Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2011, 15:11   #1261
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

How much do the alloys on Select version cost if bought separately?
Old 5th September 2011, 15:47   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms
@spindoc and haithereitsme
What say guys? Should I continue with Sundaram or head to the other two(Capital or Olympia)
My advice is this - Get your money back from Sundaram Honda and go to Capital or Olympia. A dealership that doesn't respect customers deserves no business. Sundaram's Honda and Chevrolet dealerships seem to have brought the brand into serious disrepute.

Having said that, you could give it one last shot in the interest of your waiting period, if you absolutely can't wait any longer.

Last edited by spindoc : 5th September 2011 at 15:56.
spindoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 01:18   #1263
BHPian

UT Jazz from 3:12 First look at Honda's small car for India, Brio
Old 6th September 2011, 02:34   #1264
BHPian

Waiting for some UT Jazz buyer to start an ownership thread with pictures
Old 6th September 2011, 19:57   #1265
Distinguished - BHPian

The new Jazz (Select) driven by the guys at DWS Auto -

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzroadtestphoto1.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzroadtestphoto2.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzroadtestphoto3.jpg

Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondajazzroadtestphoto4.jpg

Complete Review - Face-lifted Honda Jazz road test, Jazz test drive | DWS Auto India
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 12:03   #1266
BHPian

quote=RavenAvi;2495787]The new Jazz (Select) driven by the guys at DWS Auto -

Attachment 605387

Attachment 605388

Attachment 605389

Attachment 605390

Complete Review - Face-lifted Honda Jazz road test, Jazz test drive | DWS Auto India[/quote]

The comparisions done by DWS Auto India seem preety biased.
Eg - They compare the swift to the jazz on the features parameter - mention that swift has fog lamps vs Jazz X only. Another comparision - all Jazz's are equipped with Airbags /EBD / ABS, whereas only the Z Di/Xi come with the safety features (but the comparison says All).

The comparison should be on same grounds!
[
Old 7th September 2011, 12:19   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
My advice is this - Get your money back from Sundaram Honda and go to Capital or Olympia. A dealership that doesn't respect customers deserves no business. Sundaram's Honda and Chevrolet dealerships seem to have brought the brand into serious disrepute.

Having said that, you could give it one last shot in the interest of your waiting period, if you absolutely can't wait any longer.
Was busy on tour and work and about to call Sundaram and the new ASM allotted to me made a call now. Blasted him like anything and he uttered a sorry for my every words. Just a blame game of sorts happened. But his sorry was, he meant it.

Planning to stick with Sundaram after thinking what happens if the same episode happens with Capital and Olympia.

OT:
Now comes the tough part. I am thinking of paying 3L as down payment and the remaining 3.80 as Loan. He mentioned that all loan agents on a average charge 11.75% as ROI and Sundaram .5% extra due to spot payment.
Which one to choose and is there a company who can offer a diminishing ROI ??
Old 7th September 2011, 12:38   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Was busy on tour and work and about to call Sundaram and the new ASM allotted to me made a call now. Blasted him like anything and he uttered a sorry for my every words. Just a blame game of sorts happened. But his sorry was, he meant it.

Planning to stick with Sundaram after thinking what happens if the same episode happens with Capital and Olympia.

OT:
Now comes the tough part. I am thinking of paying 3L as down payment and the remaining 3.80 as Loan. He mentioned that all loan agents on a average charge 11.75% as ROI and Sundaram .5% extra due to spot payment.
Which one to choose and is there a company who can offer a diminishing ROI ??
I was facing a similar dilemma - DP of 4lac, remaining by loan.
But then i realised it makes more sense by swiping a card and converting it into an EMI! . All i pay is for the processing fee (roughly 4.5k) + 2% charged by the merchant.
Do work out that option if you do hold a credit card with enough limit.
Old 7th September 2011, 12:45   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
I was facing a similar dilemma - DP of 4lac, remaining by loan.
But then i realised it makes more sense by swiping a card and converting it into an EMI! . All i pay is for the processing fee (roughly 4.5k) + 2% charged by the merchant.
Damn, that makes sense. But don't have a CC with that much credit limit
Old 7th September 2011, 12:59   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting thought. What does the interest on the outstanding amount work out to in this case? Assuming that balance paid by card is 2 lakhs and this amount is being paid in installments of 50K, whats would be the interest paid on 1.5 Lakhs, 1 lakh, .5 lakh over the next 4 months?

Also, I assume this would work only if the amount can be repaid in a shorter amount of time as compared to a bank loan. Repayment periods being equal, is a credit card still cheaper?

Mods: sorry if i am going OT here.
Old 7th September 2011, 13:06   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
Interesting thought. What does the interest on the outstanding amount work out to in this case? Assuming that balance paid by card is 2 lakhs and this amount is being paid in installments of 50K, whats would be the interest paid on 1.5 Lakhs, 1 lakh, .5 lakh over the next 4 months?

Also, I assume this would work only if the amount can be repaid in a shorter amount of time as compared to a bank loan. Repayment periods being equal, is a credit card still cheaper?

Mods: sorry if i am going OT here.
I have cards with 2 banks. One is offering me a flat 1.49% on reducing balance on either 3/6/9/12 months EMI. The other one is offerering me 6% for 6 months, 9% for 9 months and 11.5% for 12months with a 2% processing charge.

Ideally, even im looking forward to closing the borrowed amount within the first 6 - 12 months. Banks are charging anything between 15% - 17% for 1 year borrowed amount (I think they treat it more as a PL).
freak1201 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 15:07   #1272
akp
BHPian

Quote:
I have cards with 2 banks. One is offering me a flat 1.49% on reducing balance on either 3/6/9/12 months EMI. The other one is offerering me 6% for 6 months, 9% for 9 months and 11.5% for 12months with a 2% processing charge.

Ideally, even im looking forward to closing the borrowed amount within the first 6 - 12 months. Banks are charging anything between 15% - 17% for 1 year borrowed amount (I think they treat it more as a PL).
One has to be careful about the interest rates quoted by credit card companies - often those are per month rather than per year. So for example, IF the above 1.49% is per month, then that would be roughly equivalent to 18% as we understand normally, which is very high.
akp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 15:51   #1273
BHPian

Anyways, for me the CC option is ruled out due to lack of credit limit. Which loan agency should I opt for? Or is there already a thread discussing about this?
Old 7th September 2011, 16:29   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
One has to be careful about the interest rates quoted by credit card companies - often those are per month rather than per year. So for example, IF the above 1.49% is per month, then that would be roughly equivalent to 18% as we understand normally, which is very high.
. But, this would apply if an only if the amount is fixed.
In this case, i am getting a rate on the reducing balance!
Old 8th September 2011, 06:21   #1275
BHPian

If anyone has taken delivery of UT Jazz, please upload some pics.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed