Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 13:37   #1006
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyank View Post
Volkman10
Dakshin honda sales manager mentioned to me in the range of 2000-6000 (depending on the company as listed with Honda SIEL)
For Polo 1.6 the discount was 10000 quoted a few weeks back. Is this discount company dependent ? Any norms for the applied discount?

Cheers!
Old 22nd August 2011, 13:45   #1007
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I am planning to sell off my Civic and just have 1 hatchback as I will be heading out for a year.
I am in the same boat and looking for a right deal for my civic. As I am also not in India for at least one year....
Though I really like the car but then it doesn't make sense to keep it parked as my father will never drive it because of its size....
Old 22nd August 2011, 14:24   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu View Post
Booked a Jazz X today morning at Whitefield Honda. OTR price is 7.42L. The waiting period is 2 months apparently. Together with me, there were two more who were booking a Jazz. So looks like the reduced price will certainly help boost Honda sales.
Congrats on booking the Jazz! I booked it yesterday and noticed the pricelist the whitefield honda showroom near cant. station had a mistake and the price is 7.42l Yesterday also i saw about 4 customers who were looking at the jazz along with me. I think in the first month Jazz may do about 3k.
Old 22nd August 2011, 14:31   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I think in the first month Jazz may do about 3k.
I can see the Jazz denting the City sales at this price level. D-Zire & Etios sales too will be affected.
Old 22nd August 2011, 14:40   #1010
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyank View Post
Volkman10
Dakshin honda sales manager mentioned to me in the range of 2000-6000 (depending on the company as listed with Honda SIEL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Regarding the accessory, its a rear spoiler.
Whitefield Honda says the corporate discount on Jazz is 8k.

And the accessory kit for 8K on the Jazz X is for the spoiler and fog lamps. I dont think the fog lamps is priced so low - the one on the City was being sold for 21K (not sure how much it was for Jazz) , so I fail to understand how they are giving the spoiler AND the fog lamps for 8k.

They have the red 'select' in the display and had a Urban Titanium Select in their service center being readied for display. Having seen both the red and UT, I feel the chrome grill on the red is a total eye-sore, however, it didnt look all that bad on the UT - that is for the front, but the bad looks pretty overdone on both shades.

Delivery timelines for any variant is a minimum 4 weeks.

Cheers
Uday
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 14:58   #1011
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Got a call from WH - whiefield and was informed on a discount of 5000. Which dealer are you referring to, offering 8000 as discount?

Cheers!
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:06   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post

And the accessory kit for 8K on the Jazz X is for the spoiler and fog lamps. I dont think the fog lamps is priced so low - the one on the City was being sold for 21K (not sure how much it was for Jazz) , so I fail to understand how they are giving the spoiler AND the fog lamps for 8k.

They have the red 'select' in the display and had a Urban Titanium Select in their service center being readied for display. Having seen both the red and UT, I feel the chrome grill on the red is a total eye-sore, however, it didnt look all that bad on the UT - that is for the front, but the bad looks pretty overdone on both shades.

Delivery timelines for any variant is a minimum 4 weeks.

Cheers
Uday
Uday can you please post pictures of the Jazz in Urban Titanium. None of the showrooms in Mumbai have anything apart from red select on display. I have to decide between the white and UT

The 8k is for the spoiler and front grill and are mandatory with the X. the fog lamps for the jazz were for 16-17k if taken at the showroom
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:15   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Got a call from WH - whiefield and was informed on a discount of 5000. Which dealer are you referring to, offering 8000 as discount?

Cheers!
Was there yesterday at Whitefield Honda (Whitefield branch) and got the details from them. It is possible, they may have a different rate depending on the company (Honda has segregated certain companies in Platinum, Gold and Silver categories). Planning to check with Dakshin and Magnum as well, just to ascertain what is the actual amounts. You see, the corporate discount given by Honda is shared 50-50 by the dealer and Honda...so invariably, the dealer just passes on the Honda discount to the customer, unless you are aware of the exact amount / know someone at the dealerships.

Funkyp, the UT colour is definitely more classy and the chrome front didnt look all that out of place on it. Since it was in their yard getting ready, I didnt click any snaps, will try to get them tomorrow as they were going to put it up for display as well.

Cheers
Uday
uday.ere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:24   #1014
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Uday can you please post pictures of the Jazz in Urban Titanium. None of the showrooms in Mumbai have anything apart from red select on display. I have to decide between the white and UT

The 8k is for the spoiler and front grill and are mandatory with the X. the fog lamps for the jazz were for 16-17k if taken at the showroom
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2476164

If you go two pages back, you'll find RavenAvi's post.

The Jazz in Urban Titanium is absolutely stunning. The best colour to go for if you are ever considering this car.
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:25   #1015
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like this - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...g-56-a-66.html

Scroll down.

EDIT - Oops! Suhaas beat me to it!
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:27   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Hi Raven. Already saw your post yesterday and liked it, hence i want to see how it will look on the INDIAN version with the chrome grill/x sports grill and the beige/blue black interior.

I personally feel the UT colour with the blue black fabric trim on the x may not gel well. Has to be seen.
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:28   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu View Post
Booked a Jazz X today morning at Whitefield Honda. OTR price is 7.42L. The waiting period is 2 months apparently. Together with me, there were two more who were booking a Jazz. So looks like the reduced price will certainly help boost Honda sales.
Hey, Congrats on booking Jazz. Could you please confirm the booking amount? Is it 50k or 1lac with Whitefield Honda? Magnum is demanding 1 lac from me.
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:35   #1018
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Raven. Already saw your post yesterday and liked it, hence i want to see how it will look on the INDIAN version with the chrome grill/x sports grill and the beige/blue black interior.

I personally feel the UT colour with the blue black fabric trim on the x may not gel well. Has to be seen.
The Select with it's biege interiors should be a stunning looker with the UT shade. As far as chrome goes, it will definitely look as overdose. The UT looks best with the black mesh grille of the S (Base).

Like you said, the X with it's blue-black interiors might not appeal as much. The UT looks best with lighter-colored interiors. Still, let's wait and see.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd August 2011 at 15:37.
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:42   #1019
BHPian

I had recently bought an Etios and the 3 other cars in my consideration were City, Jazz and Micra-Diesel. City was way above my budget even after the price correction. Micra-Diesel did not have ABS. Jazz had everything I expected in a car but came at a price that was tough to justify for a hatchback. Had Honda done this price correction a bit earlier, I would have certainly bought a Jazz.

Now, Honda has another worry. All existing Jazz owners are likely to feel let down by this huge price cut (this is huge unlike the relatively moderate drop in City). Honda should take proactive steps to please their existing customer base who had paid a huge premium for the same car till a month back.
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:45   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Select with it's biege interiors should be a stunning looker with the UT shade. As far as chrome goes, it will definitely look as overdose. The UT looks best with the black mesh grille of the S (Base).

Like you said, the X with it's blue-black interiors might not appeal as much. The UT looks best with lighter-colored interiors. Still, let's wait and see.

You said it Raven, the UT is a very classy shade on the Jazz and the beige interiors gelled well with it. The chrome on the front is more palatable on UT than Red, but the one on the back is a total eyesore..would make sense to go for the base model mesh grill or the sporty one of the X.

Cheers
Uday
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed