Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2011, 14:44   #1066
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
The added chrome behind could just have an unusual purpose -- it could serve as a reflector for those trailing you with headlights on!
Probably it acts as a backup for the vanity mirrors inside the car, so that the ladies can do a last minute check once they are outside as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaks15 View Post
Lets call it SPHJ (Sensibly Priced Honda Jazz)
This has to be one of the best, I must say

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Uday can you please post pictures of the Jazz in Urban Titanium. None of the showrooms in Mumbai have anything apart from red select on display. I have to decide between the white and UT
Funkyp these are for you..
Attached Thumbnails
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-image_334.jpg  

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-image_333.jpg  

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-image_342.jpg  

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-image_335.jpg  

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-image_336.jpg  

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-image_337.jpg  

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-image_338.jpg  

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-image_339.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 15:05   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Probably it acts as a backup for the vanity mirrors inside the car, so that the ladies can do a last minute check once they are outside as well.

Funkyp these are for you..
Thanks Uday, UT looks smashing on the Jazz.
Now I am fighting between the heart (Jazz) and mind (Swift ZDI).
Have you decided which one you are opting for?

Regards

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 23rd August 2011 at 15:09.
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 15:31   #1068
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Is it just me or does everyone feel that the chrome does go well with the UT? So will the Beige Interiors. If only I could get the Driver side height adjuster, it would have been the Jazz Select in UT. Still keeping my options open till I TD the car which should happen by Thursday!
Old 23rd August 2011, 15:38   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Thanks Uday, UT looks smashing on the Jazz.
Now I am fighting between the heart (Jazz) and mind (Swift ZDI).
Have you decided which one you are opting for?

Regards
Hirenbhai, to be honest I am in the exact same dilemma whether Jazz or Swift ZDI. Will take a call once I get to TD the Swift. If I go for the Jazz, it would most probably be the Red or UT shade X variant and I would go in for beige seat covers / door pads, as the blue black doesnt look good on the Red / UT.
else a white ZDI may just make the cut

BTW, the waiting time for the Jazz has just gone up from 4 weeks to 6-8 weeks. Talk of SPHJ creating a headache of the other sort for Honda now.

Cheers
Uday
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:08   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Is it just me or does everyone feel that the chrome does go well with the UT? So will the Beige Interiors. If only I could get the Driver side height adjuster, it would have been the Jazz Select in UT. Still keeping my options open till I TD the car which should happen by Thursday!
When compared to the red, the UT looks a whole lot better with that chrome grill and rear. also the beige interiors gel well. I am ok with the absence of the driver's seat height adjust. i think i will go in for the selct UT.

Who is offering you a test drive by thursday? any idea what colour it will be? in all probablity, the test car will be a X.
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:14   #1071
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Chrome seem out of place in the Jazz. But relatively it gels better with the UT than the other colors!

Cheers!
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:25   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
When compared to the red, the UT looks a whole lot better with that chrome grill and rear. also the beige interiors gel well. I am ok with the absence of the driver's seat height adjust. i think i will go in for the selct UT.

Who is offering you a test drive by thursday? any idea what colour it will be? in all probablity, the test car will be a X.
Linkway Honda Malad. It will be UT and in the X variant.
Old 23rd August 2011, 17:11   #1073
BHPian

DWS Auto has a video review of the SPHJ (I am loving this new acronym)

New Honda Jazz video review, 2011 facelifted Honda Jazz road test video | DWS Auto India

Cheers
Uday
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 17:14   #1074
BHPian

A query on the tyres as OEM:

Have read on multiple ownership threads on the forum that Michelin are the best tyre to go for, however the sales manager at the dealership told me that for indian conditions he would recommend MRF over Michelin as Michelins are prone to side wall damage and he said they have had quiet a few issues of that on the Honda city being reported.

In the wake of this, has anyone in the forum driven/experienced the Jazz on BOTH these options to be in a position to compare.

PS: i dont think the manager was trying to push MRF as they had no idea what stock tyres the cars would reach the dealership with.
Old 23rd August 2011, 17:24   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp

Have read on multiple ownership threads on the forum that Michelin are the best tyre to go for, however the sales manager at the dealership told me that for indian conditions he would recommend MRF over Michelin as Michelins are prone to side wall damage and he said they have had quiet a few issues of that on the Honda city being reported.

In the wake of this, has anyone in the forum driven/experienced the Jazz on BOTH these options to be in a position to compare.

PS: i dont think the manager was trying to push MRF as they had no idea what stock tyres the cars would reach the dealership with.
One thing for sure is that they have no idea as to what tyre the car will be shod with.
I have had the chance of driving an ANHC with Michelin as well as our ride which is on MRF.
To be really honest. There is negligible difference IMHO.
The Michelins are probably a tad bit quieter.
But I have had no complaints with my MRF shod ANHC. Infact I am enjoying great mileage with it.
And oh yes one more thing the ride may be a little bit more bouncy on the MRF.
However if the tyre pressure is correct and maintained then this issue evaporates.
I am guessing it will be the same with the jazz too.
Hope this helps.
mdsaab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 17:46   #1076
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
It all boils down to a few preferences.
On the looks front ~ i would say the Polo 1.6 has a slight advantage.
Power front ~ will not comment.
Interior space ~ The Jazz is clearly ahead.
Both are fantastic cars in their own right.
But me being a Honda guy, i would highly recommend the Jazz.
Would test drive the Jazz this week and just in case it happens to scrape the humps in Blr then I have have to follow my heart..Polo 1.6 would be the way to go!

Thanks,
Old 23rd August 2011, 17:52   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
All I would care about though is the usb port and reclining rear seats. Rest I can live with even with the price drop.
I guess I only care about the reclining seats; any idea how these work? Do they intrude upon the rear boot space and do they affect the 'magic seating'? None of the other facelift things actually interested me. To be a bit blunt, the chrome thingies are quite garish and dont seem to fit in well. Of course, this is subjective opinion; to each their own

Quote:
But me being a Honda guy, i would highly recommend the Jazz.
Note : Honda guy ~ meaning ~ Guy who likes Honda's ~ No i DO NOT work for Honda!
You know you should be! Or perhaps at least start a showroom yourself, you are almost halfway there

Quote:
Quote:
However if the tyre pressure is correct and maintained then this issue evaporates. I am guessing it will be the same with the jazz too.
Hope this helps.
No idea about the MRFs but boy, the Goodyears were crappy. I have changed to Bridgestone Turanza and there is a huge improvement in the ride. For the Michelins, probably adimicra should be able to confirm though I dont think he has ridden on the MRFs either.
Old 23rd August 2011, 18:26   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post

No idea about the MRFs but boy, the Goodyears were crappy. I have changed to Bridgestone Turanza and there is a huge improvement in the ride. For the Michelins, probably adimicra should be able to confirm though I dont think he has ridden on the MRFs either.
I will vouch for the Michelins any day.
They are silent, offer better ride and better grip anyday over the MRF's.
I had them on my Santro as well. Till date, I have never had a single puncture on either the jazz or the Santro. So, I guess they are tough enough for Indian road conditions.

MRFs have only one advantage -
They are super hard tires and will last longer. But, I will take Michelins anyday for better ride, handling and less noise.

Can somebody find out if the reclining rear seats can be retrofitted on the Jazz? I have already found a solution for the USB thingy.
Old 23rd August 2011, 18:31   #1079
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaks15 View Post
My friend has long intra delhi/ncr running , he wants to go for a vehicle that does not give him issues with CNG. The guy is totally in love with the SPHJ , only issue is never really heard of anyone having a jazz with cng prime reason for which might be till now jazz had been a rich boy's toy.

So i asked whether it is sensible to have CNG fitted in a jazz and if yes should he pay that dealer around 70k for the same or get it done by outside at around 27k
Now, that would be perfect! I have seen cab Citys lined up at the CNG stations often, so I think it should not be a problem with the vtec engine.

Do check about the warranty being valid if you take the kit from outside. The Delhi government has a list of authorized centers from where you can get this kit fitted. Hope you are referring to one of these when you say 'outside'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
I have seen few Jazzs lined up at some of the CNG filling stations in Bopal, Ahmedabad last July. To my suprise, I also found many Civics/ Accords and few sonatas too lined up for CNG.
Ahmedabad people are very practical in such things. Enjoying luxuries with lower running costs.
Totally agree to that. Have seen cars like Camrys, Accords in the CNG pump queues, all commercial regs though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
And when one can achieve 15-20 km to the liter, it doesn't make too much sense. How much are you really looking to save, anyway?
You can save quite a packet actually. If petrol efficiency is around 18-20km/l, on CNG it can easily return upwards of 25km/kg.

Petrol costs around Rs.65/l and CNG Rs.30/kg (NCR)

Expense on a running of 15k/year
Petrol - (15k/18)*65 = 54,200 (approx)
CNG - (15k/25)*30 = 18,000 (approx)

For the first year even if you add the cost of kit at around 30k(from outside) you still save some money. Plus higher your running, higher the saving.

Once the demand stabilizes and the wait periods reduce, I think Honda should launch a factory fitted CNG variant too. But then again, this price reduction has given wings to our wishes!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 23rd August 2011 at 18:35. Reason: removed smilies from quoted posts
Old 23rd August 2011, 18:32   #1080
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
One thing for sure is that they have no idea as to what tyre the car will be shod with.
I have had the chance of driving an ANHC with Michelin as well as our ride which is on MRF.
To be really honest. There is negligible difference IMHO.
The Michelins are probably a tad bit quieter.
But I have had no complaints with my MRF shod ANHC. Infact I am enjoying great mileage with it.
However if the tyre pressure is correct and maintained then this issue evaporates.
I am guessing it will be the same with the jazz too.
Hope this helps.
My ANHC came with the Michelins and they have been pretty good - have not had any issues - done over 23K KMs in about 1.5 yrs. The only thing is the road noise that creeps in (this is a universal issue with all ANHCs in varying degrees - depending on the tyre make).

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I guess I only care about the reclining seats; any idea how these work? Do they intrude upon the rear boot space and do they affect the 'magic seating'? None of the other facelift things actually interested me.
Selfdrive, even I was keen to know about the reclining back seat, and was able to check it out personally. It does not affect the magic seating 'mechanism' and the intrusion on the rear boot space is very marginal. Having said that, even the recline angle is marginal (it is a 1 step adjustment unlike the front seats which have multiple notches of adjustment). The reclined seat is something that you would be able to appreciate only if you do frequent long distance runs, else it is something you can live without also. :-)

Guess the reclined seat angle would be more comfortable for the elders in the family too.

But I feel the earlier Titanium interior shade was more classy compared to the beige they have now.

Cheers
Uday
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed