Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2011, 11:58   #1366
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I am going with the Select model and have a closed parking at home. And dont intend to use Jazz for my daily commute. Weekend drives inside the city is what my need and very rare highway drives.

Still black is not suitable? If yes, I can change my mind.

The main problem comes when the car is parked in the open at home/malls etc and become a oven! For your usage, i dont think black or any dark colour will be a big issue. and the Ac of the jazz is known to be a chiller.

The choice of colour is completely an individual decision and my taste could be totally different from yours. Go with what your heart likes
Old 12th September 2011, 12:09   #1367
BHPian

@funkyp
Yes, I can understand pal. The main reason I have decided in Black is, UT is now very common on most of cars, City, Ritz, Wagon R to name a few. Hardly can see any Black color cars, and if at all seen, it looks gorgeous.

When it comes to mind or heart, anytime, heart wins.
Old 12th September 2011, 12:19   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
Can some one confirm whether black Jazz is seen anywhere in their showrooms.

Is black a right choice?
1.) I would worry about a parking space, you have a closed one so go for it. You should spend time on maintaining it with TLC. You can opt for the 3M package upfront & go for treatment every 5000 kms.

2.) Also the saying that AC has work more to cool the cabin cannot be proven, in Chennai heat it does not make any difference to be honest.

3.) More often, it is not the heat which spoils the color, it is the cloth used to clean that fades the paint and causes swirl makes.

4.) Dents if they appear will be prominent, but a black car which has done a highway run through heavy rain is a delight to watch with those mud sticking to it

5.) HID's would complement the car well.

6.) Black on Jazz take the premium feel out of it, how about habanaro red?
Old 12th September 2011, 12:22   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I recall that mega shoot out. It is still there in You Tube I guess......
I have posted the link early in this thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post

Look at the hatch comparison done last year, and observe the closing comments, the new pricing makes perfect sense now.

Overdrive: Mega hatchback comparison test >> Watch Video
Old 12th September 2011, 12:26   #1370
BHPian

Accept most of your thoughts. My replies in bold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
1.) I would worry about a parking space, you have a closed one so go for it. You should spend time on maintaining it with TLC. You can opt for the 3M package upfront & go for treatment every 5000 kms.
I was thinking on the same line. Informed my better half, that a cleaning is a must if we go for Black.

2.) Also the saying that AC has work more to cool the cabin cannot be proven, in Chennai heat it does not make any difference to be honest.
Accepted

3.) More often, it is not the heat which spoils the color, it is the cloth used to clean that fades the paint and causes swirl makes.
Makes sense. Is the microfiber cloth recommended.

4.) Dents if they appear will be prominent, but a black car which has done a highway run through heavy rain is a delight to watch with those mud sticking to it
Dont mention it please.

5.) HID's would complement the car well.
What is this?

6.) Black on Jazz take the premium feel out of it, how about habanaro red?

I would love to get the habanaro red, but unfortunately it is replaced by rallye red in the new Jazz.
Old 12th September 2011, 12:32   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Accept most of your thoughts. My replies in bold.

HID:
High-intensity discharge lamp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This would look kewl on the Jazz:
File:ScionHID.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Attached Thumbnails
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-scionhid.jpg  

Old 12th September 2011, 12:35   #1372
BHPian

Thats awesome. Would love to incorporate them into the Jazz. Anybody here earlier used them in Jazz.
Old 12th September 2011, 12:44   #1373
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thats awesome. Would love to incorporate them into the Jazz. Anybody here earlier used them in Jazz.
The problem with HIDs is that if you install them in the stock headlight units, the reflectors generally scatter the beam all over the road, and end up blinding oncoming traffic. HIDs/Xenons work best when they are installed with projectors. One will not find projectors in the Jazz, City or even the Civic.

Projectors help direct the beam correctly and efficiently, thus allowing you to light up the road without blinding people at the same time. Cars like the Jazz come with regular reflectors. These wouldn't do the job well.

If you are serious about installing HIDs, I suggest you look up some threads where some BHPians have retro-fitted projectors in the head-light units.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 14:22   #1374

My Tafetta white Jazz was delivered on Friday evening! I guess I am the first on TBHP to own the newly launched jazz.

Unfortunately the front left tyre got punctured just as I was driving it home and I decided to to call up RSA for help. By the time they fixed it, it was midnight so I couldn't take any pictures of the car. As I started out for a photo session on Saturday morning, I noticed smoke coming out of front two wheels and had to send the car for inspection :(
Not sure what the problem is but I am defintely not impressed with the PDI done.

The inspection is being as I speak and nothing has come out yet. I hope there is no manufacturing defect and the car gets delivered today evening! Watch this space for a detailed review!!
siddam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 15:03   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddam View Post
My Tafetta white Jazz was delivered on Friday evening! I guess I am the first on TBHP to own the newly launched jazz.

Unfortunately the front left tyre got punctured just as I was driving it home and I decided to to call up RSA for help. By the time they fixed it, it was midnight so I couldn't take any pictures of the car. As I started out for a photo session on Saturday morning, I noticed smoke coming out of front two wheels and had to send the car for inspection :(
Not sure what the problem is but I am defintely not impressed with the PDI done.

The inspection is being as I speak and nothing has come out yet. I hope there is no manufacturing defect and the car gets delivered today evening! Watch this space for a detailed review!!
Congrats on your new car Sid! Its unfortunate the way your journey with the jazz has started. I hope it all gets rectified and you have many wonderful years ahead with your car. looking forward to pictures and an ownership thread

On a side note, is ur jazz wearing Michelins or MRFs? Also, how long did RSA take before they reached you for help

Last edited by funkyp : 12th September 2011 at 15:05.
Old 12th September 2011, 15:18   #1376
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations dude!
which version is it?

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th September 2011 at 21:07. Reason: Fixed Quotes
Old 12th September 2011, 15:29   #1377

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Congrats on your new car Sid! Its unfortunate the way your journey with the jazz has started. I hope it all gets rectified and you have many wonderful years ahead with your car. looking forward to pictures and an ownership thread

On a side note, is ur jazz wearing Michelins or MRFs? Also, how long did RSA take before they reached you for help
Thanks Funkp.

I put a lot of fight and got Michelins as I heard a lot of positives of the same. I was quite pleased with RSA response. On one occasion they 30 minutes to reach me and second time they took 1.5 hours to arrange a towing vehicle. And this when we I have not applied for RSA.

I just got confirmation that the Car was thoroughly inspected and no issue was found. They said the smoke could be due water getting on the disk brakes. Does not sound satisfactory..

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
Quote:
Congratulations dude!
which version is it?
]

Thanks!

Its a Select!

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th September 2011 at 21:07. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 12th September 2011, 17:13   #1378

Congratulations Sid !

Its me and funkyp now ....waiting for Jazz X .
Old 12th September 2011, 17:43   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Did the smoke come without driving it (since you mentioned photo session). How did they take the car? If the wheels are jammed (or whatever is the cause of smoke) driving or towing it may not be a wise thing.
Old 12th September 2011, 17:43   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Funkp.

I put a lot of fight and got Michelins as I heard a lot of positives of the same.

Thanks!

Its a Select!
Congrats on your car! Wish you many miles of safe motoring. I've booked the same color as you, but the delivery is only in october. Post a lot of pics and a review of your car
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks