Team-BHP - Chevy Aveo Sedan Launched in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Chevy Aveo Sedan Launched in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10476-chevy-aveo-sedan-launched-india-5.html)

well don think the chevy will do as well as the fiesta...hasnt had a ''all of a sudden impact''...while the fiesta has managed to get somewhere there..

We hear that the Aveo hatch may be delayed or even scrapped as a result of the recent Excise rebates...see Economic Times

The US auto major is launching it’s Aveo model with a 1.4 litre and 1.6 litre engine option. The hatch back comes within the 4000mm limit, but the engine option doesn’t. Sources indicate that to avail of the benefits, the car major might make a change in engine options.

DOes that mean they go back to the drawing board after "testing" the car around the country for over 1 year?

I dont think they have a 1200cc engine in their stables....or that a 1200cc engine can pull an Aveo. Diesels are the only options available to the Getz, Swift and Aveo. Now does GM have a decent small car diesel? Nope.

Aveo Hatch = Dead On Arrival?

Dont GM have a Suzuki link and hence the diesel engine thats gonna be for Swift can be sourced for Aveo..?

http://img442.imageshack.us/my.php?i...mage0280zr.jpg

Check this out guys. very very intersting indeed. 6 lacs on the road. drool:p

p.s: sorry for lq pic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid

indeed!

>>>>>shrt

I cant understand why GM India is cribbing like this. Both Swift and the Getz are in the same boat as well and probably the Palio too. So really your competetion is not at an advantage.

The Aveo dosent need to compete with Santro and Zen.....that was the Matiz/Spark's job.

Its easily noticed here that the suzuki swift in N.america is the same as cehvrolet Aveo.

I will try to check out which sell more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
We hear that the Aveo hatch may be delayed or even scrapped as a result of the recent Excise rebates...see Economic Times

The US auto major is launching it’s Aveo model with a 1.4 litre and 1.6 litre engine option. The hatch back comes within the 4000mm limit, but the engine option doesn’t. Sources indicate that to avail of the benefits, the car major might make a change in engine options.

DOes that mean they go back to the drawing board after "testing" the car around the country for over 1 year?

I dont think they have a 1200cc engine in their stables....or that a 1200cc engine can pull an Aveo. Diesels are the only options available to the Getz, Swift and Aveo. Now does GM have a decent small car diesel? Nope.

Highly unlikely
GM has already launched the car now going back will be nothing short of rubbing **** on their face.
GM can not go back, just can not.
They might increase price after some time saying it was introductory offer.

this kind of budgetary impact cannot be a significant long term consideration. Someone who decides on a car will not change the decision for a mere 12k or whatever. They usually offer more variation through discounts anyhow - can't see what the big deal is about.

Yesterday saw on TV, GM marketing Head talking to TV Auto Journilist and revealing the car details and allowing them to test drive the car. The Info which I could pick, is as follows:
Aveo Sedan coming in two versions 1.4l and 1.6l
1.4l has got 94ps power, which is best in it's class though handling is not good at high speeds.
Lengthwise car is longer than Fiesta but smaller than Honda City.
Widthwise it is wider than both Fiesta and City.
Approximate price range (TV Journilist gussing here, I think)
1.4l - 5.65 onwards

So from the whatever little known specs, Aveo is defnitatly going to create some excitement but the suceess depends on the Pricing.
What do you guys think?

Lets wait and see :)

What about the Aveo UA hatch..????
When is it going to be launched....

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen
What about the Aveo UA hatch..????
When is it going to be launched....

I have heard that first the Aveo Sedan will be launched and then after some time the UVA will be comming. Maybe atleast 2-3 months later the hatch will come. In October the SRV Optra will be launched not before. Thats what the dealer has said.

the aveo is being offered as a price to the winner of the great indian laughter challenge2(of pehchaan kaun fame!!!!) this time.....but i doubt it will make any inroads in a segment that is almost ruled by the honda city........on top of that the new vtec is a big thing to beat what with the strong honda brand badge and the legendary performance from the vtec engine...especially knowing the fact that all these european engines from opel or even chevrolet get really rough near the higher revs unlike the turbine smooth vtec that just loves to scream(more so the old one)...

The Aveo is not far away. I was just watching the news tonight where there was a story about actors Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukherjee being roped in as Brand Ambassadors for the Aveo and to be part of the tv commercials for the car . They showed some footage from the ad shoot as well.

The Aveo seems to be a good car. If they price it right i dont see why it cant be a winner