Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 21:55   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaks15 View Post
The 15L Aria comes with all 4 discs and all time 4X4 'torque on demand' technology. It also carries the dual mass flywheel in the engine.
Yup that's what I'm saying. What if I don't need a MPV with 4X4? The dual mass flywheel doesnt matter to a buyer at all. They have added it to reduce the vibrations from the ancient engine. The Innova has no such problems.

The dual mass flywheel will also cost much more to replace so it's a disadvantage.

The disc brakes are good to have.

The 4X2 Aria will probably be closely priced to the Innova and that may actually be a good option to the Innova.

Anyways let's go back to discussing the facelifted Innova.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 21:59   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Kindly go through the various threads on Tata vehicles in the Forum to know more. Also refer to numerous market surveys/studies.

========
Toyota & Tata only share a "T", rest all is as different as chalk & cheese.Period.
Dear AWD as the period suggests you are no more open to discussion, so i will not bang my head here.

A general comment from nano/ace to aria/Prima , tata have gone a long way and markets are responding to that change. As for toyota a legacy of reliability (innova, fortuner, etios) strengthens their case and they continue to build on it. Players in different capacities, wont label either as chalk or cheese.
Old 1st August 2011, 23:42   #48
BHPian

The interiors of the new kijang innova feels like it was put together as part of an after thought.

The screen for the infotainment or probably the multi info display could have been better integrated to the dashboard. It looks like the dashboard has told the screen to keep of it. The dashboard in itself is looking dated and the combination of mild colors are not helping.

With the New MUV from Maruti expected this year and the rumor it is aimed squarely at the innova, toyota should begin to do something about it. Maruti might not be the only one. Renault is also coming into the segment. New found interest in this segment is certainly spicing up the whole place.

Toyota should try and shed the boxy image and give more curves or sharp styling to an MUV making it look more attractive. Design is aged and is clearly making it look even more older than it actually is.

We all know that Innova is no classic and so it should re invent and be given facelift to stay put under stiff competition.

On that The family van looks awesome. I am sure that it is not coming to india anytime soon.
Old 2nd August 2011, 02:08   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Except the steering wheel,nothing else impresses.

Kijang or no Kijang , the current Innova in India IMHO looks great everyway -Jhakkaas Innova maybe????
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:51   #50
Senior - BHPian

Tweeted -

hormazdsorabjee Hormazd Sorabjee
Upgrade coming mid-2012. All-new Innova in 2014 @Hemal_Thakker u plz confirm if there is a new upgraded Innova expected anytime soon?

So its nearly a year away...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 20:14   #51
Senior - BHPian

Pics someone posted in a facebook page, this time, with an Innova badge instead of Kijang
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-310761_219255974802633_100001546960800_571432_285294351_n.jpg  

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-302538_219255808135983_100001546960800_571431_1978925637_n.jpg  

Old 4th October 2011, 20:39   #52
BHPian

Lanson Toyota, Chennai has stopped all bookings for the Innova indicating a new model is all set to launch in the Jan/Feb time frame. Is this is the same with dealers in other cities as well?

No information on what are the changes in the new model and the pricing.
Old 4th October 2011, 20:43   #53
BHPian

Hope this time we will get an automatic . Any news of this?
Old 4th October 2011, 20:55   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Hormazd says the face lifted version will be launching at the Auto expo in Jan ! I think its hopeless & think the current version is better.

And I also hope that they do something to reduce the waiting periods - I was quoted a waiting period of 6 months here in Kerala. I am keen on the next all new gen and hope they load the car with some nice gizmos and make it comparable to Aria & XUV !
Old 4th October 2011, 22:43   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

And I also hope that they do something to reduce the waiting periods - I was quoted a waiting period of 6 months here in Kerala. I
Kottayam has Nippon, if I'm right. In Cochin, the GX variant has a waiting period of 7+ months, but if you know thr right people, you can get one almost readily if you're not choosy about the color. Super White however is hard to get.

Nippon sells so many vehicles, their service is losing its quality.
Old 4th October 2011, 22:56   #56
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Pics someone posted in a facebook page, this time, with an Innova badge instead of Kijang
I like the face-lifted Innova better. Looks more matured with its body headlights. I just hope Innova gets a 6 Speed gearbox as the engine spins at too high an rpm at 3 digit speeds.
Old 12th October 2011, 21:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

My thumb is with yours , the current interiors look far more 'together'than what is displayed in the images above , the system , ac knobs just stand out in a not a very good manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Interiors get a thumbs down. The dash lid looks to be lowered, like it was lowered from Corolla to Altis, good thing this, increases forward visibility & aids shorter drivers.

Exterior too looks like a downgrade from present rounded to more boxy.

Minus the Alloys & TS-ICE, this vehicle would look very bland.
Old 8th November 2011, 15:19   #58
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Innova Facelift - Caught testing in B'lore

Guys... Happened to read this in IAB

Quote:
Our Bangalore based reader Niketh sent us this image showing the Toyota Innova facelift, unveiled in Indonesia back in July, testing with thread sealing tape on the bodywork.
The appreciable change to the rear profile is the stop light cluster with a revised layout. The current Innova’s stop light is split into two parts (red and transparent) compared to the three part tail lamp on the facelift. The chrome embellishment above the number plate is redesigned. The bumper and windshield are retained.
The makeover to the front fascia is markedly different including sharp headlights, squared grille and a fresh bumper. On the mechanical front it is the familiar 2.5-liter diesel engine married to the 5 speed manual gearbox continuing service.
Toyota has its work cut out after floods in Thailand disrupted production and forced vendors to shut down factories. Toyota imports critical components from Thailand for the Innova and Fortuner which share the same platform.
No doubt that the impact of the floods will be felt at the Bidadi assembly line. Whether the floods have played spoilsport with the launch plans needs to be seen.
This facelift will blow some more years into the ageing Innova. With the XUV around, Innova sales have come down and this facelift may not be enough to turn the sales northwards.

Picture Courtesy: IAB

MODS: Please merge this post if a thread already exists
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-toyotainnovafacelift.jpg  

Old 8th November 2011, 15:33   #59
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Innova Facelift - Caught testing in B'lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
This facelift will blow some more years into the ageing Innova. With the XUV around, Innova sales have come down and this facelift may not be enough to turn the sales northwards.
Any face lift will be welcome on the Innova. TKM has worked hard to get more private owners as apposed to taxi operators. Plain looks make the Innova more suitable as a taxi.

Frankly I doubt that the XUV would impact Innova sales. This is because the customer segments are different. XUV is an owner driven car whilst the Innova will remain largely a driver driven car. Secondly Toyoto's production constraints at around 4500+ ensures a healthy waiting period. Thirdly MM cannot scale up production on XUV easily from the current levels of 2000.

Innova volumes is expected to be lower than usual due to their dependence on Thailand for their engines. The demand for the Innova remains very robust

Cheers

KPS
Old 8th November 2011, 15:48   #60
Team-BHP Support

Re: Innova Facelift - Caught testing in B'lore

If the "facelift" has just the enhancements mentioned in the report, I doubt that's going to impact Innova's sales in any way.

Agree, the dent of XUV into Innova's sales won't be that big as only a handful of people would have requirements that both XUV and Innova would suffice.

For Innova, M&M has Xylo.

Btw, Innova hasn't been facelifted yet, right? (Apart from the prism headlight and tail-lamp gig)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks