Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2011, 16:03   #1321
BHPian

Re: Unlucky (but hopeful) existing Honda Jazz owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by intlibuyer View Post
Dear Honda,
We bought a Jazz couple of months ago and missed out on massive 1.75 lac price slash that you have recently started offering. Naturally I'm disappointed like many other existing Jazz owners.
Okay, they cut the price by 1.75lac but I don't think you or any Jazz customers who purchased it in last couple of months suffered the same amount of loss. I did check Jazz back in May/June but was out of my budget. At that time also they were offering a straight 55K cash discount, +10K corporate discount and on second visit he offered other 5K cash discount (=70K total) without much negotiation. So I think effective discount would be near-about 1lac and not 1.75lac.
Anyways, just think about the time you enjoyed the car before the price cut, its the same Car!
Old 9th September 2011, 16:30   #1322
Senior - BHPian

Well to be honest, I was disappointed too with the price cut.
However take the example of a flight ticket. If we buy one at a price and later others are sold at a discount, we dont get the discounts do we?

While I agree that Honda should have kept existing owners informed or compensated us in some way, I dont have any illusions that they will do anything like that. Perhaps their image in India led us to expect they would be better. If Tata or Mahindra did this, would we have any expectations at all?

Nevertheless, just as they are into business we need to be practical too. What happens next from me? I had a pending query for the Civic AT at one of their dealers. Will I buy a Civic or any other Honda now? Ha ha ha.

A 16L lost sale for a piddly loss of 50K. I will hit them where I can. Not sure if it affects them, but its my satisfaction as a consumer.

At the same time, I still love my Jazz and will keep it till I intended earlier. It is a fine car and IMHO the facelifted version offers nothing better that I want.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 16:46   #1323
BANNED

Seriously this is something in life which we got to learn to live with. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you gain.
Understand how people will take upon mocking you.
For all these days they were looking at you with envy as a guy who was rich enough to buy a over priced small car and sudden you became the office fool.
Its hard to digest, but that's life.

Just think that you paid more to achieve and enjoy your dream earlier.
Obviously the resale value is down that many points, but you did not buy the car thinking of how much you going to sell it for.

Just close your ears and eyes to money and enjoy the drive.
Old 9th September 2011, 16:53   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Shaving nearly 20% of a cars cost is a disaster for any customer, no matter how much one claims to 'enjoy' a petrol hatchback. The biggest issue will be the crash in resale prices.

Honda can easily provide a buy back scheme for the 'ripped off' Jazz buyers, the next time they upgrade to another Honda product, the dealership can buy back the Jazz for a reasonable price.
Old 9th September 2011, 17:10   #1325
Senior - BHPian

Guys, while it is unfortunate that you have been at the receiving end, it is ir-rational to ask for a compensation. Look at it this way - If the prices had increased by say 1 lac, would you be prompt enough to own up and pay the extra amount? I don't think so. It's business. Not a charitable organization.

IMHO, the car you guys have (pre facelift) is the originally designed one, which in itself is a wonderful piece of machine. Enjoy that to the fullest. Depreciations are a part and parcel of the entire automotive experiance. Ask any D segment owner. You would feel much better. (I, in a way have been benefitted with the way the D Segments depreciate, hence talking first hand).
Old 9th September 2011, 17:12   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Even I too don't like such huge price cut when a customer has bought a car just few days/months back. Its unfair. Its just like when Honda Civic Hybrid was sold for 15-16 lacs where actually it was earlier sold for 22 lac, because of inventory pileup. Just think what the previous customers would be like.
I keep myself happy by thinking that if a car I bought for higher price would have much better parts compared to one which has seen price cuts.
There would be some reduction in quality for a company to price the car with such high price cuts in the name of localization.
Old 9th September 2011, 17:13   #1327
BHPian

Even if Honda wanted to compensate those guys who bought the car in last few months, it is not practical because how do you define few? For example if Honda compensated you by giving a rebate on the price difference, those customers who bought the car 1 month before you would have created this thread and not you. So they can't satisfy all their customers ever.

Just think about it from this perspective.
Old 9th September 2011, 17:15   #1328
BHPian

I don't think its right on our part asking Honda for a Rebate. Like many have said, Will you be ready to pay that extra amount if you see a price increase the day after you purchase ? Won't happen.

2 days after i brought my car, Hyundai announced free insurance on the i20! A massive 25k off (15k considering you don't get the Hyundai Insurance and prefer to get it done outside). But i did not bother asking for it since i knew it won't happen coz i had made the payment around a week before that.
Old 9th September 2011, 17:25   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by intlibuyer View Post

Honda has always cared for its loyal customers and we believe that you can set an example in India by offering rebate to the existing customers.

Hate to break it to you. Not Going To Happen.

Honda, Merc whoever.... will not think of compensation, monetary or in-kind. As rightly mentioned by someone, Honda themselves wouldn't have tought of price cuts at the time you bought your Jazz.

Product lifecycle is getting shorter. These things are bound to happen.
Old 9th September 2011, 17:47   #1330
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

I have got allotted the Jazz Red color and if finances go well can take the delivery on 18th. But I am against the Red color.

Asked ASM that I need to change to UT, but 2 months would be the waiting period. Damn!!

But I can wait. Going this Sunday to talk on the finances.
Old 9th September 2011, 17:51   #1331
BHPian

intlibuyer, I agree it is a painful experience. On the other hand, look at the positive side. Reduced price means hopefully more sales and more pieces on the road. This reduces the risk of the model being discontinued. If Honda has simply discontinued Jazz due to poor sales, then imagine the consequences for existing owners - reduced resale value, availability of spares, etc. So all in all, I believe the Jazz price reduction is good for exisiting customers, prospective customers, and even for Honda itself.
Old 9th September 2011, 18:20   #1332
Team-BHP Support

So what if the prices were dropped?

We as a family aren't too disappointed. We were looking for a large petrol hatch that does what we need it to do, and only the Jazz came out tops. So we're not complaining, really.

Instead, we're loving the car, a little more, every day! We've completely stopped taking our Civic out while on family outings. We're most comfortable in the Jazz now. We're enjoying our experience to bits, I'd say. Call it sweet lemons or sour grapes or whatever, fact of the matter is that we're happy!

We value the car even more now. And especially since ours is the Deep-Sapphire-Blue Jazz. The colour isn't available on the new Jazz and we would have wanted it very very badly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I keep myself happy by thinking that if a car I bought for higher price would have much better parts compared to one which has seen price cuts.
There would be some reduction in quality for a company to price the car with such high price cuts in the name of localization.
The quality remains the same despite the price-drop and the increased localization!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th September 2011 at 18:23.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 18:21   #1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackshark View Post
Well consider this, you go to buy a pair of jeans from levis and a week later they put up a 50% off sale. You dont go running behind them to give you the sale price money returned do you? Probably not coz the 2500 bucks dont pinch you that much.

Rightly said

Its the retail industry, prices fluctuate, business models change. Instead of sulking, I would say go on a nice long drive and enjoy the rev happy jazz. I am sure that will take your mind away from the price and slick gearshifts will tell you that you have a nice car on your hands.
I generally agree with your logic; I would have agreed more if:

1. it was a meager discount running in few thousands,
2. if the price cut wasn't declared only days after I about the high priced version of Jazz,
3. we were indeed taking about electronics like mobile phones, cameras, laptops, or Levis jeans. (would really have preferred to be unlucky with jeans or a mobile than a car!)

However, in my situation, the discount is massive amount of 1.75 lacs! Although I'm aware that car discounts keep on coming and going and it is a very common thing, I do not recall in the remote past any car discount which is around 25% of the car price!

Also I wouldn't have minded the discount had I bought my Jazz an year or six months ago. I really wish there was responsible communication from the company/dealer advising the new customers to wait for a month or two to buy the new/discounted Jazz.

Finally, I feel before I take the philosophical position of letting it go and feel good about the car I have and enjoy it without concerning myself about the discount, I should at least try to know what Honda feels about it. I'm trying to reach them only because I believe they care, and as an existing customer I deserve to know if they do.
Old 9th September 2011, 18:38   #1334
BHPian

Well, it's unfortunate that the OP missed out on a great deal. But that's the way it is and the replies are right to the point - where do you draw the line?

Twisting this thread a little, Honda could probably get some mileage by offering earlier customers a free servicing or such. That should earn them some good brownie points at relatively insignificant cost.

M&M (or is it the local dealer?) still sends me invitations to a buffet meal at some arranged venue or all expenses paid outing at a nearby water park. They haven't forgotten their customers...
Old 9th September 2011, 18:39   #1335
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Called up my dealer to know the new OTR post increase, but was told that there has been no increase in prices. Looks like it hasn't been communicated to the dealers.

But, if there is a hike, wouldn't the dealers have some info on it if not the exact amount ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed