Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2011, 10:26   #1216
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Exactly my friend's dilemma. Whether to go for the Select model or stick with the Base version. He is not too keen to spend 30K just for the alloys and reclining seats but his wifey want the alloys. Except for the looks, does the alloys serve any other purpose? I have also heard that replacing just 1 alloy rim will be difficult. Request expert's opinion on this.
Old 31st August 2011, 10:34   #1217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
Guys, i am unable to make up my mind.
I took a TD and will be booking the Jazz today.
From what information i have, Honda will be starting delivery for the new jazz from september 15 onwards here in Pune. But there is now news on the base variant
The dilemma is - Though my folks dont mind the extra 30k, i am not really convinced for shelling it out to buy 4 alloy wheels (the stephanie remains the normal wheel in all variants) and the reclining seats. The way i see it is this 30k could very well be my fuel cost for the next 1 - 1.5 years.
The sales guy told me that the base variant production is yet to start and hence delivery will be only after diwali - can anyone throw some light?
Also, apart from aesthetics, do alloy wheels add any value?

Help!!!
Alloy wheels are not just about aesthetics. They play a big part in the stability of the car, road handling, riding comfort and tyre life. They are also more tougher, durable and last much longer than normal steel rims, and can take bad roads with ease. Just remember to keep the tyre profile normal for the alloy rims and it should serve you well for a pretty long time.

And that's a load of rubbish about the Jazz S. All 3 variants are due to arrive for deliveries from September 15th, so you better check with the ASM of your area. Don't go by what the sales people say. See if you can get a better commitment from the dealership manager, or better still, contact another dealer and see what they have to say. Pitting one dealer against another always works. See how quickly they change their tune.

The extra 30K is worth every penny of it, IMO. Go for it.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 10:48   #1218
BHPian

Thanks buddy!
But how many times does one actually change the rims?
I know a few people with enkei here in pune, they are the oem
For majority manufacturers but the opinion about alloys is mixed!

Both dealers here in pune are promising delivery of the select earlier than
The base variant...
Old 31st August 2011, 11:14   #1219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
Thanks buddy!
But how many times does one actually change the rims?
I know a few people with enkei here in pune, they are the oem
For majority manufacturers but the opinion about alloys is mixed!

Both dealers here in pune are promising delivery of the select earlier than
The base variant...
Some people are lucky to go through the entire life of the car without changing their alloy rims. We have an Esteem LXi '98 model which came fitted with alloys and they are still going strong after 13 years of road abuse (touchwood!). If you get a good set of alloys and combine it with some smart driving, your rims will last you a lifetime. Only rarely do alloys get broken, and it is mostly because of rash and negligent driving.

The dealers can commit to the Select because it will be easily the most sold variant of the new Jazz. The X and the Base will have fewer takers in number compared to the Select, because it is the most VFM package out of all 3 variants - the generous overdose of chrome being a significant factor in sales, since us Indians love our chrome.

Go for the Select, buddy. Alloys, reclining rear seat, parcel tray for an additional 30K is a super proposition. Plus you will get your car early as well.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 14:16   #1220
BHPian

Hey guys I need quick help from tbhp members.
I have already booked a jazz xmt with solitaire honda mumbai and paid a cheque of rs 50000.
I just drove to goa yesterday in a friends fortuner and thought that might as well buy a fortuner coz we do lot of mum-goa road trips.On the other hand i have a very well maintained i20 which serves the purpose.

Now i want to cancel the booking for jazz and buy the fortuner;i made a dummy call to solitaire stating I want to buy Jazz and inquired if they would refund my booking amount incase if i wish to cancel the booking and the sales guy said that they will deduct 2% of basic value of jazz xmt which comes to 14K.

Is there anyway where i can get full refund from the dealer.

Regs,

Kedar Walke
Old 31st August 2011, 14:28   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrtz125
Exactly my friend's dilemma. Whether to go for the Select model or stick with the Base version. He is not too keen to spend 30K just for the alloys and reclining seats but his wifey want the alloys. Except for the looks, does the alloys serve any other purpose? I have also heard that replacing just 1 alloy rim will be difficult. Request expert's opinion on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi

Alloy wheels are not just about aesthetics. They play a big part in the stability of the car, road handling, riding comfort and tyre life. They are also more tougher, durable and last much longer than normal steel rims, and can take bad roads with ease. Just remember to keep the tyre profile normal for the alloy rims and it should serve you well for a pretty long time.

The extra 30K is worth every penny of it, IMO. Go for it.
I agree with RavenAvi. The spend is totally worth the asking price.
Old 31st August 2011, 14:30   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
if i wish to cancel the booking and the sales guy said that they will deduct 2% of basic value of jazz xmt which comes to 14K.
Did you ask about the refund at the time of booking? I have booked a jazz recently, and specifically enquired about cancellation before booking. There were no cancellation fees on the booking amount quoted ( by Linkway or Apex). Tell them you were not made aware of this at the time of booking and ask for a full refund..mention that other dealers are giving full refund.
Old 31st August 2011, 14:52   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Honda going to hike prices of the Jazz by 5,000-10,000 and the City by 70,000 by next month,according to a business channel.
I seriously doubt the 70k increase unless they add that much kit in it. Else Honda would again be looking at reduced sales. The only reason City is selling is due to the discounts on it.

For Jazz its just Honda getting greedy all over again. They are getting a good response and are all getting frothy on how to milk it. Rather they should be focusing on reducing the wait times. The more they sell, the less the 10k hike would really matter for them too.

Cheers
sahakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 15:22   #1224
BHPian

Booked the base model - UT.
Delivery expected after 45 days, but will try to pull some strings!

Guys, has anyone used the driver side armrest!?
I liked it, but think it may cause hindrance while using the handbrake
Old 31st August 2011, 16:02   #1225
BHPian

@freak1201

Congrats on the booking

What was the final OTR price and which dealer in Pune? How much corporate discount you got? Seems there is no standard figure for corporate discounts from any of the Honda dealers. Guess no freebies on offer for Jazz.
Old 31st August 2011, 17:29   #1226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
I seriously doubt the 70k increase unless they add that much kit in it. Else Honda would again be looking at reduced sales. The only reason City is selling is due to the discounts on it.

For Jazz its just Honda getting greedy all over again. They are getting a good response and are all getting frothy on how to milk it. Rather they should be focusing on reducing the wait times. The more they sell, the less the 10k hike would really matter for them too.

Cheers
Dont shoot the messenger!.Well thats what i saw in a news feature in a business channel.And thats exactly what the news reporter said.According to them Honda insiders are mulling such a price increase after City has "gained some ground" in recent months after the Rs 66,000 discount.Although not officially confirmed by Honda,but after they "tasted success" with the Jazz discount,they think they have "thwarted competition" and can increase prices.
Old 31st August 2011, 17:38   #1227
BANNED

My friend just booked City S for 7.80 On Road .
Funny part he had gone only to book Jazz X .

Jazz was to be delivered on 3-4 months.
City he will get on coming Tuesday.
Old 31st August 2011, 17:57   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrtz125 View Post
@freak1201

Congrats on the booking

What was the final OTR price and which dealer in Pune? How much corporate discount you got? Seems there is no standard figure for corporate discounts from any of the Honda dealers. Guess no freebies on offer for Jazz.
Thanks man!
OTR should be around 6.3
I opted out of extended warranty - not convinced its required for the H engine
Also, will try to claim NCB for my old car, which I don't plan to sell...
The dealer insurance chick is going to help.

Booked it at crystal. N yes, no freebies but a nominal corp disc of 2.5k
Old 31st August 2011, 18:24   #1229

I booked my Jazz X Tafeta white on 28th of Aug. Dakshin Honda says 2-3 months for delivery.
Old 31st August 2011, 19:13   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Dont shoot the messenger!.Well thats what i saw in a news feature in a business channel.And thats exactly what the news reporter said.According to them Honda insiders are mulling such a price increase after City has "gained some ground" in recent months after the Rs 66,000 discount.Although not officially confirmed by Honda,but after they "tasted success" with the Jazz discount,they think they have "thwarted competition" and can increase prices.
Got this clarified from mydealer -
He's not aware of any hikes as of now, but booking price is final price.
And any discounts / freebies before delivery will be passed on!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed