Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2011, 20:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally

If you ask me, the only good that could come out of this is that the current INNOVA would get cheaper in the second-hand market
Old 23rd July 2011, 21:18   #32
BHPian

Hmm after seeing some scoop pics on another site, my initial stance has changed somewhat.

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-2012_toyota_innova_1.jpg

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-2012_toyota_innova_0.jpg

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-2012_toyota_innova_2.jpg

Source: Nonstopcars.com

The black one looks good-I think it's the top end "V" model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
If you ask me, the only good that could come out of this is that the current INNOVA would get cheaper in the second-hand market
As much as I would like that, I don't think it will happen. The changes to the 'new' innova are only skin-deep (unless they plonk in a new engine) and I can't see the value of the old ones being affected
Old 26th July 2011, 09:33   #33
BHPian

New 2012 Toyota Innova revealed!...

Dear BHPians we all would be glad to know the the new 2012 Toyota Innova has been revealed at the Indonesian Motor Show.

This news was being awaited since long and here are the details as being given on the Autocar India website:

Toyota has unveiled a refreshed Innova at the Indonesian motor show.

As seen from the pictures, Toyota has given its brilliant people mover a major facelift, with new lights and a new grille and the profile has been altered a bit as well. The upright grille sits more vertically than the current car and this means the bonnet looks less van like. The new headlights have been stretched over the fenders, and the fogs and chin are new as well. It also gets new alloy wheels. The styling updates at the rear include a new bumper, re-styled number-plate housing and re-profiled tail lamps.

As seen from the pictures, there are minor tweaks to the interiors, the manual A/C controls get bigger knobs and the centre console gets a wood-trim surround, and there is an all-new steering wheel which seems to be borrowed from the Corolla Altis.

While the pictures are from a petrol version which will be sold in the Indonesian market, we don't expect any change to the current 2.5 common rail diesel motor on duty in our market. However, it could be updated and deliver more power and torque.

What remains to be seen however with this car is whether Toyota maintains the current price line. The Innova has easily seen off many recent threats from competitors and with no creditable rivals in sight,

Toyota may just take the opportunity to stretch the margin on this car when they launch it sometime in the middle of 2012.

Source: :: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE :: and Paul Tan's Automotive News

(P.S: The details are as it is given on the website and I haven't made any changes.)

@Mods, if you feel that such a thread already exists then please delete or merge this thread with it.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-dsc02986_770.jpg  

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-dsc02985_770.jpg  

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-dsc02989_770.jpg  

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-dsc02995.jpg  

Old 26th July 2011, 15:03   #34
Team-BHP Support

Argh! Bad job at a "facelift".

I can't believe it is a Toyota that you see those cup holders in the centre!

Btw, is that black thing on the driver-side A-pillar for the antenna? I don't think previous gens. have had it.

The new Innova seems to just have new headlights and tail-lamps; otherwise it is still boring.
Old 26th July 2011, 15:10   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Diesel Innova with A/T ???....absolutely no reason for Toyota to not launch A/T here.
Agree 100%. Only thing is that probably the market is mostly institutional and commercial. So the demand may not be there.

As for interiors, there is a lot of country specific customisation - horses for courses! So we must wait and see what is coming our way.
Old 1st August 2011, 18:27   #36
BHPian

Whatever be the facelift (rather facedown!), it will sell in India. There is no competition in that price range and quality! Looks are boring from top to bottom (I too own an Innova!) Interiors of the current breed in India are pretty good. The new dashboard looks very odd. I might be ok with the new front looks.

I think the most critical features that Toyota should add -
a) Engine D4D is good, but 130+BHP is a must.
b) Another 50Nm torque.
c) Autofold mirrors. I guess even top end VX model doesnt have it. I sorely miss this
d) Bigger wheels. Must be R17 with 225+ wide tyres.
e) Suspension can be improved.
Old 1st August 2011, 19:00   #37
BHPian

i hope Toyota has not done the facelift for the heck of it. Hope they give better interiors and good auto tranny
Old 1st August 2011, 19:17   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

The only problem I have with this car is the interiors ! I just cant believe people are ready to pay 14 / 15L for this spartan car over feature rich Aria ! But I have all praises for the ride quality of this car.
Old 1st August 2011, 19:27   #39
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I just cant believe people are ready to pay 14 / 15L for this spartan car over feature rich Aria !
Did it ever occur to you that there's a thing called "Peace of mind" & "bulletproof reliability". Consumers want reliable machines that do not ditch them in the middle of nowhere. Also they don't want to frequent the workshops for every single issue arising on a routine basis.

Regarding AT Innova, FE which is already not great, will go for a further dip. More suitable in cars like Corolla.
Old 1st August 2011, 19:38   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The only problem I have with this car is the interiors ! I just cant believe people are ready to pay 14 / 15L for this spartan car over feature rich Aria ! But I have all praises for the ride quality of this car.
Feature rich Aria costs 19L on road in bangalore whereas fully loaded Innova V variant is 15.5L. If I want reliability, space, car like drive and no nonsense ride/handling why would I look at the Aria?
Old 1st August 2011, 19:59   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Did it ever occur to you that there's a thing called "Peace of mind" & "bulletproof reliability". Consumers want reliable machines that do not ditch them in the middle of nowhere. Also they don't want to frequent the workshops for every single issue arising on a routine basis.
Absolutely ! I am a guy who frequent on highways with one side trips of 600 kms. But is the Aria that bad that it breaks down on the road? At least I never read of anything like that, so would be nice to know about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Feature rich Aria costs 19L on road in bangalore whereas fully loaded Innova V variant is 15.5L. If I want reliability, space, car like drive and no nonsense ride/handling why would I look at the Aria?
I guess we need to compare both the cars at the same price point and the Aria at 19L sure is miles ahead of Innova top of the line.

So at 15L Aria has a version which is equally or better equipped than the Innova top of the line.

And of all the criteria that you have mentioned, the only point where Innova is better considered is the reliability part. I would say they still have that advantage because we, consumers cannot digest the fact that TATA has gone miles ahead with the technology. And I hope a 4x2 will bring down the price range of Aria to a very desirable level and force Toyota to give up the premium they charge for their "reliability" factor.

Also I am talking about the private ownership where we keep the cars to a max 1L kilometer before we sell it, generally.

PS
:: I dont think I have come across any "reliability" issues with the Aria ownership in this forum. If there are any, pointers will be appreciated as I could keep myself updated about that.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st August 2011 at 20:04.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 19:59   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Agreed Toyota stands for reliability, and their cars do not ditch you in the middle of nowhere. But on what basis can we say the other products in market will not do the same in future. Competitive forces in market pushes everyone to improve.
As for Aria, it is a new product that is loaded with a lot of features and looking at tata s learning curve specially after buying JLR I would like to see Aria running on roads for atleast 2 years before commenting whether it is 'bulletproof/bombproof/no-proof' reliable.
Old 1st August 2011, 20:12   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I guess we need to compare both the cars at the same price point and the Aria at 19L sure is miles ahead of Innova top of the line.

So at 15L Aria has a version which is equally or better equipped than the Innova top of the line.
The 15L Aria doesnt even come with Alloy wheels. All the features are removed in the lower variants.
Old 1st August 2011, 20:33   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The 15L Aria doesnt even come with Alloy wheels. All the features are removed in the lower variants.
The 15L Aria comes with all 4 discs and all time 4X4 'torque on demand' technology. It also carries the dual mass flywheel in the engine.
Old 1st August 2011, 21:32   #45
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
is the Aria that bad that it breaks down on the road? At least I never read of anything like that
Atleast going by its predecessors, no other story can be told. You need examples to bank upon, Tata over here has not set the right ones so far. Aria has sold in so low numbers, ownership experience would be hard to come by. I hope & wish Tata has improved by leaps & bounds with Aria but this remains to be seen, there's a huge question mark & there would be few who would be risking their ~15L with this product. Im not even talking of the horrendous price tag the vehicle supports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaks15 View Post
But on what basis can we say the other products in market will not do the same in future. Competitive forces in market pushes everyone to improve.
As for Aria, it is a new product that is loaded with a lot of features and looking at tata s learning curve specially after buying JLR I would like to see Aria running on roads for atleast 2 years before commenting whether it is 'bulletproof/bombproof/no-proof' reliable.
Kindly go through the various threads on Tata vehicles in the Forum to know more. Also refer to numerous market surveys/studies.

An end consumer wants an "improved" product & not one that is "improving". Very few would allow themselves to be the scapegoat.

Features & stuff can never compensate for weak basics. Basics here being a solid, reliable, niggle free vehicle. First have these qualities & then go on to add features. Tata could not build reliable vehicles, load them up with features & its a sure shot recipe to nothing less than disaster. Imagine running around to the workshop every other day for a new feature conking off/giving up on a day to day basis!

Toyota & Tata only share a "T", rest all is as different as chalk & cheese.Period.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks