Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2011, 22:20   #166
BHPian

Re: July 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

I tried porting the data into an online spreadsheet. This is how it looks.
https://public.sheet.zoho.com/public...-sales-figures

Much easier to search !!!

Mods: Not sure if there is any legal issues in posting this data on an online spreadsheet. Thought it will be easier for you to update it every month. I have PMed GTO separately. PM me if there is any problem in doing so.

dev
irdevanand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 22:42   #167
Senior - BHPian

^^ Nice Compilation. Thanks !
Old 9th August 2011, 09:53   #168
BHPian

Thanks for the figures GTO... Excellent one as usual

Dev: The compilation couldn't get better Thanks a ton
Old 9th August 2011, 11:42   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So for those who thinks why Nano is not selling volumes as expected, Hormazd reports...
Tata had a special Nano festival for TCS employees. 25 K discount + 0 down payment + 7.5% intrest rate + alloys + left side ORVM + Ratan Tata's autograph on the car. Last heard they got huge numbers. I go 2 myself 1 for the wifey and another for a cousin
Old 9th August 2011, 16:48   #170
Senior - BHPian

@ swiftfurios: why is the G Punto in the segment of wagon R, indica & i10? I feel, at more than 7.5 lakhs for diesel top end, it should be in the segment of i20 & polo.

I am enjoying the fight between scorpio & innova!
Old 9th August 2011, 19:51   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ swiftfurios: why is the G Punto in the segment of wagon R, indica & i10? I feel, at more than 7.5 lakhs for diesel top end, it should be in the segment of i20 & polo.

I am enjoying the fight between scorpio & innova!
Because I have taken the "starting prices" for each car. And the 90 HP variant was introduced late. We don't have variant wise date too.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th August 2011 at 19:53.
Old 9th August 2011, 20:38   #172
Senior - BHPian

With all due respect to M&M and Scorpio owners, I just don't understand how and why does the Scorpio sell 3.5 - 4k units on a monthly basis.

In my mind it sells because people want to own SUVs and secondly because Tata let the Safari be screwed for a considerable period of time and lastly it has a small turning radius.
Old 9th August 2011, 21:28   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Because I have taken the "starting prices" for each car. And the 90 HP variant was introduced late. We don't have variant wise date too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
With all due respect to M&M and Scorpio owners, I just don't understand how and why does the Scorpio sell 3.5 - 4k units on a monthly basis.

In my mind it sells because people want to own SUVs and secondly because Tata let the Safari be screwed for a considerable period of time and lastly it has a small turning radius.
Because the engine is a gem & the car is fairly reliable. Scorpio is bought by those who dont like the innova's van-ish looks.
Old 9th August 2011, 21:58   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post

So you don't want to give credit to M&M for making a reliable car. On the other hand you lament that TATA has mistakenly let a great car slide.

Are you into politics by any chance?
gshanky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 22:19   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer

I don't think its just because tata screwed up. At the end of the day people trust M&M more than tata. Atleast my personal exp. justifies this and it looks like many feel that way
Old 10th August 2011, 08:48   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECOMPOSE View Post
You'll be answering your own question in the Sept 2011 Sales figures thread.

Unless it opens to terrible reviews (which it wont), its going to fly of the showrooms and there is good chance that it'll might even reach 20K for the first month. You know that the Swift never seemed to sell for a discount during its lifetime (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...uki-swift.html) , a newer Swift will set the sales chart on fire.

I believe MSIL already had more than 30,000 confirmed bookings about a week ago....and reading the reviews, see no reason why it should not do well.....
Old 10th August 2011, 13:08   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_2580 View Post
I believe MSIL already had more than 30,000 confirmed bookings about a week ago....and reading the reviews, see no reason why it should not do well.....
And I heard most of it for the diesel model. Approximately 75%.
Old 10th August 2011, 13:28   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
And I heard most of it for the diesel model. Approximately 75%.

Wouldn't be surprised.....MSIL earlier said that the models where they have diesel engines, the diesel option accounts for 60% - 80% of total vols....And I guess with increasing fuel cost differential and improving diesel engines, this is only bound to go up..

I have also read that inherently diesel engines are more efficient (in terms of producing energy) thereby not only giving higher power/average but also lower emissions. Historically, lack of technology has been holding them back. With the advent of modern engines, it will be difficult for petrol engines to match unless they take another technological leap...Any thoughts?

I also understand that diesel is far more popular in Europe compared to US. While some of it is also because of history, but I wonder what’s stopping US from adopting diesel engines in masses? I could be wrong as well – so again any thoughts?

Mod's Note: Please avoid copy-pasting from external sources or word processing tools. Whatever you want to type please do so directly out here.
Old 10th August 2011, 14:28   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSTR View Post
Tata had a special Nano festival for TCS employees. 25 K discount + 0 down payment + 7.5% intrest rate + alloys + left side ORVM + Ratan Tata's autograph on the car. Last heard they got huge numbers. I go 2 myself 1 for the wifey and another for a cousin
Last I heard they did not manage selling even 50 cars out of a total 10000+ odd TCS folks in Bombay..

Mostly all are waiting for electronic steering, diesel pot and auto transmission.

All the best for your purchases. Was a really good offer for whoever wanted a Nano.

Cheers
Old 10th August 2011, 14:36   #180
BHPian

Apparently Honda is having trouble selling even in the US.

Not one of its models, is among the top 10 models for July.

Here's the link -

The 25 Best-Selling Vehicles Through July | The Truth About Cars

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed