Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2011, 11:20   #1306
BANNED

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
"from massive discounts to a slight premium now on honda jazz which is in short supply after price cut. did honda panic and misread market"
I am wondering if we vector in the earlier discounts and the current premium what is the actual reduction in price?
Old 9th September 2011, 11:49   #1307
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Its raining Honda's all over Pune!
I saw 3 new Jazz' (all GY registration) and i have lost the count of new City's i saw on my way to office today!
Old 9th September 2011, 11:51   #1308

Unlucky (but hopeful) existing Honda Jazz owners

Dear Honda,

We bought a Jazz couple of months ago and missed out on massive 1.75 lac price slash that you have recently started offering. Naturally I'm disappointed like many other existing Jazz owners.

We feel that if the price cut was forthcoming it could have been properly communicated by Honda itself or through its dealers to the prospective customers (at least those who bought the car in last few months), so they could have waited to benefit from the new price.

We are also concerned since our car resale price has gone down drastically, not only because of the price reduction but also since our car lacks the add-on cosmetic features loaded on the new car (crome grill, reclining back seat, etc.)

Honda has always cared for its loyal customers and we believe that you can set an example in India by offering rebate to the existing customers. It could even be in form of an voucher which can be spent at any Honda dealership or while buying our next Honda. I guess Renault did the same in UK few years ago. Please help us retain our faith in Honda!

Hoping to hear back from you.

- from a loyal Honda customer
Old 9th September 2011, 13:26   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Re: Unlucky (but hopeful) existing Honda Jazz owners

I dont think even Honda knew that the price cut on the Jazz was in the offing. It all depends upon the demand suply for the brand. A few month of low selling numbers forces the manufacturer to think their next strategy to increase the sales and one option is price cut. Those who booked after the price cut benefitted while others didn't.

So no need to sulk on low resale price and all other things, enjoy the car.
Old 9th September 2011, 13:37   #1310
BHPian

@Intlibuyer;
On the positive side you've got the car with High quality Imported bits like Engine(being assembled here with High quality Imported bits), Dashboard, etc.

P.S: I always believe to buy the product with originality, So be proud that you're having a Originally designed product not a Re-designed one.
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 13:37   #1311
Distinguished - BHPian

THese kind of things happen. It is natural to feel disappointed, but you can't blame Honda. Companies make market assessment and offer their product at the price which they believe would get them a particular the number of buyers from the segment. Projections can wrong due to a multitude of reasons , not least of which is competition. Hence business strategies have to be flexible to adapt to the current situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intlibuyer View Post
Dear Honda,
We feel that if the price cut was forthcoming it could have been properly communicated by Honda itself or through its dealers to the prospective customers (at least those who bought the car in last few months), so they could have waited to benefit from the new price.
Do you really expect them to do that? Do you think Honda is a charitable trust?

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 9th September 2011 at 13:39.
Old 9th September 2011, 13:47   #1312
Senior - BHPian

I think it is not fair to expect a rebate or any voucher etc. Every now and then cars go on discount, that does not mean that some one who bought it without discount should be compensated. Jazz was not selling well and it was a risky proposition to buy the car earlier due its high price.
Old 9th September 2011, 13:48   #1313
BHPian

Dear intlibuyer, I really don't understand the point of the post. Price cuts, feature additions, model deletions, special editions are all part of this industry. Start loving the car for what it is and enjoy. As Santoshbhat has said, Honda is not a charitable trust. It's a company and ultimately, their aim is to make money, not go with the sentiments of the customers.
Old 9th September 2011, 14:00   #1314
Senior - BHPian

Well intlibuyer, if Honda announced a 1L price increase on the car after you had bought it; would you be ready to pay the 1L amount to Honda ? I think not Price cuts are a big risk that everyone takes while buying the car, especially if it is a slow moving one. So my suggestion, dont worry about the price cut and enjoy the car you have. You bought it thinking it was worth your money and that hasnt changed has it ?
ethanhunt123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 14:00   #1315
BHPian

@intlibuyer
Consider if you got a note that started like this:

Dear Jazz Owner,
You bought a Jazz couple of months ago and missed out on massive 1.75 lac price increase that we have recently put in place.
Loyal customers have always cared for Honda and we believe that you can set an example in India by offering 1.75 lac to the company.

-------------
adsjar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 14:19   #1316
BHPian

Well consider this, you go to buy a pair of jeans from levis and a week later they put up a 50% off sale. You dont go running behind them to give you the sale price money returned do you? Probably not coz the 2500 bucks dont pinch you that much.

Rightly said
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
if Honda announced a 1L price increase on the car after you had bought it; would you be ready to pay the 1L amount to Honda ?
Its the retail industry, prices fluctuate, business models change. Instead of sulking, I would say go on a nice long drive and enjoy the rev happy jazz. I am sure that will take your mind away from the price and slick gearshifts will tell you that you have a nice car on your hands.
Old 9th September 2011, 14:35   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by intlibuyer View Post
Dear Honda,

We bought a Jazz couple of months ago and missed out on massive 1.75 lac price slash that you have recently started offering. Naturally I'm disappointed like many other existing Jazz owners.

Honda has always cared for its loyal customers and we believe that you can set an example in India by offering rebate to the existing customers. It could even be in form of an voucher which can be spent at any Honda dealership or while buying our next Honda. I guess Renault did the same in UK few years ago. Please help us retain our faith in Honda!
Your concerns are understandable but sadly Honda may not care about it. There would always be few who buy a particular vehicle and then see prices dropping. Happens with electronic gadgets all the time. Its a risk you take as a buyer. Honda's decision to drop prices was the result of massive sales dip and increasing competition. The dealers wouldn't be able to foresee a price cut coming from Honda. Honda would think of the massive number of customers who benefit from the price cut and call it a master stroke.

One way to compensate early buyers as you said is to give service discount vouchers or something in the way of accessories. I don't see that coming from them.

Best thing for you would be to enjoy the car and not think of the resale value.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 9th September 2011 at 14:37.
Old 9th September 2011, 14:52   #1318
BHPian

I agree with most of Bhpians here even though being one of the victim of Honda Strategy!!.
I purchased my Jazz in May only and my car depreciated by more than 1 lac in two months. My office colleagues (read friends with benefits) who were appreciating me by going by heart and purchasing a petrol hatchback when I can get diesel sedans at that price made me a laughing stock and talk about losses which I have incurred.
But I give a damn on them. I went with my heart and bought a vehicle which was a dream for most of them.(This is my first car and I put all my savings on it). It have gone down in market value by more than a lac but I enjoy driving it and by sitting in it I forget everything.
Resale value is not a issue as I will use the vehicle for longer run. Some decisions go wrong on the financial front but decisions taken from heart never goes wrong.

It doesnt matter to me if Honda compensates to me or not. If they do then its good if not then also I am happy with them.

Atleast they had a courtesy to call when I visited their showroom when I was on vehicle hunt. Hyundai & Maruti didn't even bothered to call me up when I visited their dealers
<Badguy> is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 15:08   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Badguy> View Post
I agree with most of Bhpians here even though being one of the victim of Honda Strategy!!.
I purchased my Jazz in May only and my car depreciated by more than 1 lac in two months. My office colleagues (read friends with benefits) who were appreciating me by going by heart and purchasing a petrol hatchback when I can get diesel sedans at that price made me a laughing stock and talk about losses which I have incurred.
But I give a damn on them. I went with my heart and bought a vehicle which was a dream for most of them.(This is my first car and I put all my savings on it). It have gone down in market value by more than a lac but I enjoy driving it and by sitting in it I forget everything.
Resale value is not a issue as I will use the vehicle for longer run. Some decisions go wrong on the financial front but decisions taken from heart never goes wrong.

It doesnt matter to me if Honda compensates to me or not. If they do then its good if not then also I am happy with them.

Atleast they had a courtesy to call when I visited their showroom when I was on vehicle hunt. Hyundai & Maruti didn't even bothered to call me up when I visited their dealers
Bingo. +1.

Initially, I was also equally disappointed.
And as if to rub salt on my wound, one office colleague booked the same tafeta white jazz at 1 lac less with more features

But, not any more. Get over it. We all love our Jazz'es and the car is really wonderful to own and drive.

And as wise men have said, no point in thinking about stufff which is outside your 'Circle of Influence'...we need to reduce our 'Circle of concern'. There are already so many things in life to be concerned about..why add another one?

One life, why so serious?
Cheer up, buddy.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 15:13   #1320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Well intlibuyer, if Honda announced a 1L price increase on the car after you had bought it; would you be ready to pay the 1L amount to Honda ?
Spot on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
There would always be few who buy a particular vehicle and then see prices dropping. Happens with electronic gadgets all the time. Its a risk you take as a buyer.
+1. How about people who buy a car and the next week there's an uplift in the market, their model already is an old model then.

These things happen all the time, I recall buying a cellphone (Nokia 7610 or was it 7650, the red and black combo) for 15.5k about 4-5 years back and within the next 3 months the same phone was retailing at less than 12k. I was very frustrated at this but then my colleague (with whom I bought the phone) asked me if the price cut has made my phone any less. The obvious answer is that whatever be the price cut, the product hasn't deteriorated. And with a car like Jazz, well it was worth even the inflated price for some, isn't that why you bought it in the first place?

It goes without saying that 1 lakh rupees mean a lot but it still isn't the end of everything. Please cheer up, as such its your first post on team-bhp, you can only see good times ahead as a car lover.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed