Team-BHP - Another Checkmate ! MSIL Opens Highest Workshop
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Another Checkmate ! MSIL Opens Highest Workshop (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/104648-another-checkmate-msil-opens-highest-workshop.html)

Being not satisfied alone with the fact that they're having Biggest Service Network across the country, they've marched another step forward with another Milestone i.e; They inaugurated the Highest Service Centre in the country at Kaza in the Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh and is located at an altitude of 3740 meters above sea level.

See more at: Maruti Suzuki Opens Highest Workshop In India | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

How Maruti has gone about it's business is praiseworthy. While other companies may being out products flashy products, this company has built a sense of trust over the years. Good cheap service and a largely hassle free ownership experience. Besides other things, the trust also comes from their widespread network - authorized or otherwise. One is usually more assured of getting a Maruti spare in any part of the country than of any other manufacturer. That adds to the trust factor.

clap:clap:

Absolutely. They have done the right things that matter to be the BEST manufacturer in India. Kudos to them and am sure all these will bring in more sales and value to their kitty! No wonder people hail this company and trust them so much.

Spot On.MSIL rocks.

People call MSIL as cheap!! I tell them only one sentence.

"We dont buy cars to spend or waste money, we buy cars to benefit from the money that we have paid and to get the maximum out of the car, and to enjoy the hassle free experience. If you have intentions of wasting money please tell me upfront i'll suggest you a million better ways to do so":D

Reminds me of this brilliant ad from Maruti:

‪Maruti Suzuki Service-No Matter Where You Go Commercial‬‏ - YouTube

I am not sure what others think but frankly the service center opening in the highest point is more of a record sake than anything else.

Belive me, India with its loads and loads of villages there might be thousands of interior spots which are in need of service center than the "Kaza in the Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh". But this news just creates some interest thats why gets reported out.

OT: Dint get why this can be termed as a Checkmate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 2434523)
I am not sure what others think but frankly the service center opening in the highest point is more of a record sake than anything else.

Belive me, India with its loads and loads of villages there might be thousands of interior spots which are in need of service center than the "Kaza in the Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh". But this news just creates some interest thats why gets reported out.

OT: Dint get why this can be termed as a Checkmate.

In a remote region, you cannot go ahead and start opening workshops left right and center. So you open it in the headquarters of that region.
this is indeed commendable, as many other mfrs do not have any workshop in the main headquarters of such remote regions!

+1 to tsk1979

Kaza is indeed a very isolated place, its right up the Spiti valley. One needs to cross another higher pass after Rohtang - KunzomLa, to reach the place from Solang-Manali.

No mean task establishing a service centre there. And there's enough clientele there - mostly Gypsys'. Good show to Maruti for this one!

+1 on Rigid

This is great effort by MSIL a move which may have its own risk such as sustainability etc. but think of this if you have dealerships in your town, you would be more encouraged to buy cars of that make, similarly if you have service center, it just add to the diameter of reach for that particular manufacturer.

No wonder so many of us do not even think of skipping MSIL's offerings while evaluating our next motor, just because of their reach and good customer service. After all what is the use of great service if you do not have the reach or the network!

I needed a correction for my understanding.

I am guessing other than MSM(Service Masters) all other Service center having Maruti badge are actually owned by some private entrepreuner which is franchisee of Maruti correct.

With that being the case I do am guessing the actual person who decided to open the service center needs to be praised.
There is is point in flowering so many praises on Maruti. correct me if I am wrong.

Of course Maruti has provided an opportunity for him to start this extension there. But its actually his money and his land etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 2434523)

@xingamazon, Whether or not I totally agree with you, I do appreciate the counterpoints you bring to a discussion (liked the one on VAS on the Fiesta thread too, but forgot to appreciate it).

Yes, there may be a lot many places in the interiors which have a greater 'need' (or shall we call it demand) for service stations. I would expect many manufacturers to go ahead and open service centers there. However one in Kaza has significance. Some points regarding the same:

1. That keeping the spares and other things working in such a remote place may not be easy and has a risk of the company getting some brickbats (remember the benchmark of Maruti service is pretty high), Maruti does go and open it.

2. My guess is that the service station may not even be financially viable, if it was on a normal financial model (I have no idea of the financial model). I expect that Maruti would have gone out if it's way to get this one operational. That Maruti seems to be committed enough to do so.

3.Or as you say it may very well be a gimmick for publicity. Quite possible. But if they have opened a service centre, they have to keep running it and if it means regular losses, then they would be looking beyond current profits; and the idea would be towards building a brand of assurance of service. I do appreciate such a company.

4. That people of the region would get a lot of comfort knowing that they have at least one manufacturer there to service their vehicles. Imagine the peace of midn and sense of goodwill it would bring for the company. A smart move.

Yes companies do do gimmicky things. Talk about Fuel Economy runs! But let us look beyond that also.

Again, good to read your counterpoint xing :)

Edit: Just seen Xing's post above, after I added mine. Yes Xing, the service centre owner too needs to be praised. But more clarity on the subject can be brought about by someone who knows the financial model of Maruti Service in general and about this case in particular.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 2435024)
I needed a correction for my understanding.

I am guessing other than MSM(Service Masters) all other Service center having Maruti badge are actually owned by some private entrepreuner which is franchisee of Maruti correct.

With that being the case I do am guessing the actual person who decided to open the service center needs to be praised.
There is is point in flowering so many praises on Maruti. correct me if I am wrong.

Of course Maruti has provided an opportunity for him to start this extension there. But its actually his money and his land etc.

Arent all service centers of all companies owned by private individuals. In case of Tata, for example, only Concorde service centers have a stake by tata(or had a stake).
Same for other companies. There are hardly any service centers actually owned by the company.

Speaking of coverage, if we consider the top 3.
Tata - Last workshop around Solan in HP in that sector, around 15 hours away from kaza. There is a dealer in Rampur, thats about it, but no service center
Mahindra - Rampur is the last
Maruti - They had a proper dealership and service center in Kalpa, Kinnaur, with parts for their small cars and gypsy, as well as a scanner for ECU.

Now they have gone to Kaza.

There is a reason, Maruti Alto and Wagon Rs are hot favorites in remote HP regions. Service is never a problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRtorquefan (Post 2433287)
Being not satisfied alone with the fact that they're having Biggest Service Network across the country, they've marched another step forward with another Milestone i.e; They inaugurated the Highest Service Centre in the country at Kaza in the Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh and is located at an altitude of 3740 meters above sea level.

Stupid me! I read the subject and interpreted highest workshop as "a workshop with a very high ceiling" :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2434351)

That's the 1st thing that came to my mind after I read the news.

I say - Well done Maruti!
clap:

@tanveer - you forget the omnis. even in sikkim, they are the favorite! and btw, even keylong has a MSIL service station!

@xing: Good points. Its MSIL cashing on the local demand. They may have reduced the deposit etc required for such a workshop compared to other centers just for brownie points, for instance.

Because you need to otherwise pay up crores for a workshop or a dealership etc. As for the tone, its just a media articleand our CRTF is clearly a MSIL fan whose over excited. Why get any more worked up? Checkmate, my foot!!

@BH: Its an entrepreneur's money, mostly!

xing,
i think you should see if the place benefits from this or not? You and I will forget this news item, sooner than we blink but for the locals in about 100-200 km, this will be a fantastic news for a long time to come.

May be then you will be less critical and see it as a good deed.

BH