Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2012, 15:05   #181
BHPian

Re: Cruze Updates in pipeline: EDIT: Launched with new engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbobo View Post
Do you know if there are any discounts on the old cruze that might be in stock with the dealer? And what might be approx discounts?
You probably can get upto 30K off easily. Bargain harder and 50K also seems doable. Plus you can save some on insurance. Usually the dealership quote insurance with their margin included.
Old 29th June 2012, 15:20   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I had a doubt and called him and an he replied that it's ARAI figure shared in his training.

I have attached it as Zip format.

Price is increased by 1.2 Lakhs for LT Model and 0.3 Lakhs for LTZ Model.
Thanks for this.... very insightful.
Shaving 1s off a 0-100 time is a little hard to believe just by adding 16bhp. I read more than one report which says it's slower in a straight pedal-to-the-metal 0-100 sprint than the old Cruze but has better in-gear acceleration times.
Part of the reason for the better in-gear times is because they moved the intercooler to a more optimum position in the engine bay. The increase in FE from 13-14 to 17 is pretty believable though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Here are the prices(OTR) for the new Cruze in Bangalore.

LT - 17.33L
LTZ - 18.47L
LTZ AT - 19.59L

Add about 12K extra for Diamond White color. LT gets some extra features and its the VFM variant.
I have also attached a change content which describes the changes compared to the earlier version.
I have attached the price list. It gives the old price also. They might have some more older versions with them and hence the price list has the previous version..
I bought my LTZ in March to preempt the double-whammy of the excise hike increase as well as the price increase of the new model. Seems like I saved over a lakh. Now it's time to take some of those pennies I've saved and plonk in my tuning box!!!
Also, I'm really REALLY glad I bought the LTZ because there's not much a difference feature-wise between the old LTZ and the new one. There's a whopping difference between the old and new LTs though. If I'd bought the old LT I'd be pretty pissed off right now.
Old 30th June 2012, 10:46   #183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Here are the prices(OTR) for the new Cruze in Bangalore.

LT - 17.33L
LTZ - 18.47L
LTZ AT - 19.59L
With these prices, the Chevy just lost their advantage. The Cruze AT is now 8K more than the Laura Ambition DSG. When you compare the Laura with it's 140BHP DSG with the Cruze, performance is actually slightly better in the Laura as well as FE. The crucial features that the Laura lacks are leather, sunroof and climate control. Laura has better interior quality overall.

Earlier the Cruze was 80K lesser than the Laura, making a case for itself as you get more features with the Cruze for lesser price. Now both at the same price point means, people will get tempted by the DSG box as well.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 11:34   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
With these prices, the Chevy just lost their advantage. The Cruze AT is now 8K more than the Laura Ambition DSG. When you compare the Laura with it's 140BHP DSG with the Cruze, performance is actually slightly better in the Laura as well as FE. The crucial features that the Laura lacks are leather, sunroof and climate control. Laura has better interior quality overall.

Earlier the Cruze was 80K lesser than the Laura, making a case for itself as you get more features with the Cruze for lesser price. Now both at the same price point means, people will get tempted by the DSG box as well.
I agree. Plus you can get a hefty discount on the Laura. I dont know why Chevy (or for that matter other manufacturers) doesnt offer the AT on the lower variants. An AT on the LT variant sounds good, it has all the gadgets one wants, plus it will be way cheaper than the LTZ AT.
Old 30th June 2012, 15:12   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion in the 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Review Thread. This thread is closed.

Looks like the new engine is being used as an excuse by Chevy to increase prices. A facelift in conjuction with the new engine would have been more convincing for the Indian car buyer IMO. THe Cruze has always been considered as a good value package when compared to its Euro competitors. They are risking losing this advantage.

The Cruze always had surplus power for the average car buyer and that was never its weakness. With the engine upgrade there is nothing so much extra that Chevy is offering to its buyers. The D1 segment is already in trouble with buyers having trouble in seeing the logic for paying so much more compared to C2 sedans. Really wish Chevy had not disturbed the pricing.

Last edited by GTO : 17th August 2012 at 15:55. Reason: Adding link to review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks