Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2011, 15:55   #121
BHPian

Re: 2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally

I saw a all Patched up looking vehicle in Bangalore. It might be this, or not! I am not sure. I will post the pic once i reach home.
Old 6th December 2011, 19:16   #122
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing those lovely pics in the forum. Though this so-called facelift looks meaningless, it helps in keeping the model updated and fresh. Believe it or not, anything that is launched with the tag 'facelifted' or 'all-new' in India creates a big perception among many people.

A friend of mine had spotted the same Innova partly camouflaged, doing its test runs in Chennai. With the model already launched in so many countries across the world and this being a strictly cosmetic facelift with no mechanical changes whatsoever, I really do not understand why Toyota is taking so much pains to test it, that too with the camouflage on? In my opinion, the new Innova would attract less attention if it is left unmasked as people can hardly note the differences than this partly-masked test vehicle that invariably turns more heads.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-toyota-innova-facelift-spyshot-1.jpg  

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-toyota-innova-facelift-spyshot-2.jpg  

arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 19:42   #123
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I saw the heavily patched up Innova today in Tambaram. The car did not look very different and without the camouflage I would have failed to identify it.
Old 6th December 2011, 19:42   #124
Senior - BHPian

Toyota has a feeling that whatever they throw to the Indian customers would be greedily brought by them, just like throwing food to a pack of hungry animals.

I always have a feeling that Indians have to work twice or more as hard to gain/buy something that is sold to them at twice or more of the cost at half or less quality. Very sad.

Toyota should add more ergonomy to their vehicles, because we're made to pay more than their worth!

They should also add more safety features, after all, our lives are equally important!

Last edited by nitinbose : 6th December 2011 at 19:44.
Old 6th December 2011, 19:59   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
I always have a feeling that Indians have to work twice or more as hard to gain/buy something that is sold to them at twice or more of the cost at half or less quality. Very sad.

They should also add more safety features, after all, our lives are equally important!
Toyota knows for a fact that there is no indian manufacturer who can compete with the quality and reliability of Toyota. They are taking undue advantage of that.

Even though XUV is launched, its evident that there are so many niggles and even issues like door not shutting, glass missing on speedo etc which are very elementary.
Old 6th December 2011, 20:02   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Toyota knows for a fact that there is no indian manufacturer who can compete with the quality and reliability of Toyota. They are taking undue advantage of that.

Even though XUV is launched, its evident that there are so many niggles and even issues like door not shutting, glass missing on speedo etc which are very elementary.
What about the German counterparts, such as Volkswagen & Skoda? I believing they're also gearing fast, along with BMW!
Old 13th December 2011, 20:59   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What about the German counterparts, such as Volkswagen & Skoda? I believing they're also gearing fast, along with BMW!
Skoda, VW and BMW poised themselves as Premium brands but toyota launched at "affordable" prices that appealed to fleet managers and the upper middle class.

Toyota also made service and spares available at reasonalbe prices and way cheaper than a Skoda/VW/BMW.
Old 14th December 2011, 20:28   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI found both Fortuner & Innova face lift. Link below

New Toyota Innova, Fortuner spied - News - Autocar India Mobile Edition
Old 14th December 2011, 21:11   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

Wonder what the XUV is doing next to the facelifts. Was toyota doing a comparison to see how their product is with respect to competition. And the XUV is a dealer test drive vehicle. Wonder where this was photographed in Bangalore !!!
Old 14th December 2011, 21:16   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
Wonder what the XUV is doing next to the facelifts. Was toyota doing a comparison to see how their product is with respect to competition. And the XUV is a dealer test drive vehicle. Wonder where this was photographed in Bangalore !!!
Autocar is having doubts on whether there would be an increase in prices. When everyone is pretty sure about that, how come professionals like them are having doubts.

No vehicle is really in competition for Fortuner. EVen if features wise Captiva or XUV Wins, Quality wise Toyota will win hands down.
Old 15th December 2011, 10:34   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Even after the facelift I dont think there will be surge in demand of Innova. Even if its the facelift, it seems only the head light and tail lights are going to be redesigned and at most the front grille. The side profile and the interiors still remain almost same. But still Innova is considered better compared to Xylo and it is more in demand if you try to book a taxi.
Off topic. Toyota are really worst at masking their cars. They should learn from their German counter parts.
Wonder why they are even masking it. On a lighter vein, maybe the guys at the factory wanted something to mask given so many other manufacturers are testing so many new vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Skoda, VW and BMW poised themselves as Premium brands but toyota launched at "affordable" prices that appealed to fleet managers and the upper middle class.

Toyota also made service and spares available at reasonalbe prices and way cheaper than a Skoda/VW/BMW.
Quote:
Toyota has a feeling that whatever they throw to the Indian customers would be greedily brought by them, just like throwing food to a pack of hungry animals.
C'mon, Toyota does deliver quality. The service center experience is unparellaled to any other brand. The cost of their spares is extremely low - A complete clutch replacement in an innova along with the labor cost is 10K, can you beat that.

By the way, I used to be an Innova Hater, but one long distance trip in it along with my parents, wife and 2 year old changed the way I percieved it, and I went for it.

I believe that with the Innova, the customer always wins, the aftermarket price is the best for the innova. I will still get almost the same amount I paid for the car, if I were to sell it again - the way Toyota increases their prices, the second hand market prices go up as well.

In my case, my company bought the innova for around 9 L in 2008 (Gx), i got it transferred in my name in 2010 for around 7 L, had an immediate offer from a dealer friend that he can sell it off in 8L at that time, today - I am still getting offers of around 7 to 7.5 Lakhs. This I am sure does not happen with any other brand

Quote:

Toyota should add more ergonomy to their vehicles, because we're made to pay more than their worth!

I agree that they can put a few more features for safety, but otherwise I think and its my own personal opinion that they are doing a brilliant job. I feel that the innova is the best car that your money can buy in the price band that they come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
Its not the Cam in the Crome Garnish...Its the cover for the Numberplate Light. I have seen a Petrol Innova Today @ Panjim..No Rear Cam & Sensor.

This is indeed a top of the Line V Variant with Music System(DVD), MID, Steering Controls, Alloys, dual airbags and Phone Feature(Phone book, Call pick and Drop) for Music System like the one on Figo.
Did you manage to get a look if it had an AT? No sensors and cam, how much will Toyota save with that cut - maybe it will come fitted in the vehicles on launch, and was not fitted on to the test and the ones for the ad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Shame that Innova still has a pull-type antenna of the '60s.
Why cant they get a decent antenna.
Old 15th December 2011, 19:29   #132
Senior - BHPian

@ an_and: I know the Innova has a huge resale value and the services are cost effective. Infact I had an Innova which I'd sold after one year of use and upgraded to a Fortuner.

The only part that makes me feel bad is that they dont give importance to user ergonomy or comfort. The safety systems are more-or-less outdated. Hence I'd say the car is overpriced. At such prices, luxury and performance is equally important.
Old 16th December 2011, 11:54   #133
BHPian

Innova facelift along with Fortuner facelift will be displayed at the Toyota hall at Auto Expo 2012 and may be launched soon after / or during the show.

The Innova facelift resembles Kijang Innova launched in Indonesia.

Please find attached a brochure of the same in PDF format received from a reliable source along with this post.
Old 16th December 2011, 13:04   #134
BHPian

This new upgrade is a definite welcome for me. Although all Toyotas require familiarity to get liked, this one is certainly more acceptable for a first roll out.
Old 16th December 2011, 14:11   #135
BHPian

The PDF file that missed to be attached in the last post.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kijang Innova mi Catalogue.pdf (1.96 MB, 1877 views)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed