Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2011, 11:31   #136
BANNED

Re: July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Nano was a great headline but even at the times when much praise was being showered upon it, I had never expected it to be a great success. You see bike has its intrinsic advantages which no car, even if it is priced at par with two wheeler, can match.

Great work GTO and others. One of my favourite BHP topics and amongst the first things I look for on the first day of every month. Thanks for it.
Old 5th August 2011, 11:58   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
* Aria at 328 units is a poor performer. I guess its a flop. Lets see what the 4x2 version can do for it.

* I never expected the Nano to break any sales records & that is what i see.

* What happened to the swift? from 11353 to 348 units? is it the effect of the new swift coming in? I guess some dealers have even closed bookings, right?

* This month, Punto has sold more than the Swift, LOL! I can see that Jazz has always sold lesser than the Punto... If only it had a diesel engine...
I dont think Aria s performance is as bad as it is being made to look. At 328 units for a vehicle thats starts 14+ lakhs it is doing a decent job in my opinion inspite of the brand image problem that tata has in the segment.

Old swift production has been stopped for a month or so now. The numbers we have here is the dispatches to the dealers not the actual nos sold in the market. So when there are no swifts being manufactured, how do you expect them to be dispatched?

Incidently the new swift reportedly has already amassed 40K plus bookings. So dont be surprised to see next couple of months swift figures touch even 20K per month.
Old 5th August 2011, 12:33   #138
Senior - BHPian

Very poor numbers for Linea. Wonder if they have any new model launches in the near future because that generates a little bit of sales for them. Shouldn't they give up on the Indian market?
Old 5th August 2011, 12:38   #139
BHPian

[quote=GTO;2453374]Quick points from my side:

- Tough days at Fiat, very tough. They have just about managed to cross a thousand units, despite having decent cars & Tata's wide network. Lets see what their new head of Marketing can do to turn this situation around.

How come Linea sells less than an Ambassador. I do not think HM have a strong dealer/sales network.
Linea looks like a good vehicle to me and i always think that would be my next car. But every time i see monthly figures, linea seems to be going into oblivion.

Is there a strange market force stopping Linea or is it really that bad?
Old 5th August 2011, 12:44   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

* Aria at 328 units is a poor performer. I guess its a flop. Lets see what the 4x2 version can do for it.

Aria doing above 250 is indeed good. Check the sales with SUVs that are 4 to 5 lakhs more and you will get the picture.

Their production capacity is 1000 units a month and combine that with domestic and export demand and they are doing good numbers as per that. Imagine what the lower end model would do to the numbers now. And trust me with this but their Pride model is selling more than their other models. But now 4x2 model will add more to the numbers as a lot of innova buyers will be checking that out as even without most of the bells and whistles Aria is definitely more comfortable and spacious than innova(just leave the 3rd out of it). And yeah more fuel efficient as well.. My Aria has delivered 23 KMPL on mum-pune expressway @ 100

Last edited by psbali : 5th August 2011 at 12:58. Reason: edit
Old 5th August 2011, 13:56   #141
BHPian

Can't digest the sales figures of Nano, Punto and Linea. Two good cars from Fiat let down by their brand. Nano, well, guess we're all trying to comprehend it's roller coster ride.

"Bolero 7k+ " would've been my answer a couple of days back. Given the state of roads in namma Bengaluru these days, a drive in it convinced me otherwise.
Old 5th August 2011, 14:12   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
My Aria has delivered 23 KMPL on mum-pune expressway @ 100
You made me Whistle. Really? With A/c on or off?

That's quite a squeeze of the thick stuff! Great indeed!
Old 5th August 2011, 16:00   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post
You made me Whistle. Really? With A/c on or off?

That's quite a squeeze of the thick stuff! Great indeed!
That is with A/c on and no braking. Had stopped on toll booth otherwise the fuel efficiency was 25.7 kmpl
psbali is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 16:21   #144
BHPian

Respect man! For you and your machine!
Old 5th August 2011, 19:12   #145

First impression is very important and in the unforgiving auto industry this rule is never to be forgotten. Both Linea and Nano created good enthusiasm amongst customers before their launch, linea with the admiration guaranteed ads and nano for its image of the people's car, but both cars had small niggles which created a very negative image and the positive atmosphere initially created turned extremely negative in a instant.
Both TATA and FIAT need to re-invent their products in order to get the numbers. The bad after sales service image of these two companies also needs to be corrected.

In India people buy cars on the advice of their relatives and friends and not going by the features or the specs of the car. If this was not to be true both these cars would have done excellent.
Old 5th August 2011, 22:08   #146
BHPian

Great compilation GTO,Technocrat & Zappo !!!

Is it possible to get diesel-petrol split for each make and model ? that way it would be easy to compare some cars, eg. civic vs corolla. It will be more apparent if one is outselling other only because of diesel variant...
Old 5th August 2011, 23:52   #147
BHPian

Surprised to see the numbers done by Fluence and Santa Fe. Have to say, I half expected them to do this well. Disheartening to see such low numbers for the Linea, it deserves to sell more.

The Passat hasn't really managed to spoil the Superb's party. Nice to see the City back in the game, price revision seems to have worked wonders for Honda.
Old 6th August 2011, 08:27   #148
BHPian

Fluence, indeed, seems to making a new starting for Renault in our country. The car is a nice presentation I agree.
Old 6th August 2011, 10:01   #149
BHPian

Its really painful and disappointing that such a wonderful product as Fiat Punto and Linea biting dust and has started the race to bottom thanks to pathetic management of fiat-tata ,and still worse A** of tatas
I think Fiat should get its act together or just close the shop here.
Its same for them that cars like Nissan micra are clocking better sales figures despite being low dealership foot presence across the country .I hope only that some fiat guys are listening to market .
Old 6th August 2011, 11:03   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Aria doing above 250 is indeed good. Check the sales with SUVs that are 4 to 5 lakhs more and you will get the picture.

Their production capacity is 1000 units a month and combine that with domestic and export demand and they are doing good numbers as per that. Imagine what the lower end model would do to the numbers now. And trust me with this but their Pride model is selling more than their other models. But now 4x2 model will add more to the numbers as a lot of innova buyers will be checking that out as even without most of the bells and whistles Aria is definitely more comfortable and spacious than innova(just leave the 3rd out of it). And yeah more fuel efficient as well.. My Aria has delivered 23 KMPL on mum-pune expressway @ 100
Aria is not a Spacious Car at all. My office has taken 2 cars based on my recommendation. It is fun car to drive around (Touches 160 with ease) but it carries a lot of Tata's Niggles. I had multiple breakdowns till now and the Cars are not even 100 days old.

Maybe the batch that we got was bad, I do not Know, but after paying Rs 18.5 lakhs for each car (Top end Pride model + Corporate registration), there is no pride at all in the Car. I have not face such niggles even in my indigo.

Our Office was looking for additional 4 cars but we are never going to touch TATA again. Toyota is peace of Mind I say.

I will write a detailed review sometime soon.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed