Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 02:33   #1126
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
It is a little tough but possible.
Insist on the Michelins. If they don't come in the first lot, wait for the next.
There is no funda of "lot alloted to you"

In my case, I didn't get Michelins in the first lot. So, I waited for the next lot and fortunately, it had Michelins.

So, if you can wait a while, it is certainly possible. Tell the dealer that you will wait for the next lot if you do not get the Michelins
I have already told them i am prepared to wait. I didn't know the dealer had very little control over this. I thought on a customer's request it would be communicated to the factory, but it looks like each set of cars manufactured may have different co. tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I had asked to see the Civic before I gave the bank a go-ahead to release the cheque. They called me the day the car landed.

I had also asked for Michelins and had got the same response. But the car did have Michelins. I'm not sure if that was by chance or due to my request.
Hopefully i get a chance to do a PDI too. The dealer said he'd call and confirm if its possible.
Old 26th August 2011, 07:59   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Hound View Post
By the way this is the picture that got me hooked to the color.

Those alloys look cool and go really well with that colour.
Old 26th August 2011, 09:14   #1128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Guys,

Have any of you been able to look at the car before registration, either at the stockyard or the dealership ?
For my Jazz booking i insisted on the same and the sales rep told me its against Honda policy to allow customers to the stockyard! What rubbish!! I insisted on Michelin tyres too, and was told if it comes in your lot then it will be given to you.

Is it not possible to do a PDI before registration ? Should i contact Honda directly regarding the tyres ?
You can surely go to the stockyard and have a look at your allotted vehicle. Do a PDI and even a short drive within the stockyard. If all seems well then give the go ahead. If not you can reject the car.
Your sales rep is just trying to bullshit you to make his life easier. Insist on doing the PDI, it is definately possible.

Regarding tyres, yes it's like a lottery.
If you are very keen on Michelin's then you will probably have to reject the vehicle allotted to you if it comes with MRF's.
The dealer has absolutely no control over which tyre the car comes shod with.
It is also not possible for them to request the factory with a particular tyre brand. It is also done on a lot basis. One lot is manufactured with Michelins's where as the othe ris manufactured with MRF's.
Although again i will mention nothing is wrong with the MRF's.

I had asked for the ANHC tyres to be of MIchelin's but we got MRF's
I even asked about changing them at the dealer level.
Our sales rep was not to comfortable about it,
and explained that the warranty may be void for someone Else's car as the tyre would not match the one allotted with the vehicle.
I thought to myself that true this may be the case.
and so decided to stick with the MRF's.
Though very pleased with the same.
But one little question creeps into my mind when i type the above.
What about folks who go in for a change at the nearby tyre shop?
will their warranty be void, if they change the tyre brand and not the size?
mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 09:18   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I had asked for the ANHC tyres to be of MIchelin's but we got MRF's
I even asked about changing them at the dealer level.
Our sales rep was not to comfortable about it,
and explained that the warranty may be void for someone Else's car as the tyre would not match the one allotted with the vehicle.
I thought to myself that true this may be the case.
and so decided to stick with the MRF's.
Though very pleased with the same.
Exact same allotment happened with me, and I decided to stick with MRFs too. Hope they live up to it.
Old 26th August 2011, 09:33   #1130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravingmh View Post
Exact same allotment happened with me, and I decided to stick with MRFs too. Hope they live up to it.
Our Jazz runs on MRFs, and they aren't too shabby. Would have preferred Michelins, although the MRFs are doing the job, pretty well. A few years from now, we might look to up-size to wider tyres. 195 sections should improve the Jazz's stability and highway dynamics greatly.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 10:19   #1131
BHPian

i heard the prices have been hiked and extended warranty and roadside assistance has been added. The Jazz X model now costs 7.56 on road in bangalore.
Old 26th August 2011, 10:20   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Two things I wanna clarify -
There is no comparison between MRF and Michelin. Michelins are far superior in road noise, ride and grip levels.MRF has the only advantage of lasting real long as they are super hard. Guys who are saying MRF is not bad, I Would ask you all to drive the same car with Michelins or change the tires and feel the difference.

2nd point - Warranty does not get void if you change to other tires of same size. If you upsize, then the suspension related warranty gets void
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 10:43   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Our Jazz runs on MRFs, and they aren't too shabby. Would have preferred Michelins, although the MRFs are doing the job, pretty well. A few years from now, we might look to up-size to wider tyres. 195 sections should improve the Jazz's stability and highway dynamics greatly.
Stability and highway dynamics has improved for me by leaps and bounds just my moving to 185/60. I am not sure how much better 195 would be, perhaps someone has made this change already?

High speed stability and ride comfort is streets ahead of the Goodyears and the noise has almost disappeared. Low speed characteristics are unfortunately the same, but I guess this has more to with the suspension itself than rubber quality/ brand.

Edit: please note I have switched to Bridgestone Turanza ER300 as the Michelins were too tight a fit on my alloys. Unfortunately Michelin XM1 is not available in 185/60

Last edited by selfdrive : 26th August 2011 at 10:44.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 11:12   #1134
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to reply late.

I went to the yard with the driver, chose my car. I wanted a white and they did not have any with Michelins thus I finalized my snow-white without her shoes, called my sales rep and asked if she can arrange for the michs. This was June 2010 thus Honda was doing ok, not too bad as Vento/Verna/tjet came later. She called me back in 10 minutes and confirmed that shoes will be changed at delivery.

Once the car was ready at the showroom, my sales rep was absent, her boss was snooty and said the shoes won't be changed. I simply rejected the car, my sales rep was called upon, she spoke to few other authorities and got the shoes replaced instantly by swapping from a new car. The paper work got completed and the information mentioned about previous tyre was changed to Michs with proper warranty.

Total time spent on this 1 hour. This made my mum anxious as I rarely get angry but alls well that ends well.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 11:30   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-drive View Post
i heard the prices have been hiked and extended warranty and roadside assistance has been added. The Jazz X model now costs 7.56 on road in bangalore.
Price hike already ? Are you sure about this? Need to speak with my rep now if its true.
Old 26th August 2011, 11:40   #1136
Team-BHP Support

Extended warranty is optional
Old 26th August 2011, 13:01   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Thanks mdsaab, Sn1p3r for your response. When I spoke to the dealer regarding swapping the tyres with another car IF the customer wasn't very particular about which tyres he needs on his car but the sales rep said if they change at dealer level that car may have warranty troubles.
So i told her i'm prepared to wait an additional 10 days if the new lot will have Michelin's on them.
Old 26th August 2011, 13:25   #1138
Senior - BHPian

Still none of Bombay dealers have a test drive vehicle. I am taking a TD of the older Jazz that Solitaire still has tomorrow. The sales rep was quick to point out that the gear ratios of the new Jazz are different, I was surprised to hear this.

Can anyone confirm if this is true or yet another case of sales talk. Perhaps she does not want me to make up my mind based on the TD of the old car but she does not know that my mind is already made up, by my wife :-)

Cheers
Old 26th August 2011, 13:31   #1139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk
Thanks mdsaab, Sn1p3r for your response. When I spoke to the dealer regarding swapping the tyres with another car IF the customer wasn't very particular about which tyres he needs on his car but the sales rep said if they change at dealer level that car may have warranty troubles.
So i told her i'm prepared to wait an additional 10 days if the new lot will have Michelin's on them.
Again the dealer is not true, honda has a form that the dealer mentions the tyre name and it's serial number for all 5 tyres. Now if you get it changed in the first place there is no cutting, even in my case if there was overwriting and change the dealer stamped it and wrote the reason as I had it in my booking receipt that I am interested in Michelin tyred car. So don't hold on get on his case and demand your right.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 13:34   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Extended warranty is optional
Eddy,
Magnum honda in bangalore is telling me otherwise. They say that now it has been added into the price and is coming bundled, hence increase in price.

I have just spoken to the sales guy on the phone, and hence can not for sure say its just a gimmick, or true. Although, if you are getting extended warranty in the increased price, it should still be worth it, isnt it ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed