Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2011, 13:10   #91
BHPian

Re: 2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
I like the new face, both outside and from the inside! In one of the shots from the link you can see the old v/s the new and the new looks much better, more character. The central video console could be a multi display unit display with rear visibility (what else could be worth a 80K more? if that is true). the steering seems to imitate the Corolla. Nice. Again like the usual Q, what will be the cost!
The Steering wheel look good and upmarket. There are no Reverse Sensors and Cam for the Top end variant.
Old 28th November 2011, 13:25   #92
Senior - BHPian

Innova Facelift caught ad-shooting in Goa!

Source
Quote:
On the facelift, Toyota has placed a screen on the center of the dashboard that serves as the interface for the entertainment system. The multi-function steering wheel has dull gray inserts. Rest of the interior has not changed.
Guru adds that the Indian spec model besides cosmetic changes does not have much to show. The engine produces the exact same outputs and Toyota has left out the AT option in India yet again.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-toyotainnovafaceliftgoaadshoot4.jpg  

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-toyotainnovafaceliftgoaadshoot3.jpg  

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-toyotainnovafaceliftgoaadshoot5.jpg  

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-toyotainnovafaceliftgoaadshoot1.jpg  

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-toyotainnovafaceliftgoaadshoot2.jpg  

Scorcher is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 13:45   #93
BHPian

Not loving the new look, it just looks a badly pimped out Innova. The centre fascia looks too bland to me. However, what looks quite interesting is the automatic transmission option on this variant. Do you think that will be launched here ?
Old 28th November 2011, 13:53   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
Do you think that will be launched here ?
Its said in the quote in my above post itself that the AT option has yet again been ruled out for India.
Old 28th November 2011, 14:55   #95
BHPian

AT option on G-SP variant would have been better package for private buyers. Toyota missed it
Old 28th November 2011, 15:01   #96
BHPian

Off-Topic: Is the toyota fortuner actually a hit in India?
Old 28th November 2011, 15:02   #97
Team-BHP Support

Looks even more like a van now. I think the older looks a little better than this actually. The rear tail lamps look out of place. It looks like they had to change it no matter what so they did it just for the heck of it.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 15:37   #98
Senior - BHPian

Though it's just a minor facelift but overall definitely looks well balanced than the outgoing model. The Front carries forward the family look from the Prado and the upcoming Fortuner. The touchscreen is a welcome addition though I don't really get the half-baked effort from Toyota in leaving out the GPS and Bluetooth controls on the steering as is available in it's Thai models. Always a little shortchanged for the Indian market?

Toyota will definitely consolidate the already solid market base it has for the best MUV & SUV in the country by face-lifting both the products in the respective segments.

Last edited by dkaile : 28th November 2011 at 15:39.
Old 28th November 2011, 16:04   #99
BHPian

IMO, the front looks nicer, but the tail lamps now resemble the previous generation Wagon R. The Corolla/ Camry- inspired steering wheel and the new alloys look good, too. Hope Toyota offers a 'G- Option/ Safety Pack" grade or simply upgrade the current G with ABS, and a white colour option on the top spec.

The car has become pricey, Toyota dealers have become indifferent, and the service quality is now really poor nowadays. But unless the Ertiga comes with a really attractive price and packaging, we are left with little by way of an alternative. M&M lost an opportunity with their Xylo which makes its travelers throw up due to the poor body control, and scares kids with its horrendous looks. Tata equally screwed up by pricing the Aria way too high. So Toyota is left with a clear shot all the way to the bank.
Old 28th November 2011, 23:07   #100
Team-BHP Support

If the older Toyota Innova resembled a traditional fat Japanese lady, this new one looks just like the same traditional fat Japanese lady albeit with loads of mascara, a fake smile and fresh jewelry.

Apologies, and no offense to Japanese people, 'healthy' people or traditional people :P

Jokes apart, I think Toyota missed a trick or two, by giving the AT tranny a skip. Sad.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th November 2011 at 23:10.
Old 28th November 2011, 23:28   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Innova Facelift caught ad-shooting in Goa!

Source
Assuming all pictures are of V version, If you notice the picture of the interior, The wood finish on the fascia near the AC vents are missing, but are present on the driver side door. The wood trim is a blackish brown seen on the limited edition crysta.

Taking the pictures for a stock V model,
  • No Chrome ORVMs, at least from the pictures.
  • No Toyota wording on the 5th door
  • No Wood Finish center AC Vents
  • Smaller fog lamp (visually)
  • No rear Chrome exhaust tip (exhaust is pointing downwards)
  • Bluetooth on steering wheel
  • Better music system from Corolla
  • Leather Steering cover (By logic seats must be leather too)
  • Bold Tail gate applique
  • New look head and tail lamps
Old 29th November 2011, 13:34   #102
BHPian

I do not quite understand the logic of these "upgrades". If aint broke dont fix it.
Why mess with a decent looking vehicle. In any event I guess that "likes" are subjective. May be next they will take a leaf out of Maruti's book and launch a special edition with some ugly graphics. Oops! already used that one.

Toyota disappoints!
Old 29th November 2011, 14:22   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

I somehow like the front better. Especially when you compare with the older Innova in the first pic, right behind the new Innova. I hope they havechanged the ACC buttons too. That's some thing I hate so much - looks outright crappy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Taking the pictures for a stock V model,
  • No Chrome ORVMs, at least from the pictures.
  • No Toyota wording on the 5th door
  • No Wood Finish center AC Vents
  • Smaller fog lamp (visually)
  • No rear Chrome exhaust tip (exhaust is pointing downwards)
Looks like they skipped the rear spoiler too in the V variant ?
Old 29th November 2011, 22:23   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I somehow like the front better. Especially when you compare with the older Innova in the first pic, right behind the new Innova. I hope they havechanged the ACC buttons too. That's some thing I hate so much - looks outright crappy![/list]Looks like they skipped the rear spoiler too in the V variant ?
That was a nice Catch w.r.t AC Vents.

Spoiler was always offered as an accessory in the V model. The features that i had mentioned, other than the chrome exhause tips are out of the box features in a V model.
Old 29th November 2011, 23:11   #105
BHPian

Looks wise its a eyesore still, and I dont see any parking sensors in the Goa shoot vehicle. Is that dropped off the list for a V-variant?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed