Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2012, 15:02   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: New Maruti 800. EDIT : CLEAR scoop pictures on Page 18 & 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Read my post carefully. I was saying that Swift will sell even without the Fiat diesel mill, because of the looks.

And if you say Swift is a copy, I will say they copied it gracefully, and not even Mini manufacturers complained. Remember the old gen sonata, and Jaguar sued them in court.

Also, when you point out each and every part of Maruti and say that hey are ugly, think of their manufacturer's cars also - Tatas have worst set of rear lamps, i10 has the most irritating and uninspiring head lamps, santro has the most crude body design, and figo has the oldest kind of body design even now, imo.

If that is the only reason for Maruti's supremacy, it would have been a past story now, just like those ambys and padminis. But even after more than 12 years after other global manufacturers' arrival, Maruti still survives with a 40% market share.
@romeomidhun I agree with your 1st half regarding the Swift being a good car & design, but, you could have avoided your outburst in the second half .

IMO the new M800 is a mish-mash of other products design features, but, don't you think all well when the car sells well. Critics can say anything, but it is the public who is the kingmaker, & this car will be lapped up well by the middle class, like any other Maruti Suzuki product.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 15:25   #272
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
@romeomidhun I agree with your 1st half regarding the Swift being a good car & design, but, you could have avoided your outburst in the second half please
Sorry, if that hurts you, but I had to prove a point that other manufactures also are making bad looking cars.

Quote:
IMO the new M800 is a mish-mash of other products design features, but, don't you think all well when the car sells well. Critics can say anything, but it is the public who is the kingmaker, & this car will be lapped up well by the middle class, like any other Maruti Suzuki product.
Yes, this car is a soup of alto k10, astar, i10, i20 and figo. But as I had mentioned earlier many times, there is no problem in bringing such designs or continuing with old tech or designs, as long as customers are ready to pay and even wait for those cars, imo. Afterall, beauty lies in the eyes, not on paper!
Old 17th September 2012, 16:25   #273
BANNED

Good to see the pictures out but dissapointed with them.

The rear end looks like an A-Star and the front end resembles the Ford Figo (Headlamps and Grill design)

Why do most of the phased out cars when re-launched look like the Estilo/WagonR? Do engineers at Maruti are good at tall - boy designs?!

Lets see how the markets respond to this car!
Old 17th September 2012, 16:48   #274
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm ... Really nice catch by BHPian as always. The car looks really cool. If it is going to be positioned below Alto, means it will be around 2.5 Lacs. For that price i guess its a fabulous car for sure. No body will argue on that i guess. I am eager to see this car launched now. I am ready to buy this car for my wife.

With this car, i am sure that Maruti will increase their share in the Indian market. They will again go close to that 50% mark. Lets see how everything goes.
Old 17th September 2012, 16:52   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Hmmm ... Really nice catch by BHPian as always. The car looks really cool. If it is going to be positioned below Alto, means it will be around 2.5 Lacs. For that price i guess its a fabulous car for sure. No body will argue on that i guess. I am eager to see this car launched now. I am ready to buy this car for my wife.
This car is supposed to be the replacement for Alto, So it is going to replace current Alto ( 800 one no k10 )

A good move by maruti is thay they provided Airbag in lxi variant, I doubt if ABS will be there.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 17th September 2012, 17:31   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Some more pics of the car seen in real flesh:Lxi model with company fitted CNG:
The person said that the car will be launched in October or by Diwali.
Where were the pictures clicked?
Location in your profile says Chandigarh.
Just wondering since Chandigarh does not have CNG for now.
Old 17th September 2012, 22:20   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587
Where were the pictures clicked?
Location in your profile says Chandigarh.
Just wondering since Chandigarh does not have CNG for now.
The pic was clicked in tricity area (chd, pkl and mohali). The car might have travelled all the way from Delhi or might have come in a flatbed. The guy driving the car was in a hurry so didn't get enough time to get all these details.
Old 18th September 2012, 15:42   #278
BHPian

A reliable little birdie reconfirms the launch date as 12th October. Now to wait and watch. Copied/Inspired or not, IMHO this is Maruti's best design since the Swift.
Old 18th September 2012, 15:55   #279
BHPian

Who is the copy cat??

My my, I found this on the Indianautosblog and was really surprised to find the almost both the cars sharing a very common, striking detailed look!!

Check this out!http://indianautosblog.com/2012/09/s...aruti-alto-800
vinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 16:20   #280
BHPian

Re: Who is the copy cat??

Oh boy... Remember how Ford had copyrighted the Trademark "SPLASH" leading to renaming of a fresh launch as "RITZ" some years back?

So is Maruti trying to get even now?

Clearly, no love lost between the two auto majors here!
Old 18th September 2012, 17:19   #281
BHPian

An airbag on the LXI variant! Unbelievable!
Maruti is doing the right thing with this. Safety should be the number one priority. Most people say that safety isn't even considered for buying budget cars but I am of the opinion that this mindset will change once cars at the lower end start getting safety features.
After all you can't agree with something unless you know what it is.
Old 18th September 2012, 20:19   #282
BANNED

Re: Who is the copy cat??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
My my, I found this on the Indianautosblog and was really surprised to find the almost both the cars sharing a very common, striking detailed look!!

Check this out!http://indianautosblog.com/2012/09/s...aruti-alto-800
I agree that new Alto 800 head lamp and upper grill looks similar to that of current Figo. But how that lower air wents now looks exactly similar? We have to note that Alto800 scoops were out much earlier than that of the Figo facelift. So we can assume that here Ford copied that from Maruti!

Here's the old and new Figo fronts, and new Alto800.
Attached Thumbnails
New Maruti Alto 800. EDIT : CLEAR scoop pictures on Page 18 & 20 - Now Launched-ford_figo_4.jpg  

New Maruti Alto 800. EDIT : CLEAR scoop pictures on Page 18 & 20 - Now Launched-2012fordfigofaceliftspyshot2.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 18th September 2012 at 20:25.
Old 18th September 2012, 22:16   #283
MHG
BHPian

The similarities are indeed shocking between Figo refresh and Alto refresh. How is the copyright situation in the car industry as compared to that in the mobile phone industry ? Because I see several designs being copied or "inspired" and everyone seems to be getting away with it (there is no apple among auto manufacturers yet to sue everyone else over small things).

And any idea though how the new 800cc engine would perform ? And its fuel efficiency ? Maruti would need to ensure that it returns above 18 in city conditions to be able to be projected as a good value buy.
Old 18th September 2012, 22:31   #284
BANNED

Source: http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/m...res-why-62030/

They claim this Alto800 will be positioned above Alto because:

"The 2012 Maruti Alto 800 comes with a brand new dashboard that looks more upmarket than the bare basic unit of the Alto F8D.
* Power windows are standard on (Alto800).
* The Alto 800 gets a driver side airbag, and this is a feature that is not available even on the more powerful Alto K10.
* The Alto 800 also seems bigger than the Alto F8D in terms of the room offered on the interiors.
* The instrumentation used on the Alto 800 are a step up from the bare basic units found on the Alto F8D."

They also mention that current Alto will be positioned lower.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 18th September 2012 at 22:34.
Old 19th September 2012, 00:40   #285
Senior - BHPian

i would rather ride in a Volvo bus than drive this car, if these were the choices on offer. Luckily, even in India there are choices for the discerning and i'm sure this car will sell like 'hotcakes' in this market. There is no redeeming feature in this car that makes me want to stand in line to buy one. It isn't cheap either. Another Suzuki rip-off.

Last edited by nickatnite : 19th September 2012 at 00:44.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks