looking for a premium hatch with all bells and whistles and are not too bothered by the rising petrol prices look no further than the Jazz. Well done Honda and welcome to the party.

Pic 1: The nose
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-imag0307_1.jpg

Pic 2: The nose 2
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-imag0313_1.jpg

Pic3: Profile
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-imag0308.jpg

Pic 4: Profile 2
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-imag0309.jpg

Pic 5: Rear
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-imag0310.jpg

Pic 6: Console
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-imag0312.jpg

Pic 7: Dash
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-imag0306_1.jpg

Regards

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 22nd August 2011 at 10:44.
hiren.mistry is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:33   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Holla guys,
Had a chance to see and sit in the new Swift ZDI yesterday, no test drives though. I am sure the dealerships will be pleasantly surprised with footfalls in their showrooms post the launch. Even on a Sunday at 11:00 AM the showroom was teeming with people.

My impressions:
The car looks much better in metal than in pictures. The front bumper looks nicely sculpted and does not feel overstyled or messy. The car feels long, this is the first time I’ve seen the Jazz so upclose. Also Honda has taken wheels at each corner to the extreme.
I can see you have got the ZDi and Jazz mixed up when you posted about the Swift ZDi in the first line. By the way, I read your post on the Swift forum as well.

The chrome on the front and at the back is a bit of an eye-sore. I am glad the X does not have any of this. My previous experience with the City was that this chrome strip is prone to thefts more so if it has the Honda logo inbuilt.

I am in the same dilemma as you, contemplating between the Jazz X and the Swift ZDi. The Jazz at the new price is attractive with the kind of space it offers. Low end response and rising petrol prices are the two factors that tilt the scale in the ZDi's favour though. My monthly running is less than 1K/month (since I have a second car) and this makes buying a diesel car more of a premium.

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd August 2011 at 15:53. Reason: Please DO NOT quote large text, videos and pictures as it inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!
fuel_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:37   #995
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Can you shed some light on what the 'Accessory Kit' worth Rs. 8000, comprises of? And can it be avoided by anyone who is buying the Jazz X or it's cumpulsory to take?
I am still puzzled! What is this 8K for, which is not optional? Anyone has more details regarding this?
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:50   #996
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
I can see you have got the ZDi and Jazz mixed up when you posted about the Swift ZDi in the first line. By the way, I read your post on the Swift forum as well.

I am in the same dilemma as you, contemplating between the Jazz X and the Swift ZDi. The Jazz at the new price is attractive with the kind of space it offers. Low end response and rising petrol prices are the two factors that tilt the scale in the ZDi's favour though. My monthly running is less than 1K/month (since I have a second car) and this makes buying a diesel car more of a premium.
Oops! Thanks for highlighting, corrected now.
I am planning to sell off my Civic and just have 1 hatchback as I will be heading out for a year. I don't want to maintain 2 cars and my wife does not want to drive to Civic as it too big and cumbersome within the city. Hence thinking of a good quality hatchback.

You are correct, diesel and petrol price disparity is tilting the balance towards Swift. Even for running of around 1K a month or less the Swift should still work out to be cheaper in the longer run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
I am still puzzled! What is this 8K for, which is not optional? Anyone has more details regarding this?
Regarding the accessory, its a rear spoiler.

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 22nd August 2011 at 10:54.
Old 22nd August 2011, 11:20   #997
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
Standard fitments for the Jazz - body cover, cushion pillows, mud flaps, trunk mat, etc.

Attaching a list of accessories I downloaded from Sundaram Motors' website for the Jazz. Hope you find it useful.

Jazz-accessories.xls
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:04   #998
BHPian

Booked a Jazz X today morning at Whitefield Honda. OTR price is 7.42L. The waiting period is 2 months apparently. Together with me, there were two more who were booking a Jazz. So looks like the reduced price will certainly help boost Honda sales.
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:17   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Standard fitments for the Jazz - body cover, cushion pillows, mud flaps, trunk mat, etc.

Attaching a list of accessories I downloaded from Sundaram Motors' website for the Jazz. Hope you find it useful.

Attachment 597431
8K for all those pillows? And this is not optional? WHY???
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:30   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Attachment 597431
Are these for the outgoing model? Reason I ask is because they mention "Special Package" as Active Kit and Mode Kit and these were for the outgoing model.
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:35   #1001
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Are these for the outgoing model? Reason I ask is because they mention "Special Package" as Active Kit and Mode Kit and these were for the outgoing model.
I think the Active Kit, Select Kit and Mode Kit are still available for the ANHJ as well.
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:38   #1002
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone have information on the corporate discount available on Jazz when booked through company lease scheme?
When last( 20-Aug) enquired dealers were awaiting word from Honda on this.

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd August 2011 at 12:39.
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:44   #1003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Congrats Shashank for booking the new Jazz. It is definitely a better car than the Swift. I'm startled at the two month waiting period of the Jazz, that too within a week of announcing the prices. Any information n the number of bookings made for the New Jazz?
Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Congrats Shashank on the booking of new Jazz. Its a gem of a car and after price cut its really attractive. Wish you trouble free ride with Jazz for many years
Thanks guys Yes i did enquire about the bookings, whitefield honda alone had about 60 bookings in 3 days! Pretty impressive for a 6.8l+ hatch must say. Surprisingly only the Base variant and the Jazz X have a 2 month long waiting period, the Jazz select has a one month waiting period.
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:47   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Does anyone have information on the corporate discount available on Jazz when booked through company lease scheme?
When last( 20-Aug) enquired dealers were awaiting word from Honda on this.

Cheers!
I checked with the dealers on this today and they still havent heard from Honda. I was told that there would be more clarity on this hopefully by tomorrow when they get delivery schedules and other details also.
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 13:26   #1005
BHPian

Volkman10
Dakshin honda sales manager mentioned to me in the range of 2000-6000 (depending on the company as listed with Honda SIEL)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed