Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2011, 11:37   #151
BHPian

Re: July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

I think Fiat and Nissan ,doesn't put much efffort in Indian market to boost the sales.
Hope some of their team's read the discussion and analysis in TBHP and incorporate them.

Unless there are price cuts like Honda did, petrol cars are going to suffer on the long run.Great come back by honda, by reducing the price.Most of the companies are now giving lots of freebies or discounts to survive.
Old 6th August 2011, 12:05   #152

Ah, the Honda City is back to where it belongs. Apart from the diesel engine which is still about 2 years away, Honda should give the City a facelift soon and the sales numbers will rise further. It is still the best petrol sedan in this price bracket. Also, with the govt. considering dual pricing for diesel, things are definitely going to get better for petrol cars.

Good to see the Verna doing so well, it just looks fantastic. Hyundai is set to become a major threat to all other carmakers in various segments, especially if it gets the new Elantra, Sonata, ix35 and the HA (alto competitor) to the Indian market soon. However, their cars leave a lot to be desired in the ride & handling department but I'm sure they're working on it.

I was expecting the Fiesta to do much better but it is overpriced for a Ford and it should have got more powerful engines.

The Vento bids adieu to its 15 seconds of fame, looks like the diesel sales have been stolen by the Verna and the petrol ones (if any) have been snatched by the City.

The new Swift has received over 40k bookings and should easily beat the Liva, at least until the diesel variant comes along.
Old 6th August 2011, 18:37   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
I dont think Aria s performance is as bad as it is being made to look. At 328 units for a vehicle thats starts 14+ lakhs it is doing a decent job in my opinion inspite of the brand image problem that tata has in the segment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Aria doing above 250 is indeed good. Check the sales with SUVs that are 4 to 5 lakhs more and you will get the picture.
I personally feel even TATA would be shocked by such low sales & even they would expect much more than this, even after considering the brand image of TATA.

I wont call this decent by any margin, to be honest.
Old 6th August 2011, 19:46   #154
Senior - BHPian

Fortuner at 1K+ units!! Looks like I made the right choice and skipped the Yeti. Toyota's performance is quite good but I do see some arrogance creeping into their Dealerships which I think will prove detrimental. I hardly find any Fortuner's available for Test Drives. They should change this attitude and then they can turn into the real Goliath (but without the arrogance) that they deserve to be in the Indian market...
Old 6th August 2011, 21:08   #155
BHPian

Nice to see Honda gain ground back..
Sad to see the Linea figures. FIAT should do something about this. They make really good cars. However, somehow the whole experience does not add up to feel good.
Surprising to see that Jazz numbers, since with the price cut it seemed to be a very tempting offer @7L approx on road in Mumbai. Still i20 getting better numbers.
Full marks to Hyundai to come up with the ANHV package with all the engine options and seriously good city car with good looks. All the magazines and everyone in the forum seems to be talking about the lack of steering response etc. but the average person buying it doesn't seem to care. Similar case with i20 too.

P.S: Thanks GTO for the nice compilation, was eager to know the July figures for ANHC after price correction.
Cheers

Last edited by mkpiyengar : 6th August 2011 at 21:12. Reason: gramatical correction done
Old 6th August 2011, 22:31   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

So for those who thinks why Nano is not selling volumes as expected, Hormazd reports...
Quote:
Heard that Tata dealers to offer cash discount of Rs 20,000 on top-end Nano. Seems like correction of price hike error earlier this year.
Old 7th August 2011, 11:07   #157
BHPian

Good work as always..
Just wanted to know if we could have a graph plot included for top 20 ones on a monthly basis. Say Jan'11 to current month..
Old 8th August 2011, 09:21   #158
BHPian

Its really disheartening to know that linea is sold less than HM ambi.Fiat will have to do some serious rethink of their sales and marketing gameplan.The single most turn off the fiat cars is the pathetic after sales service of tata-fiat.I know how much harassed we feel when our cars -which bought against the advice of the well wishers ,are left in lurch at service stations for even as sundry jobs as change of headlights .
Then we see the faces of our friends and relatives with the 'we told you na 'smile.
God bless the great car , and management -these guys dont know even the ABC of it
Old 8th August 2011, 12:04   #159
BHPian

Surprised to see Renault Fluence reaching figures of 200 + and surpassing Linea.

I dont know how Indian customers are willing to pay 14 lakh plus for a car which doesnt even have a autoclimate control and rear AC vents (diesel variant). Shocking.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:24   #160
Senior - BHPian

I TD'ed a Diesel Fluence and even i was shocked at the lack of equipment compared to the Petrol for the price you pay for the car. And the engine was nothing special either to help look over the shortcomings. The mileage claimed was really impressive though (>20kmpl) which could be one of the reasons why relatively impressive sale numbers.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:44   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I TD'ed a Diesel Fluence

The mileage claimed was really impressive though (>20kmpl) which could be one of the reasons why relatively impressive sale numbers.
Most other Diesels in the segment have 20kpl ARAI figure too, examples- Corolla, Jetta and Laura
Old 8th August 2011, 12:47   #162

I happen to hear that FIAT were putting an ad... “Diesel Linea at Petrol cost”. Could the low sales figures (shipment to dealers) be attributed to clearing the existing stock for some new launch… many of us (including me as a owner) have an opinion that MJD is underpowered, and hope the same should be known to Fiat as well. Are we going to see an engine upgrade for MJD for linea?
Old 8th August 2011, 17:46   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Comparo Charts :: July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Comparo Charts!

A Segment

July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-a_seg.jpg

B Segment HBs

July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-b_seg.jpg

B+ Segment HBs

July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-b_seg.jpg

Premium HBs

July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-prem_b_seg.jpg

Entry Level Sedan

July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-entry_c_seg.jpg

Entry Level C Sedan

July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-c_seg.jpg

C+ Sedan

July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-lux_c_seg.jpg

UV

July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-muv.jpg

MUV

July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-muv_10l.jpg

SUV

July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-suv_10l.jpg
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 17:48   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Comparo Charts contd :: July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Comparo Charts continued due to 10 image limit in the last post.

D Segment Sedans:

July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-d_seg.jpg

Premium SUVs ~ 20L:

July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-suv_20l.jpg
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 18:55   #165
BHPian

GTO - simple and elegant presentation of data. Very easy to read and understand. As always your analysis is spot on. Can you be so kind to classify your anaysis based on 4-5 segments - Entry - B - C etc and Newly Launched. This will give us more specific insights and members can pick-up the segments to coment

Swiftnfurious - Very well laid out graphs.
NikhilReddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks