Team-BHP - How would these cars do on the track!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   How would these cars do on the track!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/105615-how-would-these-cars-do-track.html)

Here's what i would like to know:-

Scenario:- 4 cars pitched against each other on the track (Race Track)

Cars:- I'm putting up 2 petrol cars and 2 Diesel cars here.
Petrol : Cedia Sports and Honda City iVtec
Diesel: Optra Magnum and Skoda Laura

What i wanna know:- How these cars would perform on the track against each other in the following areas-
"Straight line speed" "Corner Speed" "Fastest of the block"

Please pitch in with your views as to how these cars would battle it out against each other on the track.

Thanks in advance for your valuable views,
Cheers :)

In the diesel segment i fell Laura would be atleast 2 seconds a ahead if we time a lap.

In Petrol the Cedia would be 1 second atleast ahead of Honda Citiy

Straight line speed - Skoda may be better
Corner speed - Skoda will be better
Fastest of the block - Very close.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW2010 (Post 2455997)
In the diesel segment i fell Laura would be atleast 2 seconds a ahead if we time a lap.

In Petrol the Cedia would be 1 second atleast ahead of Honda Citiy

Straight line speed - Skoda may be better
Corner speed - Skoda will be better
Fastest of the block - Very close.

So skoda would corner better than the Cedia you mean to say or are you comparing it only with the Optra.

Same for fastest of the block- Are you comparing it to all cars?

I am just comparing with the above two set of cars. And its my personal though driving both of them. Just a biased judgement rather.

I feel the Skoda drives better than Optra and Cedia drives better than Honda City.

For all practicality Honda City would be the car i would buy over Cedia. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW2010 (Post 2456047)
I am just comparing with the above two set of cars. And its my personal though driving both of them. Just a biased judgement rather.

I feel the Skoda drives better than Optra and Cedia drives better than Honda City.

For all practicality Honda City would be the car i would buy over Cedia. :)

I rather have all 4 cars compared on the aspects mentioned. So what do you say the track manners would be with all 4 pitted against each other.

My rating for the four would be - SKODA-Cedia, Optra and City.

City as the name suggest is good in the city is what i feel. Owners please dont throw stones at me :)

Straight line speed - laura >magnum >city
Corner Speed - laura > magnum > city
Fastest of the block - no idea on this one
PS: I have not included cedia because I have never driven one

I assume you intend to compare the Laura 1.9 tdi to the optra magnum, because the 2.0 tdi is in a different league altogether and the Optra is no match. IMO, in a straight line, the Optra might outrun a 1.9tdi laura, but around a lap, the laura will win because it handles a lot better.
Among the petrols, in a straight line, the city will run very close to the cedia, but I think around a lap, the cedia will whip it.

IMO, the end result of a 4 car race around a lap would be cedia, laura, city, optra
In a straight line, it would be cedia, city, optra and laura.

the laura 2.0 tdi will be far ahead of the other 3 if thats the laura u putting into the race track

thats my 10 cents worth