Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2011, 09:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Now C this mercedes - 2011 C class 200 CGI avantgarde with panoramic sunroof

Car sure looks good. But the same doesnt seem to be CE edition. Will there be a CE edition launched for the facelift, now that they have more people migrating towards 320D and X1?
Old 4th August 2011, 14:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Now C this mercedes - 2011 C class 200 CGI avantgarde with panoramic sunroof

Just got a call from the dealer,

Initially only C200 CGI Avantgarde, and diesels and other variants later, will include panorama roof and advance parking system and intelligent lights but the worst news is the fact that the 7G Tronic will only be on the petrol and the diesel will continue with the old 5 speed?

Why would Mercedes India still not learn how far the competetion is and not get aggressive enough to offer 7G considering across the world that is now in most countries standard?

Nice car but once again disappointed that Mercedes India just does not take steps ahead.

Now let's hope the price is right?

Regards,
Old 4th August 2011, 14:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
Well the facelift is long due in India. The Mercedes Dealer in Mumbai was offering me 2.5l Rs off the base petrol last month and denying the launch of a face lift anytime soon.
The new steering wheel looks amazing and the detailing of the new headlamps are nice.
Dealer in India are such liars. The C Class facelift has been in overseas markets for over 6 months now and how much longer would Merc India wait to bring it here? Im sure the next gen C Class is going to be unveiled in less than 18 months.
Old 4th August 2011, 14:47   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Just got a call from the dealer,

Initially only C200 CGI Avantgarde, and diesels and other variants later, will include panorama roof and advance parking system and intelligent lights but the worst news is the fact that the 7G Tronic will only be on the petrol and the diesel will continue with the old 5 speed?

Why would Mercedes India still not learn how far the competetion is and not get aggressive enough to offer 7G considering across the world that is now in most countries standard?

Nice car but once again disappointed that Mercedes India just does not take steps ahead.

Now let's hope the price is right?

Regards,
God, if that is true, I am appalled at MBIL offering a panoramic sunroof (what for- to collect bird droppings or as paan "spittoons" while passing buses?) and not a 7 speeder on the Diesel? These people doesn't seem to be learning anything ever.
Old 4th August 2011, 15:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

nik_kapur,

Trust me some of the sales staff in these dealerships honestly do not know much of the car and their future updates, and some who know of it keep tight lipped to try clear old stock it's only a part of their trade.

Yeldo,

I still do hope he is wrong, because when you see the germany price list there is no 5 speed transmission even as an option for the C now, so is Mercedes India really dumping gearboxes here? If yes, no wonder others are catching up, if Not then I guess the sales guy is wrong but he clearly said during training he asked why not 7G for the diesels and the answer given by Mercedes India was so that 'People here enjoy the torque of the C250 CDI @ 500 nm.' I seriously think this is the worst explanation ever.

I wonder when Mercedes India will realize they lost a lot of us clients for their attitude and slow behavior and looks like nothing changes there.

About Panorama roof, it's a nice add on but I still think there were more important things to look at and that being the transmission, but I guess they will get away with the new factor, and the upgraded interior will attract a lot of buyers.

Just so disappointed with this news.

Regards,
Old 4th August 2011, 19:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Dealer in India are such liars. The C Class facelift has been in overseas markets for over 6 months now and how much longer would Merc India wait to bring it here? Im sure the next gen C Class is going to be unveiled in less than 18 months.
[quote=S350L-E240;2456167]nik_kapur,

Honestly speaking every dealership and staff in india knew about the facelift but not the exact launch period.

Second, they cant say this bit because once you officially confirm that the face lift is due soon then your current sales goes for a toss. MBIL has to clear the old stock.

secondly i agree that staff might not be aware about the features and spec and again even if they are aware of it they cant pass this information until and unless they get a go ahead form MBIL.

Again you might have seen C spec in other countries with 7G tronic but there is a possibility that it might just come with 5speed. this is one disadvantage of CKD cars.. honestly even in some CBUs you dont have an option to customize the vehicle.

I personally liked the new C over the current one.
Old 4th August 2011, 22:29   #22
BHPian

No 7-Gtronic on the Diesels? That's a shame. Why does are market suffer from the lack of essential bits to make it cost efficient even in the premium segment. I thought with this facelift Mercedes will finally offer the 7-Gtronic transmission if not across all models at least in the top-of-the-line C250 CDI. I would still hope that the sales rep S350L-E240 spoke to did not have an idea about what he was talking or was trying to play very smart to maybe catch the market by surprise .
Old 5th August 2011, 14:49   #23
BHPian

The new C is definitely winning in the looks department. The steering wheel is really a keeper!
The car looks more aggressive with its styling and the panoramic sunroof is also a great add to this segment.

Kudos to a great find!
Old 5th August 2011, 20:02   #24
BHPian

Correct me if I am wrong, but looks like some wrong info flowing here regarding the 7 speed gearbox on C250 CDI. The current 250 CDI comes with 7 speed gearbox for sure (out going model). The reason being:

I bought C220 CDI Executive Edition last year in November. I was clearly told that C250 CDI comes with 7 speed gearbox and the Executive Edition comes only in C220 5 speed configuration and that was mentioned on their brochure as well.

Edit: I have brochure to support this.

Last edited by Nitrous Power : 5th August 2011 at 20:06.
Old 5th August 2011, 20:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Nitrous Power,

Only the C250 had 7G. Quite sure of this.

Regards,
Old 5th August 2011, 20:40   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240
Nitrous Power,

Only the C250 had 7G. Quite sure of this.

Regards,
I didn't understand. Isn't the discussion regarding the C250 CDI having 7G or not? I am sure that C250 CDI has 7G. Let me find out the brochure for the same.
Old 5th August 2011, 20:42   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but looks like some wrong info flowing here regarding the 7 speed gearbox on C250 CDI. The current 250 CDI comes with 7 speed gearbox for sure (out going model). The reason being:

I bought C220 CDI Executive Edition last year in November. I was clearly told that C250 CDI comes with 7 speed gearbox and the Executive Edition comes only in C220 5 speed configuration and that was mentioned on their brochure as well.

Edit: I have brochure to support this.
Well, the brochure with me says 5 Speed for both C220CDI & C250CDI. Even the E250CDI which shares the 2143cc engine sports a 5 speeder.

What is this, the same company giving two brochures with different specification narrations?
Old 5th August 2011, 20:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo

Well, the brochure with me says 5 Speed for both C220CDI & C250CDI. Even the E250CDI which shares the 2143cc engine sports a 5 speeder.

What is this, the same company giving two brochures with different specification narrations?
Sorry guys, my mistake. Just checked the brochure that I have. You guys are correct, C250 CDI didn't come with 7G. It was C250 that came with 7G.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 13th August 2011, 01:50   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

The steering looks great but one thing I hated while driving an E class recently is that the steering column has two stalks on the left (one for lights+wiper and the other for cruise) and no stalk on the right as can be seen in the pic blow:
Now C this mercedes - 2011 C class 200 CGI avantgarde with panoramic sunroof-2012mercedesbenzcclassfacelift76.jpg
Source: Motor Mania Buzz: New Car: 2011 Mercedes C-Class facelift

Every time I reached for an indicator stalk, I accidentally touched the cruise stalk. We all know that euro car makers are lazy to switch the wiper/indicator stalks for India, but Merc takes it a whole new level. The left hand which is supposed to deal with gear shift (even if AT) also has to deal with two stalks on the left while right has no stalks. For LHDs, this offers good ergonomics because then your right hand can be permanently on the gear knob. It sucked for RHD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks