Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2011, 16:01   #61
BHPian

Re: Innova Facelift - Caught testing in B'lore

Innova and XUV are totally different markets. Innova is a comfortable and practical 7/8 seater. The XUV is a practical 5 seater (sports looking, self drive) SUV. The market they address is different. So I do not see a very big overlap here.

Actually Innova does not need a face lift to sell more, in my opinion they are selling as much as the market can take, there is not more market that they need to address. The face lift in my view is just to keep the freshness alive. I expect only minor changes.
Old 8th November 2011, 16:08   #62
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

There did not seem to be any major difference at least in the rear. Differnt tail lights in the same place, possibly a different bit of badging and a chrome strip, the rear bumper seemed the same. There seemed to be some cladding on the side, but overall it seemed more of the same rather than anything new.
Old 8th November 2011, 16:24   #63
Senior - BHPian

I can see the 'Back'lift but where is the 'Face'lift? :-D

By the way, don't think this is going to do much for Toyota.

Innova has been hammered from both sides now, by Xylo and XUV. The Taxi Market is more interested nowadays in the Xylo, and the Personal Segment buyer would find much more in the XUV.
Old 8th November 2011, 16:34   #64
Senior - BHPian

Even after the facelift I dont think there will be surge in demand of Innova. Even if its the facelift, it seems only the head light and tail lights are going to be redesigned and at most the front grille. The side profile and the interiors still remain almost same. But still Innova is considered better compared to Xylo and it is more in demand if you try to book a taxi.
Off topic. Toyota are really worst at masking their cars. They should learn from their German counter parts.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 8th November 2011 at 16:35.
Old 8th November 2011, 17:44   #65
BHPian

There is no big change noticed in the outlook atleast. They need to upgrade the interiors to make it a blast. After being driving the innova for last three years, I feel TKM should definitely think about Thigh Support and Good Music system
contactme27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 17:57   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
There is no big change noticed in the outlook atleast. They need to upgrade the interiors to make it a blast. After being driving the innova for last three years, I feel TKM should definitely think about Thigh Support and Good Music system
Totally agree with you. Rather then playing with the design of tail light they should probably think of adding some basic equipment to the car. The XUV will hurt them ( IF) only for the plain reason that its loaded with gadgets. And sooner or later people are going to be asking Toyota why are they not providing even basic stuff like Auto-folding mirror when the rivals have added every possible luxury in there car.

Personally I feel the new front end looks uglier then the current one.
Old 8th November 2011, 18:03   #67
SDP
Team-BHP Support

I don't really see XUV as competition to Innova, but Xylo is. Except for the badge value and reputation for reliability, the Xylo has everything that Innova has and more.

In my opinion, such half-hearted face-lifts (please refer to ANHC facelift as well) are just to create some market flutter. If I recollect correctly, Toyoto does have bigger vans, 10-14 people capacity, 4 rows of seating. That would be an interesting segment to enter. Something smaller than Tempo Traveller and Tata Winger, something way more stylish than the 2 mentioned with plush interiors. Some offering from Toyoto in that category could be a worthy successor to the legendary Innova.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 18:15   #68
BHPian

I think this is 2012 model.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-2012_toyota_innova_05.jpg  

Attached Images

nijan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 23:30   #69
BHPian

Whether there is a face lift thats launched now or not, Innova bookings will be flooded from taxi market and from private owners. This facelift model will draw some customers to the showroom who are bored seeing the old Innova on road, finally they will feel carried away with the new one so they will book it and leave. After few months they will realise that their Innova is even one amongst thousands on road.
Old 9th November 2011, 08:57   #70
BHPian

Re: 2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally

TKM is actively doing road tests of the so called "facelifted" Innovas as I am regularly seeing masked Innova "like" vehicles near the TKM factory , returning to their base after their daily test runs. Haven't got a chance to click a snap.
Old 9th November 2011, 08:58   #71
Senior - BHPian

BTW, just to be clear, isnt this the 2nd facelift that Innova is getting? I dont know if this has been already discussed.
Old 9th November 2011, 09:54   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
BTW, just to be clear, isnt this the 2nd facelift that Innova is getting? I dont know if this has been already discussed.
Yes its the second one. The first change was some 3 years back I guess when they changed the taillights slightly. The new ones do look better. This will be the second facelift and going by that front end I would say a little radical for Toyota. I somehow like the current front end then this one. I hope they do add some basic equipment to the car.
Old 9th November 2011, 10:50   #73
Team-BHP Support

Is there any predicted info on when an "all new" / "next gen" Innova is scheduled? This model seems to have run a fairly long course, facelift notwithstanding.
Old 13th November 2011, 09:46   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
TKM is actively doing road tests of the so called "facelifted" Innovas as I am regularly seeing masked Innova "like" vehicles near the TKM factory , returning to their base after their daily test runs. Haven't got a chance to click a snap.
I saw this Innova like masked vehicle last noon in Kengeri Upanagar main road. It was completely masked at front and partially at rear. I think its the same car which MAS has reported in his post.

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-photo0019.jpg

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-photo0018.jpg

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 13th November 2011 at 09:52.
Old 13th November 2011, 11:00   #75
BHPian

Can somebody enlighten me why Innova has so much less max. torque (200Nm) (almost equal to a Swift), while having such large cubic capacity engine (2500cc to Swift's 1300cc)? Even the power is not much. Is it due to it being an obsolete technology engine? I am sure there is some catch which I am unable to understand. After-all it is not selling in such huge quantity for no reasons. Also is the torque enough to make Leh ladakh trip carrying 6+ adults? Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks