Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2011, 16:57   #1351
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
2) What if Honda decided to pull the plug on the Jazz? They already had the Brio all ready to storm the volume market, and it's pretty safe to assume that it will outsell the Jazz at, at least 2:1 ratio, if not more, when launched later this month. "Oh, we have a wonderful alternative in the Brio. How long can we sustain the Jazz at these pricings? Let's pull Jazz out, and bring the Brio in!" What would you have done then, my dear friend? Granted, they might not have done so, but it's showings in monthly sales, specially in 2011, had put a big question mark on it's future in India.

3) Do you want the Jazz to pull out of Indian markets? Ask any Jazz owner (our own Jazzman bought the Jazz X at nearly 9.0L OTR!) and he will reply vehemently in the negative. Costly or cheap, you WILL want the car to stay in the market. Just ask the people who are stuck with cars which have been pulled out of the markets and you will realise how difficult it gets to maintain such cars - Mitsubishi owners, Matiz owners, heck even Esteem owners!
+1

Honda could have stuck to their pompous and 'premium' ways by completely discontinuing the Jazz and introducing the Brio at the current Jazz's ex-showroom price of 5.5 lakhs or so. And I'm sure they would have sold a few Brios too at that exaggerated price.

But Honda knows the importance of the Indian market. It's a market that has so much potential to grow and blossom. If they do not play by the rules of the Indian automotive-scene (correctly pricing products and balancing variants), they would have gone downhill, even further.

But instead, they decided to drop the Jazz's price, at which point, they were forced to price the Brio correctly and according to its segment, which meant that they couldn't let the two cars overlap in terms of pricing. It might have been a move that they made due to sheer persuasion and pressure, but it's a move that will pay off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Mine is also Deep-Sapphire Blue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Also have a DSB, yay!
We are an endangered species, remember that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
vb-san: thanks man.

The thread will be reopened shortly and guess what...I am really enjoying the car as usual. I even got the Bluetooth adapter installed and working on my Jazz.

And now, I have been bitten by the car detailing bug..so got a host of products. will do my first detailing session this weekend or the next.

I can't be angry on Jazz...it brings a smile on my face every time I drive it..I just love it
Please give us more information on the Bluetooth adapter. We would like to install it in our Jazz. What were the costs involved and do you know a place where it can be done? Is it approved by Honda, do they do it themselves, if requested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Has anybody checked out the latest issue of Autocar India and Overdive magazine? Both the magazines have suspiciously left out Honda Jazz from their 10 car & 6 car 1.2 litre shootouts (respectively), and have predictably declared the new Swift as the winner.

I smell a rat. Perhaps Maruti has offered a large advertising contract to the magazines for doing this? I wonder if things like this happen in the industry.
Yes, it's a distinct smell that I'm getting from this.

The smell of a shootout that might have been rigged.

The Jazz, now at the discounted price, is an even better proposition than it was before, and perhaps the best proposition when compared to the other cars available in the same segment. I wonder how Overdrive and Autocar could have left out such a strong contender for the hatchback crown. Is it possible that the revised prices were declared at the time of going to press?

I remember an Overdrive video on YouTube that declared that the Jazz was the outright winner in the segment. The video was shot quite a long time back, much before the new Jazz at the revised prices hit the showrooms.
Old 10th September 2011, 20:32   #1352
BHPian

Hi guys, I had couple of questions that went unanwered - post 1302 on page 87. I'll re-ask the questions. Hope someone can answer them.

Q: What is this car's "wade-ability"? By that I mean - what is the maximum depth of water this car can wade through without causing damage to the engine/water entering the cabin? The reason I ask is, Chennai and most other Indian cities are flooded during the monsoons and it is a nightmare to drive during this time. The last thing I want is to drive a new car through knee deep water and run huge repair bills! I don't know if this is discussed elsewhere; if it is, please point me in that direction.

Q: The only useful feature(s) I see for my use in the select variant are the alloy wheels. Is it possible to have these (X variant's alloys) fitted at the dealership for an extra cost? Obviously, the extra cost not exceeding the difference between the base and select variants. I am completely put off by the overdose of chrome and prefer a neat black grille as available on the base variant.
Old 10th September 2011, 21:32   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
Hi guys, I had couple of questions that went unanwered - post 1302 on page 87. I'll re-ask the questions. Hope someone can answer them.

Q: The only useful feature(s) I see for my use in the select variant are the alloy wheels. Is it possible to have these (X variant's alloys) fitted at the dealership for an extra cost? Obviously, the extra cost not exceeding the difference between the base and select variants. I am completely put off by the overdose of chrome and prefer a neat black grille as available on the base variant.
My dealer told me an upgrade to alloys will
Costly roughly around 23k - 25k¤
Old 10th September 2011, 22:01   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
My dealer told me an upgrade to alloys will
Costly roughly around 23k - 25k¤
Are these alloys of X-variant or of the select? If they are of the X variant, then it makes sense to go for base version with X alloys for Select price
Old 11th September 2011, 09:52   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei
Q: What is this car's "wade-ability"? By that I mean - what is the maximum depth of water this car can wade through without causing damage to the engine/water entering the cabin?
Per my understanding -

* If you're constantly moving, water will not enter the exhaust because of the pressure of exhaust gases, so the determinant is the height of the air intake.
* If you have to stop/let go of the accelerator in the midst of water (because of traffic/road conditions), the determinant is the minimum of the heights of exhaust and intake

Note that this is only for the engine. Electricals and car interiors could still get damaged even while engine isn't.

Regards,
spadix
Old 11th September 2011, 19:58   #1356
BHPian

As a Jazz owner, I was not too happy with the price cut. Having said that, I dont think I would have been happy with any other car, everytime my friends / relatives sit in the car they rave about the space / comfort. One Swift owner friend rues the fact that he didnt wait for the Jazz, every time he sits in my car.

I think Honda will get a lot of goodwill if it offered USB Kit & other accessories to existing Jazz owners at a discount. Just my 2 cents.

Also agree with Selfdrive on the Chrome, I totally hate it!
Old 11th September 2011, 21:48   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
Are these alloys of X-variant or of the select? If they are of the X variant, then it makes sense to go for base version with X alloys for Select price
That i didnt ask him as im not very keep on having alloys!
Old 11th September 2011, 22:39   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
One Swift owner friend rues the fact that he didnt wait for the Jazz, every time he sits in my car.
Just to add here, couple of my colleagues were planning to go for a hatchback and had almost finalised on Swift. However, I pulled them along with me when I took my All new Honda City to the showroow to get the new HU installed. It was then that they got a chance to have a look at the Jazz and were head over heels on it. They said it was too spacious and definitely looked bigger than the Swift. They also said that the quality of interiors were far superior than that of Swift. I felt I did a good job in the end by helping them to take a second look before diving into just one option.
Old 12th September 2011, 00:21   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms
I have got allotted the Jazz Red color and if finances go well can take the delivery on 18th. But I am against the Red color.

Asked ASM that I need to change to UT, but 2 months would be the waiting period. Damn!!

But I can wait. Going this Sunday to talk on the finances.
This waiting period logic is really weird. Capital Honda tells me it has stretched to 3 months now. However, the no. of bookings at their showroom is just around 70 till date and they are delivering around 2 cars per day, which should logically translate to a waiting period of <1.5 months. When probed further, the SP told me that the official position is 3 months as Jazz shipments are unpredictable due to limited production.

I am not sure what Honda is upto here, announcing an aggressively priced facelift, and then following it up with no TD cars and very limited shipments!
Old 12th September 2011, 08:13   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
This waiting period logic is really weird. Capital Honda tells me it has stretched to 3 months now. However, the no. of bookings at their showroom is just around 70 till date and they are delivering around 2 cars per day, which should logically translate to a waiting period of <1.5 months. When probed further, the SP told me that the official position is 3 months as Jazz shipments are unpredictable due to limited production.

I am not sure what Honda is upto here, announcing an aggressively priced facelift, and then following it up with no TD cars and very limited shipments!
Shouldnt they have had some stock ready? Like Toyota did with the Etios! Or any other manufacturer does pre launch of any product!
Were Honda doubtful that there would be no bookings after the price cuts? Such disbelief in their own product?

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th September 2011 at 21:08. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read our rules carefully before proceeding, thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 11:05   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307
I remember an Overdrive video on YouTube that declared that the Jazz was the outright winner in the segment. The video was shot quite a long time back, much before the new Jazz at the revised prices hit the showrooms.
I recall that mega shoot out. It is still there in You Tube I guess. IIRC, OD mag chose Ford Figo as the overall winner. But, this was mainly due to the huge price difference compared to the Honda. The Jazz came out decimating others in most tests and Figo also managed quite well. But OD team said they just cannot ignore the huge cost difference and picked the Figo as their choice. And I think it was a very fair conclusion.

But we all know what will happen if there are to repeat the whole exercise now. Don't we? It will be like asking now, as to who will be the 2011 F1 champion.

I have driven both the new Swift and the old Jazz. For an enthusiast, for sheer joy of driving, it has to be the new Swift VVT. I absolutely love it. But for everything else, one wouldn't go wrong with the Jazz.

Last edited by deetjohn : 12th September 2011 at 11:06. Reason: Rephrasing
Old 12th September 2011, 11:18   #1362
BHPian

Back from Sundaram. The display Rallye Red was also delivered. WTH!!

Till date only 7 Jazz are delivered and the bookings are close to 70. I have now decided to plunge on the Black color. But ASM informed, that till date no Black jazz has been rolled out from the Factory. But I am ready to wait.

My allotted rallye red is on transit and should arrive by 15th. Since I have changed the color, one of the chennaites behind me can enjoy it.

ASM has also informed that there would be a minimum 2 months waiting period, but if some one changes the color as I did, then I can enjoy Jazz before 2 months. But all these are speculations.

Can some one confirm whether black Jazz is seen anywhere in their showrooms.

Is black a right choice?
Old 12th September 2011, 11:33   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Back from Sundaram. The display Rallye Red was also delivered. WTH!!

Till date only 7 Jazz are delivered and the bookings are close to 70. I have now decided to plunge on the Black color. But ASM informed, that till date no Black jazz has been rolled out from the Factory. But I am ready to wait.

My allotted rallye red is on transit and should arrive by 15th. Since I have changed the color, one of the chennaites behind me can enjoy it.

ASM has also informed that there would be a minimum 2 months waiting period, but if some one changes the color as I did, then I can enjoy Jazz before 2 months. But all these are speculations.

Can some one confirm whether black Jazz is seen anywhere in their showrooms.

Is black a right choice?
Havent seen the black in any of the showrooms in mumbai. But if i recall correctly the discussion with my dealer, the select version of black is being rolled out. Not sure about X.

Had seen the black on the old jazz. You cant really go wrong with black but in the sweltering heat of chennai, i would avoid black if possible.

The heat was one of the points that helped me in my decision of UT vs. white.
Old 12th September 2011, 11:37   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
.... Is black a right choice?
In the heat of Chennai or for that matter most Indian cities, I would think Black is avoidable. A friend who bought a Black Santro, kept regretting it every time I drove with him.
Old 12th September 2011, 11:46   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
The heat was one of the points that helped me in my decision of UT vs. white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
In the heat of Chennai or for that matter most Indian cities, I would think Black is avoidable. A friend who bought a Black Santro, kept regretting it every time I drove with him.
I am going with the Select model and have a closed parking at home. And dont intend to use Jazz for my daily commute. Weekend drives inside the city is what my need and very rare highway drives.

Still black is not suitable? If yes, I can change my mind.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks