Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 18:35   #1156
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Hi Suhaas,
I think Jazz is considered to be a very well handling car after certain tweaks...

...I too found that Jazz gearing can be tweaked to our conditions a bit as our driving is different than Japan or say Thailand. But otherwise i found the gearbox to be good for it has the precise slotting and positive feedback. Honda has learnt the hard way with Jazz and for a few enthusiast they won't be bothered with 1.5 Jazz. But I wish they spec it and bring it as image building exercise.
Quote:
Suhaas mentioned that gearbox is not a strong point and thus I commented my friend, we have similar take on Hondas. Cheers!
Precisely. This engine is designed to do 5th gear - 80-100 km/h all day long. And the gearbox has been designed and engineered, keeping that in mind. So one gets all the power they want as long as you're ready to give it some stick.

But our driving conditions in India are very different. Rarely does any car see 5th gear, with the sort of traffic we have here, bursting at the seams. It would have been great if we have some torque and power lower in the rev-range. But then, I don't think one will be able to achieve the phenomenal mileage figures that several Jazz owners, including myself, have raved about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
I don't think Suhaas was complaining about the Jazz's gearbox. IMO, the gearbox in Jazz is excellent in terms of shift as you have also noted. The poor low end response is the problem. Just like the Civic, unless you are closer to 2K rpm or higher, the initial pep is just not there. Honda could have tweaked the gearbox (gear ratios) to achieve better in-city drive-ability. Of course, this would also mean tuning the engine a bit differently.

The 1.5 Jazz would have been excellent at around 1L higher than the revised Jazz prices. Would still leave that margin for the City with the way it is currently priced. But then, this is the Indian market!
It's not complaining so much as feedback, for Honda.

Yes, the Civic does suffer from this too. It's a Honda trait.

The 1.5 would have been apt, if you ask me. The 1.2 is a great engine, but if Honda provides a 1.5 option, there might be takers for it. Considering that there were takers for the old Jazz too. Perhaps a limited run, Honda?

And while you're at it, could you throw in the automatic-transmission as well? And the auto-climate-control for good measure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Its not abt being a women, most sales rep in India have little clue about the features in the car let alone mechanical bits.

I would tend to agree to this being a marketing ploy, I hope TD cars are soon made available so guys with Jazz can check it out and compare the driveability.

cheers
That's true.

The sales reps generally aren't very well informed. It comes across as if they've taken the pains to mug-up the brochure. Honda could save some money by sacking some of them and attaching a battery-operated voice thingies on their brochures instead (just like those greeting cards!) Would serve the purpose.

This goes for most sales reps out there. Not the Honda ones exclusively!
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 19:39   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra
Two things I wanna clarify -
There is no comparison between MRF and Michelin. Michelins are far superior in road noise, ride and grip levels.MRF has the only advantage of lasting real long as they are super hard. Guys who are saying MRF is not bad, I Would ask you all to drive the same car with Michelins or change the tires and feel the difference.

2nd point - Warranty does not get void if you change to other tires of same size. If you upsize, then the suspension related warranty gets void
I agree that Michelin may be superior.
And i am not saying that MRF is better.
What i am saying is that MRF is not bad. So if it gets allotted to you its not the end of your driving pleasure.
I have driven the ANHC with both Michelin and MRF.
A few posts before you can read about it.
While i agree with you that the Michelins are better on all counts you mentioned. Its not a day night difference. Its more like day and afternoon
mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 20:14   #1158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
What i am saying is that MRF is not bad. So if it gets allotted to you its not the end of your driving pleasure.
While i agree with you that the Michelins are better on all counts you mentioned. Its not a day night difference. Its more like day and afternoon
I am not sure of Michelins, but I agree that MRFs are not bad. We had it on our Ikon for 40K kms, and I felt it was pretty good for Indian roads.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 20:24   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab

Speaking from experience. I do not quite agree mdsaab. MRF zvts that were present on the demo car were not at all good, the car odo was at 15000 so not that old for the tyres. The ride was not pliant as the ones with Michelin, I had earlier driven a friends AT that had them and also from my earlier car.

MRF have their advantage for the tyres are sturdy and long lasting, I have ZVTS on Accent and the tyres are good but not very good. The braking distance is dramatically increased also the way these act under braking was very different than Michelin. Wet braking is also not at par. But you might be able to extract more mileage as they are less sticky.

Michelin XM1 that came standard, remember these are not XM1+ that are the better XM1 have good ride, nice sticky grip even though these are under tyred for City. Braking is confidence inspiring and wet reaction times are good. Negatives: speaking from experience these are soft tyres and side wall issues have been beaten to death. These are not too economical given their life is just more than 30-35k km, contrast Bridgestone or MRF lasts 45+k km.

Depends on the driver, I beat the heck out of them and to me these will not last till 30k. But then it will be time to upgrade the tyres to 195 section and it will be totally different ball game. Yokohama C and Michelin PL2 will be contesting.

My only advice is if you drive on city roads and drive a bit faster on avg. take Michelin else MRF is better.

Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 23:32   #1160
BHPian

Booked a UT jazz select at capital honda,chennai.i was told a waiting period of 1-1.5 months .i have a few questions though

1) I insisted on michelin tyres and was told by ASM that i will get michelin tyres.Now do i need to ask him in writing for the same,or just a reminder in a months time is fine?

2) He intially quoted me 5000 as corporate discount.But in the booking form given during the advance payment that amount is not mentioned anywhere,is that problem or will that amount be considered only during the final invocing phase?
Old 27th August 2011, 08:36   #1161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Speaking from experience. I do not quite agree mdsaab. MRF zvts that were present on the demo car were not at all good, the car odo was at 15000 so not that old for the tyres. The ride was not pliant as the ones with Michelin, I had earlier driven a friends AT that had them and also from my earlier car.
One thing i have noticed in the MRF's is that they are very sensitive to tyre pressure.If the tyre pressure is not maintained well, the ride can get a bit bumpy especially at the rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
Booked a UT jazz select at capital honda,chennai.i was told a waiting period of 1-1.5 months .i have a few questions though

1) I insisted on michelin tyres and was told by ASM that i will get michelin tyres.Now do i need to ask him in writing for the same,or just a reminder in a months time is fine?

2) He intially quoted me 5000 as corporate discount.But in the booking form given during the advance payment that amount is not mentioned anywhere,is that problem or will that amount be considered only during the final invocing phase?
I feel if the dealer is willing to give it you in writing about the Michelin's then you are better off holding the paper which states it. Else you never know in the end if your vehicle is allotted with MRF's they may just put their hands up.

In your file, the one which he fills up all the details of the vehicle and the discount etc offered. He should mention your corporate discount here.
You may not get a copy to take home, but it should surely be written in the file.
Old 27th August 2011, 11:02   #1162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Confirm both the things on phone once again, and record the call for future reference
Old 27th August 2011, 17:45   #1163
Senior - BHPian

This may seem like a noob question, but pardon my ignorance. In the feature list of the Jazz under safety & security there's something called "Driver side auto pinch guard". How does this work ? Will the window roll down a little in the event of an obstruction ?
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 17:46   #1164

Hello fellow Team-BHPians!

This is my first post on the forum and I feel privileged to part of this community!

I chose to post in this particular this thread because I have been chasing the Honda Jazz for the past month and a half and also keenly following this popular thread. So here is my story:

I was looking for a Premium petrol Hatchback since beginning of July. I was looking at Ritz, Fabia, Polo and i20 as the possible options. I started with TD of Ritz. I quite like the unique looks of the Ritz and its body stance but I didn't like the interiors at all! So I gave the Ritz a skip.

Next was the turn of the new Fabia. The drive was excellent as expected. I was planning to go for the top end fabia in black. However I found the interiors to be very basic and being a music lover the lack of USB and AUX in the music system, no steering mounted audio controls even in the top variant put me off. So I put the Fabia on hold and went for TD of Polo.

The interiors were slightly better than the Fabia but the lack of options in Music System was again discomforting. And the rear leg room was also a concern. But this was the best option I had, so decided to book the top end Polo.

This was when my elder brother called me up to say that there is a discount on the Jazz. So I called up Coastal Honda for TD. To my surprise the sales rep. declared that there is a whopping 1.7 Lac discount on the Jazz and they have only 2 cars remaining! I didn't waste a second, took the TD and immediately paid the booking amount of 50K for a black Select variant on 16th July. This was the last available Jazz in Goa and luckily the color of my choice. So it was a no brainer for me. It was costing me 6.28 OTR including Anti Corrosion, Extended Warranty and Road side Assistance after some bargaining.

As a feature rich car, I found it to be much superior to Polo and Fabia so this was a heavenly deal for me. The car was available for immediate delivery but my car loan was company financed and the entire process would take between 1 to 2 weeks. So there was still some waiting time before I could drive home the Jazz.

In the meantime I did a PDI of the vehicle based on the TBHP checklist. (Must say it is very comprehensive!) I was quite satisfied with the results. A few minor scratches that I could note, were promised to be fixed. However one cause for concern was that it was a Dec 2010 manufacture. I did a little bit of homework on this and decided to go ahead because I was a getting a great deal. I always adored the Jazz on road but cursed Honda for its high price tag. But finally my dream was turning out to be true. The overall response of the sales rep. was very nice and things had gone pretty smooth till now. On the dealers inquiry on the payment date, I verbally committed that it should take a little over a week for company loan to be approved. I completed the loan formalities at my end and patiently waited for the loan payment to be credited to my account.

Far from my expectation, even after two weeks the loan amount did not get credited. This was when I started getting calls from the dealership that payment is required otherwise they will sell of the car to other interested customers. There threatening words were a little concerning and I started vigorously following up with my company finance division regarding the status of my loan sanctioning. At this time the Dealer and the sales rep had started calling even more frequently and asking for a final date by which I would make the payment. I didn't have a confirmed date with me but I tentatively committed 2nd of August. I also took a tough stand and stated that they cannot sell my booked car to someone else and the contract doesn't specify any final payment date. If they wanted to sell the car off, they could do so but they should be ready to face the consequences.

As it turned out I got confirmation on 2nd of August that loan has been sanctioned and loan amount would be credited shortly. I communicated the same to my sales rep and confirmed full payment on 3rd of Aug. At around 10 am on August 3rd, I got the credit alert on my phone and immediately called up my sales rep for confirmation. I was having a tight schedule that day at office and couldn't have come out of work. So I requested the sales rep to come to my office and collect the full payment. He agreed to the same and finally I felt closer to owning my own Jazz!

At around 4 PM I got an SMS from him that the car has been sold off to another waiting customer in the morning This was a complete shocker
I immediately called up the sales rep and bursted out at him as to how he could sell the car after I confirmed the payment date. I also talked to the sales manager and as per him, the car was sold off the day before and my sales rep wasn't aware of this development even on the 3rd August. This was totally annoying. And it doesn't end here. The dealer confirmed that he didn't know about my conversation with my sales rep that I was going to make the payment. Infact he stated, if he had known, he would not have accepted payment from other customer in the first place.

I somehow could not believe all this to be true. And I really took the case of Sales Rep due to his irresponsibility. And I checked and confirmed that the payment for my black jazz select was already received and couldn't be reversed now. I was at loss of words... I then tried to reach the GM of coastal Honda but he was on vacation and chose to not pick up my call. On my brothers advice I called up Honda One to One and registered a complaint. On my part I accepted my mistake regarding the delay in payment but the Coastal Honda was not accepting there cheap, irresponsible and criminal behavior. There was already a lot of bad blood and I decided to meet them in person the next day to prove to them that they were grossly mistaken and what they did was unjustified.

The next day, I took a day off from work and visited coastal Honda at Panjim. I took up the following points:

1. Booking amount of 50K not returned and the car sold off to someone else.
2. No advance notification on the above.
3. Car sold off after confirmation of payment date.
4. Sales rep not aware of car has been sold off and is still in discussion with me.
5. Payment received on the day committed (3rd August)

The dealer wasn't budging on the above and the sales rep too started lying. Thanks to the smartness of new gen phones, I showed them the call history of all communication. SMSs exchanged, Credit alert from my bank and proved to them that whatever happened was ultimately there fault.

I also managed to pull some strings with honda management. I have personal contact in Motor Insurance and got them to support me in a conference call with Coastal Honda and other Regional Honda Folks. The GM also joined in the call and sort of accepted his mistake. In his words, he was under extreme pressure from Honda to sell off the clearance stock of Discounted jazz and had to do what he did. But I was able to take a verbal and email commitment that the new Jazz launching on 18th of August will be allotted to me first at a price closest to the discounted price. I was already aware of the speculative news going around about the New Jazz Launch, Price and features (Thanks to TBHP). This was some good news for me and decided to accept the fate and patiently waited for the new Jazz launch.

In the meantime, I realized that going for the black color wasn't exactly sensible as the black color amplifies even the slightest of scratch marks. So on second thought I started exploring and researching about the new UT coming in the Facelifted Jazz. I then called up my sales rep and clearly communicated that I am not going for black color as of now. I will wait for to see the UT and then take a decision. And also communicated that with the background, I expect the first UT to be allotted to me.

Finally on the 18th August, when the car got launched, I called up Coastal Honda to check for expected delivery. To my shock they said that they have booked a black select for me and the black color is not being manufactured currently. It will be manufactured in 1st week of Sept! And they are receiving 7 cars from Honda - 4 white, 2 red and 1 UT. The UT being a new color will be up for display and cannot be sold as per Honda Policy. This is second time that this dealership has disappointed me.

Today, 27th August, they have displayed the new UT Jazz at a nearby mall. I went to have a look and quite liked the color. The chrome garnish and beige go well with the UT. The finish of the car remains top notch. I also got a chance to meet the GM who broke the news that this particular UT is already sold to another customer and the owner has allowed his/her car to be put on display at a city mall on request (Quite fishy)

I inquired about my case and there is no good news. The black will be manufactured in Sept. They can book a UT for me now and I will have to wait for delivery. No firm commitment. The white will be available for display soon so I can check that out...

Guys, please help me out. Any piece of advise would be appreciated.
Old 27th August 2011, 18:28   #1165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
This may seem like a noob question, but pardon my ignorance. In the feature list of the Jazz under safety & security there's something called "Driver side auto pinch guard". How does this work ? Will the window roll down a little in the event of an obstruction ?
You're right, thats what is it supposed to do. The window rolls down automatically if it hits an obstruction while rolling up.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 20:09   #1166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
You're right, thats what is it supposed to do. The window rolls down automatically if it hits an obstruction while rolling up.
One more question. Does it roll down entirely or stops after a few inches ?
Old 27th August 2011, 20:18   #1167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
One more question. Does it roll down entirely or stops after a few inches ?
I think it just goes down a bit. But on this one, our Honda elite panelists, Mdsaab or Charthom will be able to answer
Old 27th August 2011, 22:21   #1168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
But our driving conditions in India are very different. Rarely does any car see 5th gear, with the sort of traffic we have here, bursting at the seams. It would have been great if we have some torque and power lower in the rev-range. But then, I don't think one will be able to achieve the phenomenal mileage figures that several Jazz owners, including myself, have raved about.

It's not complaining so much as feedback, for Honda.

Yes, the Civic does suffer from this too. It's a Honda trait.

I think this problem is not confined to Honda alone. All petrol engines seem to suffer from weak low-end. This is where diesels shine.
Old 27th August 2011, 23:57   #1169
BHPian

@mdsaab and eddy
Thanks for your suggestion. I'll speak to the agent first thing on Monday and get things in writing.

@siddam
I know how you feel.If i were you,i would cancel the order and go with another dealer. These dealers think themselves as some kind of god showering their blessings on customer.

Almost similar incident happened with me as well when i was planning to buy jazz during the 1.75 L discount period. The dealer was Olympia Honda Chennai,I had finalized the deal ,informed the ASM that I’ll be visiting the showroom on the same day at 7.30 PM to pay the advance. I receive a call at 6 PM from the sales executive asking when I’ll be visiting the showroom, i replied back saying i'll be there in another 1.5 hrs,since I’ve to travel from Velachery(my office location) to Ambattur(dealer location).Both are almost two ends of the city. When i was half way through at 6.45 PM i receive a call from the same sales executive saying car has been sold to someone else. I got so much irritated that i was blasting that sales exec over the phone in the middle of the road. Then realized nothing is going to change by wasting my energy and cut the call. At the same time I was getting some indication that the facelifted jazz(SPHJ) was on its way(thanks to teambhp) and it will be priced less than the current price but never expected it to be at such a killer price. When the price details of SPHJ was released i did'nt even bother to call Olympia Honda. Visited Sundaram motors, Capital Honda and booked a UT jazz select from Capital Honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Spoke with 2 dealers today and only the Red Select model has come for the display. The delivery waiting period would be 3-4 weeks, and 25k is the booking amount.

As per my dealer, I am the first in the booking, If ok, I can get the jazz by this month end, but I strictly told him, need to see Red, Black and UT in flesh to decide
Dre@ms Your information have helped me a lot in understanding exact situation about honda jazz at chennai.Did you get your hands on the rallye red beauties?
Old 28th August 2011, 01:12   #1170

Quote:

@siddam
I know how you feel.If i were you,i would cancel the order and go with another dealer. These dealers think themselves as some kind of god showering their blessings on customer.
@Wall-e

Unfortunately there is only Honda dealer in Goa.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks