Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:41   #1051
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaks15 View Post
Lets call it SPHJ (Sensibly Priced Honda Jazz)

Can any one tell me whether I can get CNG fitted in the jazz?
And also are the Delhi dealers offering the same. I heard from a friend that a dealer at gurgaon had said he can get the cng fitted from him and would give him a warranty on his part, can he do that??
LOL! not only do i love that abbreviation, but i am pretty sure the whole Honda Sales team would love it too.
The fuel economy of the Jazz is pretty decent, do you still need CNG?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
oops.. sorry . Should have read your post more carefully. Thanks for clarifying.
No Problemo mate.
Old 22nd August 2011, 23:14   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
LOL! not only do i love that abbreviation, but i am pretty sure the whole Honda Sales team would love it too.
The fuel economy of the Jazz is pretty decent, do you still need CNG
My friend has long intra delhi/ncr running , he wants to go for a vehicle that does not give him issues with CNG. The guy is totally in love with the SPHJ , only issue is never really heard of anyone having a jazz with cng prime reason for which might be till now jazz had been a rich boy's toy.

So i asked whether it is sensible to have CNG fitted in a jazz and if yes should he pay that dealer around 70k for the same or get it done by outside at around 27k
Old 22nd August 2011, 23:54   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
This is the only petrol hatch i am looking for in my quest for buying a small hatch especially after a the price cut.

Only thing is that i get reminded of this (monster vs alien) giant grub insectosaurus

Attachment 597356

when i look at this

Attachment 597357

Just joking
hahaha . can't stop laughing at this.

Me and my father visited capital honda ,sundaram motors today.Both the dealers ask 6.8L and no discount or freebies what so ever.waiting time is 1.5 to 2 months

My father was very much impressed.On the looks front his first impression was "It looks like a gaint bug". Thats when i got reminded of the post from geeash.

Chennai guys who made their booking please shed some light on the price at which your deal was closed?
Old 23rd August 2011, 00:47   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
I can see the Jazz denting the City sales at this price level. D-Zire & Etios sales too will be affected.
+1

Looks like many cars, especially top end variants, will be affected. City, Dzire, Etios, Liva, Swift (petrol part), i20, i10, polo, micra etc.etc. Would not be surprised if Jazz manages to clock 3000+.

Last edited by SunilM : 23rd August 2011 at 00:48.
Old 23rd August 2011, 09:15   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My friend has long intra delhi/ncr running , he wants to go for a vehicle that does not give him issues with CNG. The guy is totally in love with the SPHJ , only issue is never really heard of anyone having a jazz with cng prime reason for which might be till now jazz had been a rich boy's toy.

So i asked whether it is sensible to have CNG fitted in a jazz and if yes should he pay that dealer around 70k for the same or get it done by outside at around 27k
Though a diesel car may be a better solution.
Fitting the Jazz with a CNG can always be an option.
But one thing you must confirm is that the I-VTEC should not have any issues with CNG.
I have no experience with CNG or their fitment, so actually not really qualified to comment on this.
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:34   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
But one thing you must confirm is that the I-VTEC should not have any issues with CNG.
I have no experience with CNG or their fitment, so actually not really qualified to comment on this.
I have seen few Jazzs lined up at some of the CNG filling stations in Bopal, Ahmedabad last July. To my suprise, I also found many Civics/ Accords and few sonatas too lined up for CNG.
Ahmedabad people are very practical in such things. Enjoying luxuries with lower running costs.
Maverick79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:44   #1057
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
I have seen few Jazzs lined up at some of the CNG filling stations in Bopal, Ahmedabad last July. To my suprise, I also found many Civics/ Accords and few sonatas too lined up for CNG.
Ahmedabad people are very practical in such things. Enjoying luxuries with lower running costs.
It is an option, but I wouldn't recommend it.

The iVtec lump is one of the best in the business. Frugal, refined and powerful enough. Why mess with something that is so good, in the first place? CNG may affect the engine in the long run. Such engines are designed to withstand abuse and can do 1-lakh kilometers without so much as a hiccup.

And when one can achieve 15-20 km to the liter, it doesn't make too much sense. How much are you really looking to save, anyway?
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:00   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
In the premium hatches I have narrowed down are Jazz X variant and the Polo1.6. Both cars being evenly posied in features and have to take a call by this weekend.

On OTR price front (Bangalore)

Honda Jazz 742,740 ( no discounts)
Polo 1.6 750,992 (free insurance, corporate discount,extended
warranty)

Its a real close call, any pointers to this?

Cheers!
It all boils down to a few preferences.
On the looks front ~ i would say the Polo 1.6 has a slight advantage.
Power front ~ will not comment.
Interior space ~ The Jazz is clearly ahead.
Both are fantastic cars in their own right.
But me being a Honda guy, i would highly recommend the Jazz.

Note : Honda guy ~ meaning ~ Guy who likes Honda's ~ No i DO NOT work for Honda!

Last edited by mdsaab : 23rd August 2011 at 12:14.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:25   #1059

Hi BHPians,

I'm really excited to be part of T-BHP now

Just came back from Olympia Honda, Chennai. Few information gathered are listed below.

- They had a Red Jazz Select on Display and White Jazz X for Delivery
- All variants have 3 months waiting period but could get it earlier. The reason is Japan is not settled post Tsunami yet and the production (gear box) getting delayed
- Just 10K booking amount for all variants
- Stock Tyre might have Michelin, MRF & GoodYear depending on the lot. Still you can't choose/prefer one.
- Some info I noticed on Standard Kit. Even X arrives with black front grill and without rear spoiler. They will fit both on taking delivery. Hope this clears some doubt on Standard Kit which was discussed in this thread.
- Corporate discount might be 4K (not confirmed since they haven't received this info for Jazz)
- The sporty alloy I saw on Jazz X was not really sporty except that it was blackish finish of the standard version alloy. However it looked excellent on White.

OTR price for chennai

Jazz 1.2 MT - 566,000 + 20690 (Insurance) + 65200 (tax) = 651,890
Jazz Select - 591,000 + 21550(Insurance) + 67700 (tax) = 680,250
Jazz X - 615,000 + 22375 (Insurance) + 70100 (tax) = 707475

I and wife have finalized this car. But have to wait until the underground drainage work to be completed near my place. Really have no clue how long that is going to take

--
Sankar
write2sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 13:53   #1060
BHPian

Just got a call from Linkway Honda. Seems there is no corporate discount on the Jazz and there is a letter from Honda confirming this.
Has anyone else heard the same? I rememeber a figure of 4 - 6K being quoted as a corporate discount a few pages back.
Old 23rd August 2011, 14:00   #1061
BHPian

A dealer in delhi quoted a 3-5 Mnth waiting period for the Jazz. I was considering the swift ZXI before the new Jazz launch and had booked it, the delivery is promised in 10 days. But now , have made up my mind for the Honda Jazz. Never thought it will have such a long waiting period. I will still give the swift a chance by taking a test drive. Lets see if she can change my mind again!

Last edited by Vroom barabar! : 23rd August 2011 at 14:06.
Old 23rd August 2011, 14:07   #1062
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Was there yesterday at Whitefield Honda (Whitefield branch) and got the details from them. It is possible, they may have a different rate depending on the company (Honda has segregated certain companies in Platinum, Gold and Silver categories). Planning to check with Dakshin and Magnum as well, just to ascertain what is the actual amounts. You see, the corporate discount given by Honda is shared 50-50 by the dealer and Honda...so invariably, the dealer just passes on the Honda discount to the customer, unless you are aware of the exact amount / know someone at the dealerships.

Funkyp, the UT colour is definitely more classy and the chrome front didnt look all that out of place on it. Since it was in their yard getting ready, I didnt click any snaps, will try to get them tomorrow as they were going to put it up for display as well.

Cheers
Uday
There is another way even if your spouse is in a corporate which is in higher category of honda then you can get 50% discount.
I tool 7.5K on civic as a spouse corporate discount because my company was not listed.
And the total discount was 15K on civic for my wife's company which was in highest category.
lalitk25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 14:11   #1063
Team-BHP Support

What is the standard and extended warranty option on Jazz ?
Old 23rd August 2011, 14:23   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
What is the standard and extended warranty option on Jazz ?
Standard Warranty is 2 yrs. Extended warranty for 2+2 yrs is for 6400. You can also opt for Road side assistance at Rs. 4000 for 4 years.

Dunno about the kms upper limit
funkyp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 14:27   #1065
Team-BHP Support

And what all does extended warranty & roadside assistance cover ? Any link ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed